Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

1 hour ago, Mournblade said:

yeah but 1st round matchups do. Don't want to see the Pens in the first, thanks.

So far as the schedule goes, I think we've been through the worst of the turbulence: Tampa only once more, desperate Carolina

twice, desperate Philly once. We got this. 

Hoping Carolina doesn't end up as the 1st WC, they give the Caps fits (watch the home and home next week). 

48 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Hoping Carolina doesn't end up as the 1st WC, they give the Caps fits (watch the home and home next week). 

Carolina ,Tampa Bay and even Florida always seem to play the Capitals tough I believe it goes back to the old Southeast Division rivalries 

14 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

4 out of the last 6 have been losses. Great.....yeahhh, i dont see a repeat happening this year. 

Dude, 2 losses against the Lightning (2 ENG in Tampa and in OT in DC), a loss in Pitt, and a loss to a desperate team that is fighting for a WC spot.  It’s not like we are losing to the dregs of the league. 

15 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

4 out of the last 6 have been losses. Great.....yeahhh, i dont see a repeat happening this year. 

Dude, come on. These guys were basically an OT goal away from losing in the 1st round last year. As someone who devotes the time and money to going to almost every game, I hate to say this, but what happens in these games doesn't really mean crap once the playoffs start in 2 weeks.

11 hours ago, capcrunch98 said:

These guys were basically an OT goal away from losing in the 1st round last year.

That game 3 first round overtime goal turned out to be the biggest goal of the whole playoff run last season I think 

Has anyone else seen the Hurricanes post-win game celebrations at home? I thought it was kind cool and different at first but now it’s just really lame to me. Does anyone else feel the same or am I just a hater?

1 hour ago, max21 said:

Has anyone else seen the Hurricanes post-win game celebrations at home? I thought it was kind cool and different at first but now it’s just really lame to me. Does anyone else feel the same or am I just a hater?

You're a hater.  It doesn't hurt anyone and it makes hockey dinosaurs/purists mad, so it's a win-win. 

Sport needs more exposure (in a good way,) this is a start.  Think about some of the reasons why no one outside of those who follow the league have any clue that a generational talent (McDavid) plays in Edmonton. 

I'm glad to see the storm surge, marchand doing the billionaire walk after a goal, Tkachuk flossing, etc.  These guys have GREAT personalities, but for whatever the reason, hockey has traditionally shunned individualism.  Shoot, even our own guy, Ovechkin, is cut from that same cloth.  Hope things like this keep going. 

17 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

You're a hater.  It doesn't hurt anyone and it makes hockey dinosaurs/purists mad, so it's a win-win. 

Sport needs more exposure (in a good way,) this is a start.  Think about some of the reasons why no one outside of those who follow the league have any clue that a generational talent (McDavid) plays in Edmonton. 

I'm glad to see the storm surge, marchand doing the billionaire walk after a goal, Tkachuk flossing, etc.  These guys have GREAT personalities, but for whatever the reason, hockey has traditionally shunned individualism.  Shoot, even our own guy, Ovechkin, is cut from that same cloth.  Hope things like this keep going. 

It seems kinda corny but it would probably be cool if I was a Carolina fan and was at the game.  It isn't hurting anyone.

A Russian laying his stick on the ice and trying to cool it off because it's too hot after his 500th goal or whatever... THAT'S a bridge to far... 😑

22 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Sport needs more exposure

I disagree.  I like it being a more low-key sport.  Cuts down on the fakers and bandwagoners.  If someone says they are a hockey fan, there is a good chance they can have a discussion on it.  Unlike half the football fans that claim a team but can't tell you the coaches name.

Archived