Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

10 hours ago, Hersh said:

Was the defense bad or was Holtby bad? (Didn’t see the game)

There has got to be a little concern over the number of goals being given up.

Bad defense. Don't think any of the 4 were on Holtby. Copely looked pretty good, got bailed out a time or two, but only gave up 1 in his 40 minutes..

Caps have to address the loose style of play (ie: transition/defense) they're engaged in.. It looks great when it works, but they're not responsible on D at all. Reirden needs to crack the whip. 

10 minutes ago, zskins said:

How can anyone not like Ovi. Giving up the hat trick so Oshie can put one in the empty net. Very unselfish of him. 

It was funny that TJ didn’t really want to shoot cause they all know about the possible hat trick 

1 hour ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Ovechkin has 94 points in the last 82 games he's played including playoffs. 51 goals.

I’m a bit confused about this. How does 51 goals equal 94 points, when in a game a goal is 1 point? What kinda math does the NHL do ? 

I’m seriously asking, cause i dont know these things and interested to learn. 

Edit: just typed it in on google and got the answer. A point for each goal or assist earned. Total goals + assists is the number of points. Interesting. 

Nice win! Slowed down the Canuck's for a nice, boring, structured game.. 2nd period was a little sloppy, but they still should of only gave up 1.. Dowd though he was in goal for a minute there. lol I much prefer this, to the wide open high scoring games they've been playing! 

3 hours ago, capcrunch98 said:

Yeah, the Caps are always booted out of town at the end of October for the Intl. Horse Show.  Does anyone even go to that?

I see no more than 100 people inside at any given time. Literally no idea why it's a thing or how they make their money. I assume it has to be some crazy entrance fee from each participant.

Win a Caps Stanley Cup ring.

I REPEAT.  WIN A ****ING RING.

https://washingtoncapitals.5050central.org/Fundraiser/Contest/73206f1a-26ec-48c0-8823-5cc220a8e367

One lucky fan will have the opportunity to win an official Washington Capitals Stanley Cup 2018 Championship Ring, just like the players!

This ring, designed by Jostens in collaboration with the Capitals, is an exclusive player version that will be personalized with the winner’s name. The 14-karat white and yellow gold ring features an average of 230 round diamonds, 22 princess-cut diamonds, 28 custom taper-cut rubies, seven custom-cut star-shaped rubies and a star-shaped sapphire totaling 10.2 carats.

If winning a piece of Capitals history wasn't enough, the winner will also receive two tickets to watch the Capitals play the Florida Panthers on February 9, 2019, from the owner’s box alongside Ted Leonsis. Airfare and hotel accommodations will also be provided, if necessary. 

They just need to tighten up, period! Struggling to play 60 minutes again. Lucky to get out of there with 2. Not sure what's up with Reirden putting Carlson out 3rd. Too many actual bullets in the gun to be wasting chances like that, imo.. 

Here ya go Mary: (Ovi gave away a couple today!) 

Archived