Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

Swearinger faking the punch was stupid, but I'm guessing there's more behind that "fake" to Pryor than we know. I'm getting a general sense that Pryor wasn't all that well liked. Not judging him here, may not have been his fault, maybe he just didn't mesh with the team. 

In the end, though, it was just some "Welcome back to Richmond" posturing by Swearinger, and people are eating it up. So it doesn't particularly matter.

I'm somewhat intrigued by the WR position. I'd say with Davis down, Harris is almost a lock to make the team, if he wasn't already (which is a good move, in my opinion).

I'm worried about the run game minus Guice. And I realize that I'm in the minority here, but I think Samaje Perine is going to have a good year for us. Yes, he fumbled against the Patriots. Yes, he had a fumble problem last year. But fumbles do happen. I'm hoping that isn't a sign of what's to come moving forward with Perine.

He had excellent vision against NE, one hell of a jump cut, and he ran with some damn authority. If he can nip the fumbling problem, I think he, Thompson and Marshall/Bibbs can have a heck of a year in the Skins backfield. I know the general collective on the board is that Perine stinks, but I'm not sure that's the case. Dude played like a man at Oklahoma, and what I saw of Perine in flashes last year and in the preseason game last Thursday looked like Oklahoma Perine to me. I'm optimistic on his improvement. 

I'm not a Rob Kelley fan, personally. I think he's a solid journeyman back for a team that needs one. But I don't think he fits in our logjammed backfield. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Swearinger faking the punch was stupid, but I'm guessing there's more behind that "fake" to Pryor than we know. I'm getting a general sense that Pryor wasn't all that well liked. Not judging him here, may not have been his fault, maybe he just didn't mesh with the team. 

In the end, though, it was just some "Welcome back to Richmond" posturing by Swearinger, and people are eating it up. So it doesn't particularly matter.

I'm somewhat intrigued by the WR position. I'd say with Davis down, Harris is almost a lock to make the team, if he wasn't already (which is a good move, in my opinion).

I'm worried about the run game minus Guice. And I realize that I'm in the minority here, but I think Samaje Perine is going to have a good year for us. Yes, he fumbled against the Patriots. Yes, he had a fumble problem last year. But fumbles do happen. I'm hoping that isn't a sign of what's to come moving forward with Perine.

He had excellent vision against NE, one hell of a jump cut, and he ran with some damn authority. If he can nip the fumbling problem, I think he, Thompson and Marshall/Bibbs can have a heck of a year in the Skins backfield. I know the general collective on the board is that Perine stinks, but I'm not sure that's the case. Dude played like a man at Oklahoma, and what I saw of Perine in flashes last year and in the preseason game last Thursday looked like Oklahoma Perine to me. I'm optimistic on his improvement. 

I'm not a Rob Kelley fan, personally. I think he's a solid journeyman back for a team that needs one. But I don't think he fits in our logjammed backfield. 

With ya!  

and Perine didn't fumble on any higher level of consistency than most backs in the NFL last year.  

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I noticed that jump step and burst too, I thought he looked a lot different than last year. I also remember Stephen Davis' first year, he was very tentative and looked to be a bust.  I can only hope Perine develops, and learns to hold on to the ball, because I agree Rob is who he is and probably will never be good.

29 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

With ya!  

and Perine didn't fumble on any higher level of consistency than most backs in the NFL last year.  

I'm on the Perine train as well. I still think he needs another year before he's starting material, but I still think he will be good. Just letting the game slow down for him. He's nimble and quick for such a monster back, so if he can put it together as a one cut/jump and go back, he should be serviceable. He's a solid receiver too. 

48 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

When you need to use hyperbolic words like nothing and everything into your statement, it loses it's luster. 

I don't think anyone thinks what you are suggesting. They probably just do a better job of prioritizing the game of football in their daily lives, and therefore, have less panic and despair in their disposition. 

It appears you desperately want to fit in and feel like challenging someone like me will help endear you to a certain demographic here.  It didn't work with @Skinsinparadise. For that alone, I shouldn't even humor your response.  But if you were paying attention, you'd see I was responding to hyperbole with hyperbole.  I also wasn't under the impression that I was making a groundbreaking post that requires luster.  Now is where you're going to reply, say that I'm wrong about you, try to be eloquently snarky, and have a lot of hope deep down that some folks here 'like' your post.  Please save us that and spare the thread from anymore back and forth with me and send me a personal message telling me to F off if you have to.

I don't think those that are happy-go lucky about the team are any better at prioritizing the game of football in their daily lives than those who express negative feelings.  The fact of the matter is everyone that visits this site, positive or negative, probably cares too much about the football team.  Otherwise we wouldn't spend so much time here.

1 hour ago, Sandy Monk said:

When you need to use hyperbolic words like nothing and everything into your statement, it loses it's luster. 

I don't think anyone thinks what you are suggesting. They probably just do a better job of prioritizing the game of football in their daily lives, and therefore, have less panic and despair in their disposition. 

Everyone here should spend an entire season away from ES and experience a year of football the old school way before the interwebs was part of the experience. It's amazing how much your perspective changes and how much easier it is to just enjoy the sport of football.

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It appears you desperately want to fit in and feel like challenging someone like me will help endear you to a certain demographic here. 

You either are a believer in online 'cliques' or you think way too much of yourself. Even I don't think people challenge me just to endear themselves to other ES members lol :ols:...jeebus.

