Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread: Redskins @ Patriots

KDawg

35 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

I hope not, I'm so tired of Kelley, he sucks. Hope Bibbs beats him for the final spot. 

The RB battle is one of the more intriguing conflicts this off-season. It appears to be divided into two tiers- Chris Thompson and Derrius Guice( and their backups).

I prefer Kelly as the backup to Guice. Can't explain why, just looks(subjective eye test) slightly more athletic, yet still retaining the power.

I prefer Bibbs to Marshall, because he appears a bit more explosive than Byron. 

I think Gruden keeps 4 RB's, which seems slightly absurd in today's NFL offenses' 

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

His knee went in a direction that it wasn't created to move.

Thats a pathetic quote from Jay on Ion. I like Jay, but that’s absolutely ridiculous. 

Anderson had some great reps against the run. 

Really liked what I saw from Maurice Harris and Robert Davis. Especially since they were going up against a good portion of the Patriots' first team defense at the beginning of the game. It would be nice if both make the team. In general the first half was a good outing, McCoy looked really sharp and calm.

Now let's just hope that Guice and Matty are not seriously injured. That would be a major blow. I still don't understand why Ioannidis was even in the game at that point. That's just careless and stupid.

8 hours ago, dyst said:

I hear this every year and every year we suck and practically miss the playoffs. This time is different though 

Nobody knows what will happen. We can only go by what we see.

What we saw was when the Redskins had their semi-starters and 2nd team in there, they controlled the game against a veteran heavy Patriot team.

When the Redskins went to their "scrubs" and rookies, the Patriots kept in a good deal of their veterans, and that's when the game got out of hand for Washington.

So I'm not unhappy this morning. The Redskins looked really good when it mattered. And they didn't even play many of the starters.

True, the Redskins didn't have to go against Brady, but they didn't have to face Alex Smith, either. :P

7 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Nobody knows what will happen. We can only go by what we see.

What we saw was when the Redskins had their semi-starters and 2nd team in there, they controlled the game against a veteran heavy Patriot team.

When the Redskins went to their "scrubs" and rookies, the Patriots kept in a good deal of their veterans, and that's when the game got out of hand for Washington.

So I'm not unhappy this morning. The Redskins looked really good when it mattered. And they didn't even play many of the starters.

True, they didn't have to gace Brady, but they didn't have to face Alex Smith, either. :P

Many of their starters? 

They didn't play any of them really. 

Guice had like three carries but he's still not listed as our starter and he's a rookie. 

Ionnidis played alot and he looked  awesome until the injury. 

The skins didn't play a single first stringer on offense. 

I don't see how you can say semi starters, the patriots did that.  They had a mix of starters and backups,  we literally played all backups. 

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Many of their starters? 

They didn't play any of them really. 

Guice had like three carries but he's still not listed as our starter and he's a rookie. 

Ionnidis played alot and he looked like awesome until the injury. 

The skins didn't play a single first stringer on offense. 

You could be right, of course. The Redskins probably didn't play any of their starters last night.

But since I didn't know the exact make-up of the team, I felt it necessary to put in the "many" disclaimer. :)

Will someone please explain to Redskins TV that there's a football game going on? Perhaps they could use some of those fancy cameras and microphones pointed in that direction. Let CP interview JNo about dancing with the stars at halftime. That's one of my biggest peeves about Redskins Pre-Season broadcasts.

Man i would seriously be looking for another camp arm after the hogan outing - i did not see the second half but he has an odd throwing action and really any rep he gets says to me - wasted rep... 

Having watched the first half - and yes it is the first half of the first preseason game but  i have to say the velocity in the throws and decisiveness of Colt for me was refreshing and at odds with what I remember about Colt - buuuut having said that the last time i really  paid attention was 2014... 

I also really liked Bibbs/ Marshell, and i really did not like thin Rob - who looked exactly the same as Fat rob but slighter and less productive  - Perine other than the fumble looked way better and to me ... i am hoping the Gruden Fat (thin) Rob hype is to try and yield a draft pick from him .... say doesn't his brother need a RB - Kelly  straight up for Mack  seems absoulty fair ...  

Also i have to say the WR situation at the bottom of the roster is intriguing Cam Simms did not look like a rookie getting open on that big play (and as much as i like Harris that did not look like a TD to me - i am not sure he got his second foot down)  

2 minutes ago, bedlamVR said:

Man i would seriously be looking for another camp arm after the hogan outing - i did not see the second half but he has an odd throwing action and really any rep he gets says to me - wasted rep... 

I'm with you there.

Next week against the Jets, I'd like to see Smith play at least a quarter, then have McCoy finish the game.

Hogan was horrible last night.

18 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

You could be right, of course. The Redskins probably didn't play any of their starters last night.

But since I didn't know the exact make-up of the team, I felt it necessary to put in the "many" disclaimer. :)

Yeah all im really saying is under normal preseason conditions we probably would have seen roullier at center maybe scherff for a few snaps,  probably Richardson for a series or two,  etc etc. 

It was just totally different last night,  it looked like the second half of a fourth preseason game. 

I don't even know how to feel about this game, on one hand i like how good our second string looked but on the other I have no idea how the skins looked because none of these guys are going to get significant playing time opening day. 

Gotta love preseason. 

How much does it suck though that the only two guys who suited up last night and are also expected to play a major role this year are both scheduled for mri's this morning. 

Our luck really sucks. 

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

I don't even know how to feel about this game, on one hand i like how good our second string looked but on the other I have no idea how the skins looked because none of these guys are going to get significant playing time opening day. 

Gotta love preseason 

Yet we have folks here ready to declare the Redskins' season will be an 0-16 disaster due to this loss last night. :ols:

Like you said, gotta love preseason.

I'll admit that I wasn't watching with a detailed eye last night as I was helping my son with something during most of the first half.  But I walked away thinking Kelley looked like he's improved.  Perrine to me looked like he had a quicker first step but goes down on first contact.  Maybe if I'm bored enough over the weekend I'll replay it and see if my mind was playing tricks on me.

1 hour ago, bowhunter said:

Will someone please explain to Redskins TV that there's a football game going on? Perhaps they could use some of those fancy cameras and microphones pointed in that direction. Let CP interview JNo about dancing with the stars at halftime. That's one of my biggest peeves about Redskins Pre-Season broadcasts.

I'm tired of the whole thing myself. Why is it so hard to just discuss the game. I don't want funny comments, discussions about non-football related stuff or how "back in my day when I was playing" recaps. Everything about the operation just feels lackluster.

Archived