Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

2 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

You're a hater.  It doesn't hurt anyone and it makes hockey dinosaurs/purists mad, so it's a win-win. 

Sport needs more exposure (in a good way,) this is a start.  Think about some of the reasons why no one outside of those who follow the league have any clue that a generational talent (McDavid) plays in Edmonton. 

I'm glad to see the storm surge, marchand doing the billionaire walk after a goal, Tkachuk flossing, etc.  These guys have GREAT personalities, but for whatever the reason, hockey has traditionally shunned individualism.  Shoot, even our own guy, Ovechkin, is cut from that same cloth.  Hope things like this keep going. 

At first I thought it was cool and different but after every win it felt a bit too much for me, but then I suppose when are they supposed to do it. I’m a hater 

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I disagree.  I like it being a more low-key sport.  Cuts down on the fakers and bandwagoners.  If someone says they are a hockey fan, there is a good chance they can have a discussion on it.  Unlike half the football fans that claim a team but can't tell you the coaches name.

And this right here is the problem.  Who in their right mind wouldn't want to grow the game?  It's a niche sport because the league has shot itself in the foot numerous times.  And honestly, who cares if there are bandwagon fans?  How does that hurt you as a die-hard and stop the good hockey conversations you'll have with someone?  Connor McDavid can walk down the street in any large US city and probably go unnoticed.  That's an issue. 

Hopefully this newer generation of stars who are more in-tuned to social media, embracing their own personalities, etc. can help bring in more fans to a great sport that needs more exposure. 

10 minutes ago, max21 said:

At first I thought it was cool and different but after every win it felt a bit too much for me, but then I suppose when are they supposed to do it. I’m a hater 

At least you own it LOL. 

You're a hater.  It doesn't hurt anyone and it makes hockey dinosaurs/purists mad, so it's a win-win. 

Sport needs more exposure (in a good way,) this is a start.  Think about some of the reasons why no one outside of those who follow the league have any clue that a generational talent (McDavid) plays in Edmonton. 

I'm glad to see the storm surge, marchand doing the billionaire walk after a goal, Tkachuk flossing, etc.  These guys have GREAT personalities, but for whatever the reason, hockey has traditionally shunned individualism.  Shoot, even our own guy, Ovechkin, is cut from that same cloth.  Hope things like this keep going. 

Double post 

37 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Holtz stole that game for us. Great work. 

Wish Ovi would have shot that puck at the end. 

It's about time he bailed out the team.  His regular season play for the past 2 years has been average at best.  Glad there's a stud in the pipeline down at Hershey. 

It's about time he bailed out the team.  His regular season play for the past 2 years has been average at best.  Glad there's a stud in the pipeline down at Hershey. 

Samsonov? Yeah I want him to succeed like everyone else but doubtful he touches holts career 

1 hour ago, max21 said:

Samsonov? Yeah I want him to succeed like everyone else but doubtful he touches holts career 

Well, Holtby has a Vezina and a cup, so there's that...however, he really hasn't been good during the regular season for the past two years.  Average at best.  I hope he can catch fire again during the playoffs this year.  His contract expires after next season, so there's something to keep an eye on. 

Well, Holtby has a Vezina and a cup, so there's that...however, he really hasn't been good during the regular season for the past two years.  Average at best.  I hope he can catch fire again during the playoffs this year.  His contract expires after next season, so there's something to keep an eye on. 

Could be a great opportunity to trade him after the season for a good haul to keep more talent in the pipeline. 

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/26357829/stanley-cup-winning-capitals-visit-white-house

Big Caps supporter Donald Trump called the Capitals "winners" and said there is "an awfully good chance" they will repeat this season.  

I wanna laugh, but in all fairness he's probably no less a fan than half of the bandwagon jumpers who flooded to F street last June.

Anyways, nice to see the team get recognized at the White House.  The team visited in the 80s and met Reagan, but obviously not as champions.

13 hours ago, capcrunch98 said:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/26357829/stanley-cup-winning-capitals-visit-white-house

Big Caps supporter Donald Trump called the Capitals "winners" and said there is "an awfully good chance" they will repeat this season.  

I wanna laugh, but in all fairness he's probably no less a fan than half of the bandwagon jumpers who flooded to F street last June.

Anyways, nice to see the team get recognized at the White House.  The team visited in the 80s and met Reagan, but obviously not as champions.

how much mcdonalds did he serve them at the white house

" Trump took individual pictures with players and staff and gave them pens and M&Ms before they left."

So I guess that's even worse than McD's :rofl89:

Archived