Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

10 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I don't mean to rain on fan's enthusiasm but this is virtually the same OL and RBs as we had last year as has been pointed out.  Why would we see dramatic improvement in a very real problem, specifically short yardage, this season?

I agree completely. I'm trying to stay optimistic. That offense is all we really had the past two seasons and we were mediocre. I believe a good jump in defensive production would improve us greatly. That is what I feel I am banking on. Whether or not that becomes true is to be seen. Can't wait to find out. 

23 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

The 2018 season is not over year. In fact, it hasn't even started. We should wait and see if we're better off, about the same, or worse after the season.

Hence why i said AFTER this season ? (IF the injury problem keeps occurring, again, as i stated in my post). You pretty much echoed what i said. So, thanks i guess :P 

18 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Is this news for real that Smith ain’t play tonight?

If so, WTF?

Well J.P. Finlay on the pregame show just said that if Trent Williams plays, Alex will play.  They'll get about ten snaps if they go.

Is big DaRon Payne playing?  God I'm sick of Jay Gruden.  Doesn't he understand that his decisions suck most of the time?

17 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Is this news for real that Smith ain’t play tonight?

If so, WTF?

Looks like Jay doesn't want him taking the hits behind a backup OL in a meaningless game. It would be nice to see, but I think he's probably staying sharp in practices both against the Redskins and NYJ defenses. 

200w.webp

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

For what, the running game?  I'm there with you.  The season? Please.  We still have time to see what Marshall can do or call Adrian Peterson.

The running game scares the hell out of me now.

i don’t know how much we can put on Alex’s shoulders.

And as I type this Rob Kelley continues to show he doesn’t belong on an NFL roster

Archived