Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: NY AG sues Trump family over “persistent illegal conduct” at Trump Foundation

No Excuses

53 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Trump claims Micheal Cohen's testimony means they won the trial and the judge should end it. Will someone tell this moron that he already lost the trial, this is strictly for damages.  

Trump claimed the Presidential Records Act says he can do whatever he wants with the documents he had. It took like half a year or more for someone to tell that moron that it says the exact opposite, and constantly telling people about the PRA only leads people to the law that proves he's guilty.

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Trump claims Micheal Cohen's testimony means they won the trial and the judge should end it. Will someone tell this moron that he already lost the trial, this is strictly for damages.  

so. I’ve watched this type of comment happen a lot. That’s not what I see. 

what I see is him taking his camera time put out there what he wants his cult to believe

”trump won that case! Nothing came of it!”

and for the very stupid but not as stupid:

“Trump won his case and they still punished him! That’s how sad and corrupt our government and legal system is!”

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

^That is exactly right.
Trump is deranged and he's an idiot, but he's also standing right at the top of the wave when it comes to setting a narrative for his followers. 
They literally will believe everything he says, no matter how stupid, easily disproven, or incoherent it actually is.
Full on Cult of Personality and NO sign that ANY of this has gotten through to them. 

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 4

@tshile @Bang

It's even a bit beyond that...there are a large number of still braindead and still vile magas who actually aren't quite so stupid as to believe everything he says but they love how embracing and parroting what he says drives the libs crazy and serves their overall purpose inc. the total hate they have for the deep state and fed gov in general.

The "totally blind" and "totally crazy" piece isn't always real in all of them but acting like it is, even down to the bone.

It suits them as well as if they were actually among the ones that do have that low a level of intellect, sanity, and decency that they really do believe everything he says.

But certainly the cultism includes forms of "mass insanity" typically found in such situations and many millions of them do "believe it all" too.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

The "totally blind" and "totally crazy" piece isn't always real in all of them but acting like it is, even down to the bone.

I haven’t said this here because I didn’t want to invite an argument I didn’t care to have 

but I’ve always suspected this is sizable (10? 20? 40%? No idea…) portion of the “republicans that think the election was stolen” polls we see where the result is like 70-80% of them feel that way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tshile said:

I haven’t said this here because I didn’t want to invite an argument I didn’t care to have 

but I’ve always suspected this is sizable (10? 20? 40%? No idea…) portion of the “republicans that think the election was stolen” polls we see where the result is like 70-80% of them feel that way. 

A recent semi credible poll (about as far as such a claim can ever be made about any poll) did indeed put the figure at 70%.

Another human trait all too common is a drive to believe something you know really isn't so but you want to be in the resulting state of mind/emotion so deeply that you "live" that false belief and "bury" the awareness of what you're doing deep in your consciousness.

Now how many of those folks in this example are doing that is impossible to accurately reduce but it also doesn't matter much.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, tshile said:

what I see is him taking his camera time put out there what he wants his cult to believe

“Trump won his case and they still punished him! That’s how sad and corrupt our government and legal system is!”

We've seen it before.  

Remember "No collusion!"  

Number one, there was collusion.  The top three people in the Trump campaign, actually did clear time on their schedules, so that they could have a meeting where the purpose of the meeting was to discuss how Russia could help their campaign, with a person representing the Russian government.  

And number two, it doesn't matter whether there was collusion or not.  The crime is for a political candidate or campaign to accept anything of value, from any foreign entity.  

But, they yelled "No collusion!" over and over again, for six months.  

Which is why a large chunk of Trump's voters believe that it's been proven that there was no crime committed at all.  

24 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Another human trait all too common is a drive to believe something you know really isn't so but you want to be in the resulting state of mind/emotion so deeply that you "live" that false belief and "bury" the awareness of what you're doing deep in your consciousness.

