Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

Except I didn't say psyched. 

I said cised.

You fixed nothing you just said the wrong word.

Except that cised isn't a word.  Urban dictionary defines it as "stoked"  which is a synonym of psyched.

LOL just stop while you're not too far behind. 

First you say it's not a word because you didn't know what I was talking about and thought I meant psyched.  

Now it's a slang word that the Junkies made up.

The Junkies did not make that word up. 

Just because that is the first place you ever heard it doesn't mean they made it up.

4 minutes ago, purbeast said:

LOL just stop while you're not too far behind. 

First you say it's not a word because you didn't know what I was talking about and thought I meant psyched.  

Now it's a slang word that the Junkies made up.

The Junkies did not make that word up. 

Just because that is the first place you ever heard it doesn't mean they made it up.

It does mean psyched.  That's the etymology of this slang term.  That you're too dense to realize that is your problem.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I will say that now that we've won a Cup, the playoffs don't have that same level of angst to them they used to, which KINDA takes SOME of the fun away. Don't get me wrong, I'm still hyped, but it's a different kind of hype.

I'm totally relaxed about the playoffs. No worries, whatever happens, happens. We have a Cup, I'm good. I mean, I want them to win it all but I feel no anxiety about the team that came with all the failures. 

Anyone seen these hats locally anywhere?  I wanna get one but online they all say they will ship no later than May 1st.  I'd like to get one prior to the game Saturday if possible.  I'm thinking maybe they will have them at the arena though so if I can't find one prior I'll go down there hatless and check the store prior.

sPXTfyf.jpg[/img]

11 hours ago, Hersh said:

I'm totally relaxed about the playoffs. No worries, whatever happens, happens. We have a Cup, I'm good. I mean, I want them to win it all but I feel no anxiety about the team that came with all the failures. 

We all want that 2nd Cup because we know how good this Caps team is. But we aren't playing in a vacuum: Pittsburgh and Tampa are very good also. 

1 hour ago, Mournblade said:

We all want that 2nd Cup because we know how good this Caps team is. But we aren't playing in a vacuum: Pittsburgh and Tampa are very good also. 

After all the years of heartache, we're certainly due a few more Cups.

16 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Do you all do an ES tailgate for Caps playoff games?

no

17 hours ago, SkinsFanRob said:

The seats aren’t the problem. It’s people who don’t know how to stay seated until intermission. Some people get up and down non stop and it makes it hard to see play. 

i had to deal with this all season and it's acceptable then but  if yall standing up during a playoff game in the middle of game action yall getting yelled at 😡

40 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

no

i had to deal with this all season and it's acceptable then but  if yall standing up during a playoff game in the middle of game action yall getting yelled at 😡

The problem is with Capital one being in DC a lot of people just go to watch the game because it’s close and it’s something to do. For an avid fan like me I come to WATCH the game not get up and down the whole time. 

5 hours ago, purbeast said:

Anyone seen these hats locally anywhere?  I wanna get one but online they all say they will ship no later than May 1st.  I'd like to get one prior to the game Saturday if possible.  I'm thinking maybe they will have them at the arena though so if I can't find one prior I'll go down there hatless and check the store prior.

I would guess going to Kettler would be the easiest way to get it and you could definitely call to make sure they still have it in stock.  Arena store is usually a gamble as they don't always have what I expect them to for whatever reason.

I go to the games a lot and I browse around the stores while waiting for the gates to open and I vaguely remember seeing that hat for sale. I also know that they were selling a lot of hats for 5 dollars on Saturday during the blood drive, but those were clearance items from last year's playoffs. Something like that, you might want to check the Arena team store, especially if it's 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs merchandise. I noticed they were selling stanley cup playoffs 2019 merchandise in the arena vendors during the game Saturday 

I will check Thursday during the game for that hat 

3 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

I would guess going to Kettler would be the easiest way to get it and you could definitely call to make sure they still have it in stock.  Arena store is usually a gamble as they don't always have what I expect them to for whatever reason.

Yeah I don't think I will be driving over there to get the hat cause I'm in Rockville.  But that is always a fallback plan!  Plus at the team store I get 20% off cause of Capital One card.

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

I go to the games a lot and I browse around the stores while waiting for the gates to open and I vaguely remember seeing that hat for sale. I also know that they were selling a lot of hats for 5 dollars on Saturday during the blood drive, but those were clearance items from last year's playoffs. Something like that, you might want to check the Arena team store, especially if it's 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs merchandise. I noticed they were selling stanley cup playoffs 2019 merchandise in the arena vendors during the game Saturday 

I will check Thursday during the game for that hat 

Cool I'd appreciate it if you did see it to just let me know.  I plan on leaving Rockville around noon on Saturday so I'll be down there hopefully by 1pm and will check out the store before heading to a bar.  This hat is a new one for the 2019 season, and there is also basically that same identical hat without the playoff patch on the side, so maybe that is the one you saw?

8 minutes ago, max21 said:

Watched that whole game, that was awesome. Especially after Columbus scored that shorty to tie it up 

Thats a game that could haunt them all series. Kind of like our game 1 in 2017 against Pittsburgh (where we dominated 99% of the game but had 3 lapses that cost us).

But this game was FAR worse for Tampa. 

Archived