18 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

You either are a believer in online 'cliques' or you think way too much of yourself. Even I don't think people challenge me just to endear themselves to other ES members lol :ols:...jeebus.

SIR my honour has been violated and I hearby challenge you to a duel 

*slap* (with a soggy floppy disc of inter webs dueling ) 

tomorrow at sunrise by Jove ! 

good day to you Sir :) 

13 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I wouldn’t necessarily call it an online clique, as much as it is the same groups of people that hold the same beliefs and make it evident with what they ‘like’ on here and it goes both ways.  

I wasn’t putting myself on a pedestal.  My statement was “someone like me”, being someone that most of the overly positive crew can’t stand. You should be familiar with the feeling of certain folks not being able to stand your takes. Sandy Monk made a post basically calling SIP a fraud a few weeks ago.  It would have been pathetic coming from a long time member much less from a newbie.  

I didn't call him a fraud. I said that from reading so many of his posts, I suspected him to have been disingenuous of his feelings for the QB situation. ( or something to that effect ) I stand by that. 

I just call things like I see em. Whether I have 100k posts, or 10, I'm too old and tired to dance around with my words. The fact that being new or old here reflects posting worth for you is disturbing, and can be another illustration of perspective issues. 

Ready to move on to Training Camp discussion, please and thank you.

16 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

I didn't call him a fraud. I said that from reading so many of his posts, I suspected him to have been disingenuous of his feelings for the QB situation. ( or something to that effect ) I stand by that. 

I just call things like I see em. Whether I have 100k posts, or 10, I'm too old and tired to dance around with my words. The fact that being new or old here reflects posting worth for you is disturbing, and can be another illustration of perspective issues. 

Looks like I am being dragged into this discussion.  For me to be disingenuous about my feelings for the QB situation is saying I am not saying what I really feel.  How the heck would you know my innermost feelings about squat let alone call me out for it.  You are an expert on your own feelings about whatever the heck you think -- I am not an expert on your feelings.  Likewise, I know exactly what I think about whatever -- and being called out for not being honest about what I think is just outright strange. 

When you hit me on it.  I explained my take on the QB situation with bumper sticker simplicity and bluntness to clear up any fogginess you might have about my position.  I'd have left it alone in this thread if you didn't just double down on standing by your take. 

9 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

You didn't say the word 'fraud', that is correct.  I don't believe disingenuous is much better.  Everyone was a new poster at some point so that's not the case at all.  But when you show up and one of your first posts is calling out a tenured, respected poster as disingenuous, that's another story.  It was also foolish because for all the folks that disagree with SIP and his takes, I don't think any of them think he cares enough about what others think to be disingenuous about how he feels on Alex Smith.

This is kind of like folks that are ready to move on from Kirk only to get a few more kicks in before attempting to move on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To actually take it back to camp....

I don't take Jay at his word that he's not worried about the RB group. I don't hold it against him, because I don't expect him to say they stink.  I suspect a heavy dose of run against the Jets in an attempt to see if anyone sticks out in a good way.  If they don't, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else brought in.  Like SIP, I just find it hard to believe that after all the public statements made about improving the running game, they really feel great minus the one improvement they made to their running game.

Whatever you say, Sip. It's not that serious. You think what you think, and feel good in that. I think what I think, and feel fine about that too. 

Everyone happy to move on about now then? 

Glad that this next PS game is being televised on ESPN tomorrow night. Any word on how long the starters will likely play? or who won't suit up? 

With Davis out for the year, who I was really excited to see, I would have loved to have pulled off the trade that the Bills just did... Corey Coleman ****ed about running with the 2s in practice and demanded a trade, so the Browns sent him away for a 2020 7th rounder. What a steal.

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

With Davis out for the year, who I was really excited to see, I would have loved to have pulled off the trade that the Bills just did... Corey Coleman ****ed about running with the 2s in practice and demanded a trade, so the Browns sent him away for a 2020 7th rounder. What a steal.

I was liking Davis too, but mofo MO Harris has me positively buzzing! 

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Still more interesting than the RB talk too. 

Since you seem interested...I have more RB talk for you guys!

(Disclaimer) This is info only and is not an endorsement or in opposition of either player or the Redskins RB situation as it is currently constructed.

Below are the stats (attempts p/game, yards p/game, & yards p/attempt) for Kelley and Perine..when they get 10 or more carries in a game.

Kelley:

16.18 - 65.36 - 4.04

Perine:

18.38 - 63.25 - 3.44

Kelley has 230 carries and 16 rec with 0 fumbles in his career.

Perine has 175 carries and 22 rec with 2 fumbles in his career.

5 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

(Disclaimer) This is info only and is not an endorsement or in opposition of either player or the Redskins RB situation as it is currently constructed.

Below are the stats (attempts p/game, yards p/game, & yards p/attempt) for Kelley and Perine..when they get 10 or more carries in a game.

Kelley:

16.18 - 65.36 - 4.04

Perine:

18.38 - 63.25 - 3.44

Kelley has 230 carries and 16 rec with 0 fumbles in his career.

Perine has 175 carries and 22 rec with 2 fumbles in his career.

80% of Perine's carries were behind an OLine featuring guys we grabbed out of Walmart Friday and started Sunday, though lol...

7 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

****** ** **k**

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

80% of Perine's carries were behind an OLine featuring guys we grabbed out of Walmart Friday and started Sunday, though lol...

Stats don't lie in the vacuum of football 

Archived