Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

11 hours ago, SkinsFanRob said:

I think now that we are in an every other day rhythm we will start picking up some points. Our schedule was screwed to start the season. 

We're an entirely different team with Wilson. His presence will make a big difference- offensively, defensively (making skilled teams uncomfortable) and last but certainly not least, his amazing PK skills. We need that.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/25215863/evgeni-malkin-pittsburgh-penguins-face-more-discipline

Evgeni Malkin won't face discipline for shot to head of T.J. Oshie

11:49 AM ET Greg WyshynskiESPN

The NHL Department of Player Safety will not bring supplemental discipline against Pittsburgh Penguins star Evgeni Malkin, who was ejected from his team's 2-1 loss to the Washington Capitals on Wednesday night for an illegal check to the head of forward T.J. Oshie.

At 3:27 of the third period, Malkin passed the puck while entering the Capitals' zone. Oshie closed in on him to deliver a check and Malkin lifted his shoulder into Oshie's head upon impact. The Capitals forward left the game and went through the NHL's concussion protocol, having previously visited the trainers' room during the game following a high stick from the Penguins' Olli Maatta.

Malkin was given a match penalty for an illegal check to the head. Oshie would return to the game, and he scored the winning goal for the Capitals with 1:14 left in regulation.

"It's not my concern anymore. We got the 'W,'" said Oshie after the game, regarding discipline for Malkin. "I don't really care what happens to him."

Penguins coach Mike Sullivan said he wasn't concerned that Malkin might be punished further by the league, and that turned out to be the case.

The NHL view of the hit, a source told ESPN, is that Malkin was bracing for impact from the approaching Oshie, a smaller player than the Penguins center. He doesn't get an elbow or stick up, just a shoulder, in order to steady himself for a collision after he released the puck.

The league felt the match penalty early in the third period was sufficient punishment on the play, although one wonders if they ultimately feel the referees got it right. The Player Safety impression of the hit seems at odds with the criteria for a Rule 48 match penalty, in which a player is ejected if he "attempted to or deliberately injured his opponent with an illegal check to the head."

Malkin's last run-in with Player Safety was a $5,000 fine for spearing Dustin Brown of the Los Angeles Kings in January.

I know we are shocked, SHOCKED, that the league not only won't suspend, but is defending the player...

Caps STH party tonight. The kid who Oshie gave his stick to last night was right behind me in the Oshie autograph line. I recognized him immediately. Really good kid and very deserving of such a treasure. We got a picture of Oshie signing it for him, which was special. Go Caps! 

11 hours ago, Kurd Cudins said:

Caps STH party tonight. The kid who Oshie gave his stick to last night was right behind me in the Oshie autograph line. I recognized him immediately. Really good kid and very deserving of such a treasure. We got a picture of Oshie signing it for him, which was special. Go Caps! 

It was a good party. Met Ovechkin and he signed my Washington Post magazine but with the default Black Marker. I was like "No man...I have GOLD markers here. USE THOSE!" and they were like "move the line along" which is understandable. Oh well. 

Also met tom Wilson and Stephenson. Very hard to get a lot of autographs these days especially with the Caps playing well. People were there as early as 2 PM waiting in line to get in. I came an hour before gates opened and there was a long line of people on F street :rofl89:

Did you get the chance to look inside the locker room? Had a brief chance to peer inside. It's pretty small. Thought it'd be bigger. Oh well. 

On 11/9/2018 at 9:58 AM, ixcuincle said:

It was a good party. Met Ovechkin and he signed my Washington Post magazine but with the default Black Marker. I was like "No man...I have GOLD markers here. USE THOSE!" and they were like "move the line along" which is understandable. Oh well. 

Also met tom Wilson and Stephenson. Very hard to get a lot of autographs these days especially with the Caps playing well. People were there as early as 2 PM waiting in line to get in. I came an hour before gates opened and there was a long line of people on F street :rofl89:

Did you get the chance to look inside the locker room? Had a brief chance to peer inside. It's pretty small. Thought it'd be bigger. Oh well. 

The party was MUCH better than last year, mostly because they were more organized. I got there at 5:30ish and the line was at the metro entrance. I got my Oshie jersey signed, which was my sole mission, and then was able to hop on the Carlson, Connolly, Bowey line(each of them had a silver marker for my dark Caps hat) which only took ten minutes and we got to sit front row on the ice while the free skate was going so it was pretty cool. I did go on the locker room tour and it was awesome because there was nobody else around. I think a lot of people didn't know how to find it. Got lots of great pictures, and like you was surprised at the size and "sparseness" of the rooms. Overall this was one of the better STH parties.

P.S. I thought Wilson looked really skinny.

Archived