Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

Someday, hopefully, we will look back at our nation and say "wow, America almost tore itself apart then. Glad it didn't" just like my friend did who lived through the Civil Rights era and Vietnam. I can hope.

2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

this **** ain't good for my depression

Reading this thread may send you through the 4 stages of grief prematurely.

4 hours ago, Zguy28 said:

Then explain what you mean. Because otherwise your quoting and responding to my anecdote is a non sequitur.

What made your comment utter BS was that you first referenced people believing in conspiracy non-sense (political hit job) which is what my comment was about. Then you turned it into disagreeing with someone on any issue. 

Edited by Hersh

I am more upset on the macro level.   The Kavanaugh nomination is just a microcosm for what politics has become in 2018.  It's not about the will of the people, it's about the minority figuring out ways to rig the system so that the voices of the fewer are put into positions to make laws that govern the majority.

I think the way the gov't was constructed initially made sense. They wanted to protect the minority voices, and for good reason, however that has been warped into so much more now to where you have laws and legislation being passed against the will of the majority.  You have more votes going to opponents of the people being elected to office and it doesn't matter one iota. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I am more upset on the macro level.   The Kavanaugh nomination is just a microcosm for what politics has become in 2018.  It's not about the will of the people, it's about the minority figuring out ways to rig the system so that the voices of the fewer are put into positions to make laws that govern the majority.

I think the way the gov't was constructed initially made sense. They wanted to protect the minority voices, and for good reason, however that has been warped into so much more now to where you have laws and legislation being passed against the will of the majority.  You have more votes going to opponents of the people being elected to office and it doesn't matter one iota. 

I hope I'm wrong on this, but I think there is going to be some major civil unrest within the next 5-10 years if the country continues down this path. I'm not sure how it's going to play out but there will be pushback. 

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I hope I'm wrong on this, but I think there is going to be some major civil unrest within the next 5-10 years if the country continues down this path. I'm not sure how it's going to play out but there will be pushback. 

I wouldn't doubt it, however civil unrest is a disservice unless it goes across party lines.  If it is just liberals/democrats out there protesting and marching it will be very easy for right-wing media to do what they do.

After the economy crashed under Bush and middle America was thrashed, I really thought "Ok finally, these people might finally get it" however all it took was a black man to get elected President for them to suddenly develop temporary amnesia over what put them out of their house onto the street in the first place.   

The 2007 recession should have been a turning point for this country.  Not saying everyone should have magically turned into a liberal, but at least woke up a little bit about conservative/libertarian/GOP fiscal policy as royally screwed them continually.  Instead they got hooked right back into Fox News and the like, and 100% bought into the re-writing of history. (It was the fault of  "the takers")

• Like 1

Honestly all you need to understand about our current government is that Donald Trump is clearly guilty if tax fraud and not a single ducking peep is being made about it from the GOP. There is proof the sitting president of the United states is guilty of a federal crime and his side of the isle wint even bother to PRETEND to care. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hersh said:

What made your comment utter BS was that you first referenced people believing in conspiracy non-sense (political hit job) which is what my comment was about. Then you turned it into disagreeing with someone on any issue. 

You don't think almost half of the electorate, that elected Trump, believes that this is a political hatchet job? I was amazed until I kept hearing more and more conservative friends saying it. This "conspiracy non-sense" is a fundamental point of disagreement between "their side" and yours and widely believed across GOP voters. So, while I get you may not have intended to call a majority of political opponents mentally ill, in reality, you have, because their views that you find crazy are widely believed. GOP voters are not mentally disturbed generally, they are deluded and misled by people who are very influential and master persuaders, the king of which is the President.

Kavanaugh's claim that he will be an impartial judge just made me laugh. He wasn't chosen to be an impartial judge. He wasn't chosen to be a fair judge. He was selected to be a partisan hack. McConnell pretty much announced his legacy is to create a "conservative court" By definition, whether you think that's a good thing or a bad thing, that means it ain't impartial. It tilts.

I hate obvious lies that imply the listener must be stupid to believe them.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Zguy28 said:

You don't think almost half of the electorate, that elected Trump, believes that this is a political hatchet job? I was amazed until I kept hearing more and more conservative friends saying it. This "conspiracy non-sense" is a fundamental point of disagreement between "their side" and yours and widely believed across GOP voters. So, while I get you may not have intended to call a majority of political opponents mentally ill, in reality, you have, because their views that you find crazy are widely believed. GOP voters are not mentally disturbed generally, they are deluded and misled by people who are very influential and master persuaders, the king of which is the President.

I was going to say more cause this is another bs statement from you but here is the most import part:  mental heath and mental illness are not the same and are not interchangeable. You did that in this in your latest comment. 

When Trump won, the left had a lot of mental health issues following Election Day. Does that make you feel better and will you now stop your bs accusations?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I was going to say more cause this is another bs statement from you but here is the most import part:  mental heath and mental illness are not the same and are not interchangeable. You did that in this in your latest comment. 

When Trump won, the left had a lot of mental health issues following Election Day. Does that make you feel better and will you now stop your bs accusations?

I second this. Trump's Presidency has been bad for my mental health. He has, at times, also may made me ill. Does that mean he's made me mentally ill?

I ain't sure.

Edited by Burgold