Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

12 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

last year was the first that the caps did the watch parties late in the playoffs right? If the caps make it into the playoffs this season, do you think they’ll have watch parties in the 1st round since the watch parties were so successful last year? Or would they wait until they make it to the 3rd round so it’ll be even bigger?

Good question.  I think it depends on who they play.  It was a success last year because by Game 7 of the conference finals, the whole region was behind them.  I'm not sure if a first round series against Carolina or Columbus would be enough to draw the many "casual" fans who jumped on the bandwagon last year.  Maybe?

I remember going to watch parties 20 years ago inside the Budweiser Brewhouse.  It was called the F Street Bar at the time, and the arena was called the MCI Center, and about 20 people showed up to watch the Caps get beat by the Pens in 2000 and 2001.  Obviously times have changed.

12 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I saw this game at the bar, I asked my friend if the Devils were any good and he said no. Thats a good thing, a good team is supposed to destroy a bad team, take notes, Redskins.

The problem with your scenario, is that the Redskins are the Devils in it.

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Tampa is over passing, fortunately. 

That was a weak penalty call on Wilson. 

Weak? Complete crap. Kuzy gets tripped in a high danger area with the puck on his stick, and there was no call. Tampa is going out of their way to hit after the puck is gone, no calls. And you call THAT?

Remember when the Caps has the best PP in the game, at like 23%, and everyone said the refs tend to not call as many penalties on the other team because they don’t want to be seen as affecting the outcome of the game? Well, that doesn’t apply to ANY other team. When Pitt has the best PP, they literally set a leagu record for PP in a season. Tampa has the best this year, and they get voluminous opportunities. 

16 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Weak? Complete crap. Kuzy gets tripped in a high danger area with the puck on his stick, and there was no call. Tampa is going out of their way to hit after the puck is gone, no calls. And you call THAT?

Remember when the Caps has the best PP in the game, at like 23%, and everyone said the refs tend to not call as many penalties on the other team because they don’t want to be seen as affecting the outcome of the game? Well, that doesn’t apply to ANY other team. When Pitt has the best PP, they literally set a leagu record for PP in a season. Tampa has the best this year, and they get voluminous opportunities. 

You were saying? Lmao

Christ almighty, McDonough LITERALLY had both arms wrapped around Ovie and threw him down after the whistle. After those weak ass calls, no arm goes up. And Wilson wants to go with 81. He’s the dude who dropped his gloves after the refs grabbed him on Saturday night, and Tom mocked him by waving his gloves. 

Are these announcers suggesting the guy whose stick was slapped, via stick, out of their hand, was responsible for that and should have help their stick harder?

Do these announcers also blame women for getting assaulted?

Dat Ovi fake out.  So dangerous.  Much spooked.

All that work to tie it up, and IMMEDIATELY another penalty is called. If you swing your stick into a guys shin pads, him knocking your stick away should NOT be a slash.

CLEAR THE ****ING PUCK

Quit trying to stick hands out of the zone. Clear it immediately. 

Tampa is a fake ass tough team. Won’t pull that **** with 44 or 43 on the ice, but want to rough up 13 and 6

6 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Wow that goal was unreal.

If 2 one times it down the ice, it never happens. Instead, he tries to skate it out. 

15 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

If 2 one times it down the ice, it never happens. Instead, he tries to skate it out. 

Yeah, that was the killer on that play. He has the puck and tries to hold instead of just whacking it out of the zone. You have to know your surroundings and know you can't control the puck there and just get it out of the zone. 

Archived