Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

15 minutes ago, Llevron said:

That seems like something that would fascinate you (me too tbh)

it is. i don't care about politics at all. i think they are virtually all terrible people, phonies. i can't stand tribalism or partisanship- it is the enemy of reason, imo. i love this quote-

If you want the truth to stand clear before you, never be for or against.
The struggle between 'for' and 'against' is the mind's worst disease
;”
 Jianzhi Sengcan

why people believe what they believe is more interesting than what they believe. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

So other people not being able to corroborate Ford’s story is dismissed as hearsay and bull****? In statements made under penalty of perjury? And everyone else says that people making statements that support Kavanaugh are also bull****. 

Basically, the only way to defend yourself is to provide video evidence you didn’t do what you are accused of doing. Otherwise all potential exculpatory witness statements can be dismissed as hearsay and bull****?

With only testimony as evidence, you are being asked to choose between the multiple people that are unrelated to each other and unrelated to Ford that back up her story and characterization or the handful of drinking buddies and lifelong friends of Kavanaugh that are backing up his story? One definitely seems more credible than the other 

There is a reason we all roll our eyes when someone puts their family members as references for job applications  

https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgetown-professor-says-white-gop-senators-deserve-miserable-deaths-after-kavanaugh-hearing

An anti-Trump professor at Georgetown University is taking heat for a tweet saying white Republican senators who were at Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's hearing Friday should be castrated and endure a miserable death.

Dr. Carol Christine Fair, an associate professor in the Security Studies Program at Georgetown, said white Republican senators, specifically Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-SC, who defended Kavanaugh in a fiery speech, “deserve miserable deaths." Fair went on to say in her Saturday message that the living should “castrate their corpses and feed them to swine."

Nice.

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

With only testimony as evidence, you are being asked to choose between the multiple people that are unrelated to each other and unrelated to Ford that back up her story and characterization or the handful of drinking buddies and lifelong friends of Kavanaugh that are backing up his story? One definitely seems more credible than the other 

There is a reason we all roll our eyes when someone puts their family members as references for job applications  

Not a single version has backed up her story. People have said they believe her, but no one has backed up her story. 

Yes, Kavanaugh has been established to be a drinker in college. But none of these people have said anything under oath/sworn statement/penalty of felony.  It is to the paper. If they were asked to raise their hand, my guess is their story would change a bit. Instead of being 100% positive he was black out drunk, it would be that he was drunk. BIG difference.  Comments to a reporter carry no consequence if wrong. Under oath it’s a different story. 

Dont get get me wrong, he should withdraw, and if he doesn’t he should be voted down. 

• Like 1

Man, I wish Obama had limited the FBI's investigation into Hillary to a week and no questions on emails the same way Trump is limiting this investigation to a week and no questions about youthful alcohol.

I bet Obama is just kicking himself over that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

the other chick.... With no judicial experience and trying to slam her on the Supreme Court 

So you objected to Kagan and think Rehnquist was unqualified?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Not a single version has backed up her story. People have said they believe her, but no one has backed up her story. 

Yes, Kavanaugh has been established to be a drinker in college. But none of these people have said anything under oath/sworn statement/penalty of felony.  It is to the paper. If they were asked to raise their hand, my guess is their story would change a bit. Instead of being 100% positive he was black out drunk, it would be that he was drunk. BIG difference.  Comments to a reporter carry no consequence if wrong. Under oath it’s a different story. 

Dont get get me wrong, he should withdraw, and if he doesn’t he should be voted down. 

The only people other than her that would be likely to remember have a strong motive to lie if it happened. You have a beer with a couple of people 35 years ago and nothing notable happens you're going to use that brain space for more relevant memories. The Yale incident seems like, if it happened, there would likely be corroboration.

Edited by RedskinsFan44

So this may be a total nothingburger but it kind of caught my attention.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/10/01/politics/mark-judge-fbi-interview/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

In a statement on Monday, Mark Judge's lawyer, Barbara Van Gelder, said: "Mr. Judge has been interviewed by the FBI but his interview has not been completed. We request your patience as the FBI completes its investigation."

It could be as simple as FBI saying we may or may not potentially need to speak to you again, but Judge's public denials have been clear, simple, and unequivocal.  So kind of made me go hmmm when his lawyer said that the interview took place but is not completed.

10 minutes ago, bearrock said:

So this may be a total nothingburger but it kind of caught my attention.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/10/01/politics/mark-judge-fbi-interview/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

It could be as simple as FBI saying we may or may not potentially need to speak to you again, but Judge's public denials have been clear, simple, and unequivocal.  So kind of made me go hmmm when his lawyer said that the interview took place but is not completed.

Or maybe he's just got so much **** to say that they couldn't get it all in one sitting?  I hope that's the case, anyway.

2 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Man, I wish Obama had limited the FBI's investigation into Hillary to a week and no questions on emails the same way Trump is limiting this investigation to a week and no questions about youthful alcohol.

I bet Obama is just kicking himself over that.

I cant get over how ridiculously weak the Democrats are.  I cant believe they as re gonna just let this sham one week investigation. 

They need.to raise hell about this.  Squeeze the FBI politically, say this kinda thing bring into question serious reservations about the FBIs background check process, which appears to have failed.to.pick up potentially important information, tell the American people that this a serious lapse that.must be resolved before going forward, and until then demand a temporary one month suspension of all federal background checks pending a senate investigation into the entire.process.  

Go nuclear man, do not let this.come to.vote.at all costs.  If need be, boycott the vote, no democrats showup for the vote in solidarity of women and victims of abuse.  The republicans are.playing for keeps you idiots, this is the checkmate play --  not the Midterm elections, which become almost meaningless if Trump gets the SCOTUS in his pocket cause he will have the ultimate ...wait for it.. TRUMP CARD

• Thanks 1