Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

They kicked those people out of the party

Actually I think they're still there, but they were unmasked. They were never decent people who simply had a different view; they were always craven amoral opportunists but they maintained a veneer of the "agreeable opponents" who had intellectual and moral compasses.

It just took Donald Trump to force them to drop their carapace and show their true selves.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

no, but the Dems accused them of every vile act anyway.....some Dems even subverted the election process to keep them from power .

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, twa said:

they made a choice, might not have been the one you support though.

But they didn’t make a choice.  They abstained from making a choice.  They didn’t even let it get to a point where republicans could come out of the woodwork to assasinate Garland’s character.

I realize that I’m talking circles with you.  Just know that I think congressional republicans are wrong, and democrats are much, much less wrong.  Know that I realize that you believe he opposite and have a nice ****ing day.  ?

10 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I think the way our primary system is currently set up did a great job of that.

The primary system is one thing that reeeeeeeally screws everyone over.  Like every, single one.  It’s how you get the Corey Stewarts and Donald Trumps.

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The primary system is one thing that reeeeeeeally screws everyone over.  Like every, single one.  It’s how you get the Corey Stewarts and Donald Trum

Don't put that on Republicans. Dems made them vote for the Corey Stewarts of the world.

25 minutes ago, twa said:

no, but the Dems accused them of every vile act anyway.....some Dems even subverted the election process to keep them from power .

Calling someone out for doing, saying, or supporting something (or, ahem, someone) vile is not the same as accusing them of something vile. As I said those seemingly "decent human beings who simply had a different opinion" Republicans were forced by Trump to drop their bull**** act and show themselves. They never were what they pretended to be and they've shown it now by supporting Trump and his racist, sexist, xenophobic agenda. Party before country, party before decency, party before everything. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Don't put that on Republicans. Dems made them vote for the Corey Stewarts of the world.

I don’t agree.  Now that primaries are (as I perceive) more publicly followed, you get into these huge pissing matches of whose balls are bigger.

Since it’s one republican vs another, the attack ads against the center leaning republicans read more as an attack ad against a democrat.  They accuse their own kind of being to soft on crime or taxing too high or pro abortion or whatever.  Then, the plebs end up voting for someone who is waaaaay right on the spectrum like Stewart or Trump because their base is dumb and they don’t want to seem like they support democrats.

And what we are left with is a Republican Party that only runs far right candidates because they’re eating their own.

Its disgusting.

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

We should demand more from our Supreme Court Justices.  Namely that they are impartial and unbiased at least.

Now, if I can avoid being accused of bothsiderism, I will confess that I have long believed that the job requirements to sit on the Supreme Court is that a person must have graduated Harvard or Yale, served many years on the bench, spent at least a few decades attending political events at which only members of one political party are invited, in which the candidate has loudly professed his complete loyalty to said Party's agenda, has been careful to never have said so outside of single-party political gatherings (not even in High School), and be willing to claim to be completely unbiased with a straight face, long enough to get the job.  

3 hours ago, killerbee99 said:

The whole thing is surreal...claiming a conspiracy due to the Clintons...…but makes the freaking supreme court....wow...and people high five this partisan asshole as being fair and impartial.....I believe in God but somedays I wonder why ****ty things like this happen...

Leo knows...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOF44 said:

Pretty good ad for get out the vote 

No, it's a pretty dumb ad. This kid I mentored since he was in 4th grade (23 now) sent that to me the other day and said, "old people are evil". Coercing people to your side with hate and fear is always garbage, no matter who does it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Thanks again to all the super-woke Bernie Bros and libertarians!

36 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

And white women.

25 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

This is pretty much the entire Democratic party so we have some problems 

Edit: Not a problem. A responsibility. We ain't gonna do **** by further dividing ourselves. That's really Republican ****. That's how they beat us. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 10