I think Mark Twain stated that "Faith is believing something you know ain't true".  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

@Larry

I can’t recall the actual layout and wording. People more clever than I put it together. Bust recall, during his presidency, when someone outlines his tactics so beautifully it became a copy/pasted response to what was seemingly a new scandal every other day 

the phases of trumps response to a scandal

1- I don’t do it

2- ok I did but it wasn’t like that

2- ok it was but it wasn’t illegal

3- ok it was but you don’t really have proof

4- ok you do but I don’t care and you can’t do anything about it and it doesn’t even matter anymore because it took so long to get to this step there’s 50 other scandals since then and you can’t even keep them straight anymore 

I know people hate trump here and loathe discussing him or “giving credit” to anything does…

but if you actually do a deep dive on his manipulation tactics its incredibly interesting. Among the things he’s very effective at is getting ahead of a story and setting a narrative. You’ll also notice the republicans have increased their use of the tactics. 

that’s why trump often breaks his own scandals to the public in some form of “corrupt whoever is about to come after me with false allegations of whatever” 

surely one can think back on tweets about any given subject and recall such a thing happening. 

and I always contended, and still do, and from the moment it broke, that the leaking of the SCOTUS draft of the overturning of RvW suspiciously reeks of that tactic and that it was likely republicans leaked it for the sole point of spreading out and snuffing out the actual outrage when the ruling became official. 

they created months of outrage that was tamped down by the fact it wasn’t real yet, to let people burn out on it and accept it before becoming real. Imagine how much more the outrage would be magnified if all of our exposure to it started only when it became real and official? I think it would have been 10+ times the outrage but that’s just my opinion. 

Edited by tshile

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

@Larry

I can’t recall the actual layout and wording. People more clever than I put it together. Bust recall, during his presidency, when someone outlines his tactics so beautifully it became a copy/pasted response to what was seemingly a new scandal every other day 

1- I don’t do it

4- ok you do but I don’t care and you can’t do anything about it and it doesn’t even matter anymore because it took so long to get to this step there’s 50 other scandals since then and you can’t even keep them straight anymore

Actually, I recall that early in the scandal parade, the first reaction was "Who snitched?  We demand that you tell us who snitched!"

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, tshile said:

@Larry

1- I don’t do it

I know people hate trump here and loathe discussing him or “giving credit” to anything does…

but if you actually do a deep dive on his manipulation tactics its incredibly interesting. Among the things he’s very effective at is getting ahead of a story and setting a narrative. You’ll also notice the republicans have increased their use of the tactics. 

that’s why trump often breaks his own scandals to the public in some form of “corrupt whoever is about to come after me with false allegations of whatever” 

surely one can think back on tweets about any given subject and recall such a thing happening. 

and I always contended, and still do, and from the moment it broke, that the leaking of the SCOTUS draft of the overturning of RvW suspiciously reeks of that tactic and that it was likely republicans leaked it for the sole point of spreading out and snuffing out the actual outrage when the ruling became official. 

they created months of outrage that was tamped down by the fact it wasn’t real yet, to let people burn out on it and accept it before becoming real. Imagine how much more the outrage would be magnified if all of our exposure to it started only when it became real and official? I think it would have been 10+ times the outrage but that’s just my opinion. 

I have the list saved somewhere. But here’s the start:

1. Deny: that didn’t happen at all/ever.

- I never knew the man/woman.

2. It was done but it was misinterpreted. You don’t understand.

- It was the perfect phone call.

3. Whataboutism: You’ve done something similar, therefore it’s justifiable.

4. You can’t prove it.

5. Ok, so you’ve proved it. It was exactly as you said all along. I don’t like you and so never will. So unless you stop me it’s safe to say I’m/we’re going to do it again until you are destroyed once and for all.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Larry said:

I wanted to be Spock. 

I wanted to be Bugs Bunny lol...yes, even into my teens.

-Nothing phased him

-Always had great, humorous comebacks

-Was always a quick thinker, got himself out of one problem after another using his wits

-When he did get pissed off, his "Of course you know this means war" mantra meant the "find out" part of the cartoon was about to start

I wanted to be all of that lol...(not the cross-dressing part, though)

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
Bugs bunny also never had to edit his posts, dammit...
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

@tshile @Bang

It's even a bit beyond that...there are a large number of still braindead and still vile magas who actually aren't quite so stupid as to believe everything he says but they love how embracing and parroting what he says drives the libs crazy and serves their overall purpose inc. the total hate they have for the deep state and fed gov in general.

It suits them as well as if they were actually among the ones that do have that low a level of intellect, sanity, and decency that they really do believe everything he says.

But certainly the cultism includes forms of "mass insanity" typically found in such situations and many millions of them do "believe it all" too.

This is true. The true Nazi.

~Bang

3 hours ago, tshile said:

You could be right.  Instead of one moron there are 70 million morons.

• Thumb up 1