Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Season Injury News

ColonialWBSkinsFan

11 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think it's possible this extends it because they were 5-2 before the injuries, then the season was derailed because of something beyond his control. 

This is what is so frustrating.  Dan will probably see it this way, they were in first place but the injuries killed Jay's chance at a good season. The truth is this was a terribly flawed team before the injuries and they were only in first place because the defending SB champs are struggling and the rest of the division is crap. 

6 hours ago, markmills67 said:

Were do you see 4 wins coming from,  Tampa will score at least 28 points on Sunday. We have at least 3 new starters on the OL, Dockson is our best receiver available who couldn't catch a cold, and Smith can't throw for more than 2 yards, which puts pressure on Peterson who last week getting back to the LOS was a miracle in itself. In my opinion we will score 20 or less and the Buccs won't. 

HTTR 

Don't give other teams too much credit and don't just assume the Skins will go away...I agree it looks bleak but it looked bleak after New Orleans and they rattled off 3 straight. Defense and special teams will have to really step up the next 4 weeks til we regain some health. 

Dallas is falling apart, the Eagles schedule is brutal and NYG are all but dead. We need to go 3-3 or 4-2 in the division and pick up 2-3 other wins along the way and we will be in good shape....It's a loooooong season. Gotta go to Tampa and start strong....

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Steelers lost the best back in the league and are still 6-2....we lost Guice and started crying. No excuses. Good teams win.

Connor looks like a top 10 back this year. Perhaps they also were lucky to have a gem in the rough on the roster backing him up.

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Steelers lost the best back in the league and are still 6-2....we lost Guice and started crying. No excuses. Good teams win.

Steelers have one of the best O lines in the game. Every one of those guys have ben all pro at one time and they never get hurt. We do not have even a good line. IMO you could just about plug any decent back into their offense and he would excel. They have great scouting and drafting. That is why they are in the championship game every year. They have the best WR in the game and they got him in I think the 6th round.  We can't even get a good WR in the 1st round. They have a HOF QB with a great passing game so it sets off the running game. We are not in their league. 

4 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Indeed. I would agree, although with our new OL injuries, I'm more than a little concerned he'll be able to keep it up.

As am I...

The optimist in me wants to look back at APs highlights and see a lot of his success is him and his vision, and not necessarily that we had a previously dominant O-line.

4 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

As am I...

The optimist in me wants to look back at APs highlights and see a lot of his success is him and his vision, and not necessarily that we had a previously dominant O-line.

Not entirely unreasonable. I don't think our OL was ever dominant. We had two dominant lineman, but the line as a whole was not.

On 11/6/2018 at 5:47 AM, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Hi all. In the past I have seen many players play with a cast on their arm so how come Trent W is not playing. It is not like a O lineman has to have use of both hands on every play like a WR. 

I agree...Joe Jacoby is laughing

3 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Yeah...  but the realist in me knows both of those guys are out... 

At least one of them will be back in a couple of weeks. 

I fear a torn pec will impact Scherff's career and ability to bounce back next year, though potentially impacting more than just this season. 

Underscores why we should plan to invest heavily in OL in the draft and FA.

2 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

At least one of them will be back in a couple of weeks. 

I fear a torn pec will impact Scherff's career and ability to bounce back next year, though potentially impacting more than just this season. 

Underscores why we should plan to invest heavily in OL in the draft and FA.

I pray Scherff is the kind of guy I think he is, and attacks rehab the way he attacks D-lineman.  Luckily he's still very young so hopefully he can get right if that's what he want's to do.  It does suck for him big time as he's due for a contract extension soon, injury like that where chest strength is about as important as anything could really make gms wonder.... 

3 hours ago, dyst said:

Bell has always been overrated. Every back that has taken his place when injured has done well. It is creative play calling and a HOF qb and receiver that leads to productivity for their rbs. 

We don't have any of that. 

4 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

What exactly is going on with Christ Thompson right now. I am not being flippant when I say that if we are going to make the playoffs, maybe we shut him down until the end of the season and then hope he can stay healthy for 4 weeks at that point. 

With Bibbs on the roster and Marshall returning next week.. its not a bad idea... 

1 hour ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Why are we so injured all the time ? This is every season now. We are the most injured team in the league, how much of this is bad luck or is it some other possible factors that we can control?

The age old debate...

Me PERSONALLY.... I feel like there's something off.  Training facility.. training staff.. field preparation.. something.  We have our fair share of freak injuries where guys get rolled up on, guys get rolled up on quite a bit across the NFL and NCAA, but I feel like other times we'll see it resulting in a sprain or pull... it seems like with us a lot of our injuries are catastrophic.  Freak injuries WILL happen... but I feel like things can be done to limit the severity of some of those injuries.   Trent Williams dislocating his thumb because it got caught in a facemask is a freak accident.  

Paul Richardson is having surgery on his AC joint in his shoulder.  If i'm not mistaken, this may be the same shoulder he hurt week 1 diving for that ball on the deep shot.  Why are we in week 10 of the season and he's now going to have it repaired?   Why has it gone 9 weeks and not gotten better?  Did he re-injure it this past week?  I can't find anything.... all I can find is that he's out to repair an ailing shoulder.  Why?  Why now?  

I wonder if guys aren't being treated correctly as well.  It makes me wonder about Thompson and Crowder.  It makes me question who is making the call whether a guy can go or not.... whether a guy can go and what his risk for re-injury is... Are they thinking about how if an O-lineman has a hobbled leg it slows them down even a half step, causing them to be more susceptible to getting rolled up on?  I wonder with this group because we keep seeing these 'freak' accidents happen in seemingly a consistent and regular occurrence.   

2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Keim said on Twitter that Richardson has been fighting through the pain all season and finally had to stop playing and fix it. Guessing he aggravated it or made it worse, yes. 

Seemed like he was nicked up all season. Hopefully we get him full go in 2019.

Archived