vs CAR 

@ CAR 

@ TBL 

@FL 

vs MON 

vs NYI

9-3-1 so far...

6 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Picked this up for the sports cave this afternoon. 16x20. Now I need to find a cheap frame and matting. Museum glass is gonna be the problem...

EDBBB390-C358-4E71-B8D4-3537FD3F78D5.jpeg

My wife got me these last year for Father's Day and said they were $75 each, picture + framing.  She got em from some client at her job in Shady Grove.   I could probably get the info if you are interested.  I'm guessing the pictures on mine are very close to your size too.

rQiKMFD.jpg

9 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

How many 50-goal seasons do you guys think ovi has left in him? Would love for him to AT LEAST tie with Gretzky and the other guy for 9 seasons of 50 goals. But getting 10 would be fantastic :) 

I think he needs 5 more years of atleast 40 goals a season, I think it just depends on what he wants to do. He is an absolute legend and the greatest goal scorer of all time undoubtably. It’s been great to watch him all these years, it won’t be the same when he hangs it up.                

7 hours ago, Springfield said:

So I didn’t get to watch the game.  I heard Willie ended someone, did he?  Also, we’re the Bolts even trying or what?

Wilson was getting swinged at really hard and the other guy still had his helmet on but Wilson didn't. Wilson just needed one good punch and he decked him really heard under his helmet and the guy goes down clinching his face. :)

I thought TB had nothing to play for (when I saw the score being 3-0 us)  but they were very aggressive. They had to resort to starting fights to get a PP... lol But we all know that didn't matter. :D

7 hours ago, Springfield said:

So I didn’t get to watch the game.  I heard Willie ended someone, did he?  Also, we’re the Bolts even trying or what?

It was an awesome game, the Capitals dominated the 5v5 and the defensive play was great. Djoos looked solid and hopefully will ease the pain of Kempny being out. The new big bad “enforcer” Erik cernak who bolts fans claim could take Wilson was looking for Tom all night and they finally dropped em. It was a pretty good fight but granted Cernak is a rookie and was just raining haymakers but not really connecting. Wilson being the more seasoned fighter layed low and connected with a huge right and dropped him and immediatly went to the dressing room. Ovechkin also dropped Coburn I think while he scored 50 

Whether the Bolts were trying or not at the outset, they certainly were once the fights started.  That kind of stuff gets the blood flowing.

An ECF between us would be a magical thing and the NHL should get over its Penguin lovefest and give the people what they need.

2 hours ago, max21 said:

I think he needs 5 more years of atleast 40 goals a season, I think it just depends on what he wants to do. He is an absolute legend and the greatest goal scorer of all time undoubtably. It’s been great to watch him all these years, it won’t be the same when he hangs it up.                

Sometimes I wonder what his numbers would be if he played in the 80’s. I mean Gretzky and Bossy are legends but watching replays it just looks like they had so much more room to shoot. Pads were smaller. Goalies played with a different style. Ovi very well could have 1000 goals. 

3 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Sometimes I wonder what his numbers would be if he played in the 80’s. I mean Gretzky and Bossy are legends but watching replays it just looks like they had so much more room to shoot. Pads were smaller. Goalies played with a different style. Ovi very well could have 1000 goals. 

The difference is goaltending for sure, the equipment has evolved and I don’t think the butterfly style of goaltending was introduced until the mid 90s. Goalies now are much better with all the specialized training and positional coaches, they are much more disciplined. Goaltending in the NHL has changed probably the most for a position in all of sports.

Archived