Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

I'm guessing the back to back scheduling is entirely because of $$$   Weekends (Fri-Sun) are good times to schedule games.    

In the fall however, you have to compete with football.   So there aren't a whole lot of Sunday games until January.  The times they do are mostly Canadian teams / teams with no football nearby

So that leaves Friday and Saturday.  

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

What would he know compared to you? 

Look here mr hockey expert

I didn’t say you were wrong

i said it would be a bad look for the Stanley cup champs to come out in the first week and complain about the schedule being unfair to them

because it would be

get your head out of your ass

5 hours ago, tshile said:

Look here mr hockey expert

I didn’t say you were wrong

i said it would be a bad look for the Stanley cup champs to come out in the first week and complain about the schedule being unfair to them

because it would be

get your head out of your ass

LOL, Yeah, sure thing. 

7 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

In the fall however, you have to compete with football.   So there aren't a whole lot of Sunday games until January.  The times they do are mostly Canadian teams / teams with no football nearby

My favorite Sunday Capitals game is the traditional Super Bowl Sunday game with the 12 30pm start

Interference call was weak, puck was right at the guy’s feet. Too many men call was weak, Backstrom was at the bench and not involved in the play. Unsportsmanlike call was weak, you’re a ref have thicker skin. All said, three weak calls result in extended 5 on 3 and about 5 straight minutes on the PK. 

5 hours ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

I miss the days when dudes actually were encouraged to move at more than a snail's pace on the breakaway/ shootout. Just from a fan's perspective, I get it for the skill players

I think Oshie popularized the slow zig-zag in the 2014 olympics.

4 hours ago, Hersh said:

Was the defense bad or was Holtby bad? (Didn’t see the game)

Panthers were gifted an extended 5-on-3.  That said, Holtby was pulled after the first period.

Archived