Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

3 minutes ago, capcrunch98 said:

Caps to visit the White House on Monday.  Good for them.  Regardless of how you feel about Trump, the Caps are champions and they deserve the chance to visit and meet the president.

They deserve more than meeting that POS

5 minutes ago, capcrunch98 said:

Caps to visit the White House on Monday.  Good for them.  Regardless of how you feel about Trump, the Caps are champions and they deserve the chance to visit and meet the president.

"Confirmed: Russians are in the White house" - CNN, probably 

26 minutes ago, capcrunch98 said:

Wonder if it’ll be Big Macs or Whoppers

On 3/18/2019 at 6:24 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m curious about something. How confident are you guys that we can win another Stanley cup this year? I’d like to see it happen and i hope the caps win back to back cups. Are the caps a much better team than last year’s Stanley cup team, or just about the same?

Pittsburgh is decidely worse this year, which helps, but Tampa looks slightly better. Islanders under Trotz could cause trouble in the early rounds. Caps I think are roughly the same, but they go into the playoffs with the confidence of a team that has won a Cup (a confidence they have NEVER had prior to last year). So basically the same as last year --

a strong dark horse. 

3 hours ago, Hersh said:

They deserve more than meeting that POS

I agree. I don't begrudge them choosing to go though. OTOH, it would make me smile if Ovi at the press conference said, "You boss Vladimir says "hello," President Trump and celebrates this victory with you."

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I agree. I don't begrudge them choosing to go though. OTOH, it would make me smile if Ovi at the press conference said, "You boss Vladimir says "hello," President Trump and celebrates this victory with you."

Trump could have made an effort to attend a Capitals game before this visit 

2 minutes ago, c slag said:

Trump could have made an effort to attend a Capitals game before this visit 

I don't want to turn the Caps thread political, but Trump didn't go for the same reason he refuses to throw out the first pitch at the start of the MLB season. He's afraid of an audience he can't carefully orchestrate and control. Both his image and his ego are too fragile to handle the idea that he might be booed.

Just now, Springfield said:

This game is happening exactly like it should.  Keep it up men.

They were just waiting for me to turn on the game. I had it on for about 5 seconds before Kuzy scored. Islanders down 3 to Boston and Pitt/Carolina tied at 1

last year was the first that the caps did the watch parties late in the playoffs right? If the caps make it into the playoffs this season, do you think they’ll have watch parties in the 1st round since the watch parties were so successful last year? Or would they wait until they make it to the 3rd round so it’ll be even bigger?

18 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

last year was the first that the caps did the watch parties late in the playoffs right? If the caps make it into the playoffs this season, do you think they’ll have watch parties in the 1st round since the watch parties were so successful last year? Or would they wait until they make it to the 3rd round so it’ll be even bigger?

Last year was the first time that the Caps MADE it late into the playoffs in 20 years.

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

Last year was the first time that the Caps MADE it late into the playoffs in 20 years.

That’s true, and now that they have won the Stanley Cup, do you think it would be enough to get the team to have watch parties during the first round? Or would they likely just wait and see how far they advance again?

I only got to attend the first one (game 7 @ Tampa) cause i was out of the country for almost the whole series against Vegas, so I’m really hoping the caps have watch parties again. Cause that would be really cool to go to a few this year 

Archived