Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

14 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Because he's already had 6?

You keep saying that you have an open mind... and yet every post argues the door shut, sealed, bolted, deadlocked, and then welded closed. Heck, at one point you yourself said an investigation was warranted. Wouldn't Kavanaugh, facing preposterous and to his mind untrue allegations, want an FBI investigation to clear his good name and his family's name?

Wouldn't you? I sure would. I'd demand that this nonsense be put to rest and the harshest light of truth be shown onto it.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

You keep saying that you have an open mind... and yet every post argues the door shut, sealed, bolted, deadlocked, and then welded closed. Heck, at one point you yourself said an investigation was warranted. Wouldn't Kavanaugh, facing preposterous and to his mind untrue allegations, want an FBI investigation to clear his good name and his family's name?

Wouldn't you? I sure would. I'd demand that this nonsense be put to rest and the harshest light of truth be shown onto it.

Exactly, Burgold! In the words of Republicans to Democrats, if you don't have anything to hide, what's the problem with an investigation?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

certainly one of the 6 background checks would have uncovered something about 10+ gang rape parties he lead though right?

I still am to this day surprised what my background checks ended up being focused on when I was getting a clearance. 

I am also surprised Kavanaugh, with his shady finances, ever did pass background checks prior to this. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

I still am to this day surprised what my background checks ended up being focused on when I was getting a clearance. 

I am also surprised Kavanaugh, with his shady finances, ever did pass background checks prior to this. 

Exactly - I was working on the Navy Yard back in 2013 when the shooting happened and I was shocked at how little they did when the level of my security clearance was increased last year. I was sure the process would be more intensive after that but doesn't seem to be the case. For example, they never even spoke with my wife.

Edited by Heisenberg
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I would too.  I would also go to the police even 30 years later if I had witnessed 10+ gang rapes including one of myself.

17 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Good thread on the culture Kavanaugh grew up in.

Overly sheltered, entitled people living in unnatural bubbles of life, built upon wealth accumulated by others are some of the most monstrous human beings you can ever come across.

There is a natural process to life and growth, that if you stray from, shortcut, and leverage too much it voids your humanity.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

We need a constitutional amendment barring people older than 70 from holding public office. 

Nah.  There are a number of good lawmakers over 70.

The problem is competence, mentally.  They need thorough competency evals and I don't think that should be limited to those over 70.

• Like 2