Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Everything I wanted to see happen tonight, happened (except for the Caps losing but it was a meaningless game).  I know Columbus was a joke for a while after all their deadline pickups yielded nothing, but they've come around and they're a dangerous team from Bobrovsky on out.  We dodged a bullet not having to play them in the 1st round, and I could really see them causing Tampa problems.  Isles and Pens can beat up on each other, and Trotz beat Pittsburgh last year so I could see them pulling it out, especially with home ice.

As for the Caps, there's absolutely no reason they shouldn't beat Carolina in 6 games or less.  I haven't felt this confident going into a series since we played a sorry Rangers team (led by Sean Avery!) in the 1st round in 2011.  If we manage to lose this series, this would be the biggest choke job in Caps history (and I was there for the Montreal collapse in 2010, the Tampa sweep in 2011, all the 3-1 meltdowns vs. Pittsburgh, and the Flyers letdown in 1989).  We've got this.  

I do not like how pretty much everyone (even Carlin and May) are talking about who the Capitals are going to face in the second round.  I just hate that mentality as though the first round is a gimmie.  I hope the Capitals aren't thinking this way at all.  They need to beat a team 4 times before they can even think about the second round.

Just now, Springfield said:

I don't think the Canes will be an easy out at all.

Granted, I would rather face the Canes than the BJ's or the Pens... but still, it's the playoffs.

Of course no individual game is easy per se, but at least the Caps have shown they can consistently/repetitively beat these chumps.

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Thursday’s game is on USA at 7:30. Wish we didn’t have to wait until Thursday. But I’m excited!! 

Should also be aired on NBC Sports Washington or CSN or whatever for us local folks too, I believe.  In fact, I would assume that USA is blacked out for local folks.

Can somebody double check that for me?

Just now, Springfield said:

Should also be aired on NBC Sports Washington or CSN or whatever for us local folks too, I believe.  In fact, I would assume that USA is blacked out for local folks.

Can somebody double check that for me?

the blackout should still exist for playoff games at least round 1

1 minute ago, ixcuincle said:

the blackout should still exist for playoff games at least round 1

Cool, that’s what I thought.  All 2nd round games (assuming we even make it that far) would be national.  That’s when we lose Craig and Joe B. Booooooo!

Archived