Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread: Redskins @ Patriots

KDawg

1 hour ago, SkinsGuy said:

Yet we have folks here ready to declare the Redskins' season will be an 0-16 disaster due to this loss last night. :ols:

Like you said, gotta love preseason.

Maybe not 0-16 but how about....

7-9

8-7-1

9-7

4-12

3-13

Their record for the last 5 years. Ah, but wait...this year will be different. Hope you're right.

7 minutes ago, dyst said:

Maybe not 0-16 but how about....

7-9

8-7-1

9-7

4-12

3-13

Their record for the last 5 years. Ah, but wait...this year will be different. Hope you're right.

How about it's too early to make any solid prognostications?

Especially from a game where no starters played.

Just now, SkinsGuy said:

I hope they show us something this year, something different than what they have for the past 27 years. Personally, based on their recent history (if you call 27 years recent), it would be foolish to be optimistic for this team. They just haven't shown us any reason to be. It's on them to prove us wrong. One of these years they will. Hopefully year 28 is that year.

8 hours ago, shakinaiken said:

Can we bring back Nate Sudfeld? Hogan looked incompetent. Like really bad. I'll take John Beck as well

All-in-all the season would be pretty much blown if we have to rely on any 3rd stringer. If Hogan does not show any improvement from here on out, his time in D.C. will be done.

2 minutes ago, Supreme Wu said:

This offense seems incapable of opening any holes for the running game. I know pre-season disclaimers apply but I didn't see any change from the last few seasons, every single run play seems to go right into a brick wall of defenders.

The Redskins had 120 yards rushing last night behind a make-shift o-line (no starters played).

15 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Based on our injury history, those guys starting the game will be starting game 15 for us this year.. LOL.

Just kidding. I sure hope not..

Watched the 1st half. Nothing that would reflect on the regular season stood out to me. Really injuries were the biggest concerns. 

- McCoy looked like he had his timing down.

- Mo Harris looks solid and dependable. Does he get himself open or are defenses just not worried about him?

- Stroman looked like a competent returner. Looks every bit of 5'11 and 180 though. Not sure he sticks to the 53 as our 6th cb.

- Guice looked explosive. Very small sample size. Sucks he hyper extended the same left knee he had injury issues at LSU last year

Craig Hoffman on the junkies:

- Geron Christian needs a lot of work and is not where a 3rd rounder should be in terms of being ready. Needs to bulk up.

- Danny Johnson (cb) is playing his way onto the 53.

- Shaun Dion Hamilton looked like the 2nd rounder he was projected to be. Very smart player. Could be a very solid ILB for years to come.

11 hours ago, Vanguard said:

It's passion.  Real Redskins fans don't take any kind of loss well.

Real Redskins fans remember when Gibbs went 0-4 almost every preseason 

56 minutes ago, Supreme Wu said:

This offense seems incapable of opening any holes for the running game. I know pre-season disclaimers apply but I didn't see any change from the last few seasons, every single run play seems to go right into a brick wall of defenders.

120 yards rushing when the Redskins played their 2nd string against NE’s starting front 7 for two quarters is an inabiiity to run?

I really wonder what some of you watch. 

Just now, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Why anyone would get worked up over mediocrity in the preseason when there is a long long season of mediocrity before us is beyond me.

It took me years to learn to pace myself. I've got weeks to go before I get disappointed. 

2 hours ago, dyst said:

I hope they show us something this year, something different than what they have for the past 27 years. Personally, based on their recent history (if you call 27 years recent), it would be foolish to be optimistic for this team. They just haven't shown us any reason to be. It's on them to prove us wrong. One of these years they will. Hopefully year 28 is that year.

They have invested heavily (pun intended) in the trenches. Last year we would have seen this begin paying off were it not for an extremely rare spate of injuries. I don't think we'll see nearly so many guys out this year.

The addition of Guice will help us present a more balanced offensive game plan which should in turn improve our red zone efficiency.

I find these developments encouraging.

Archived