Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

34 minutes ago, max21 said:

Wow, Marchand really took it to Lars. Can’t wait till Wilson ****s him up

Marchand is a chicken ****. If you are going to instigate a fight but you leave your helmet on, that speaks volumes. 

4 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Well, I mean, it's a penalty to remove your helmet these days.

It’s already an instigator penalty and players do it all the time. Especially given that point in the game. But hey, really gonna defend that move by Marchand?

7 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Sweet start! Hopefully Wilson being out doesn't invite teams to try and push us around. Wouldn't mind if they called up Obrien just to add a little toughness. Have to see how the next game go I suppose.

Wilson being in wouldn't have changed anything. The guy lost his temper at Lars because of celebration and his team getting killed and went right for him. Tom would've been on the bench

Wislon is appealing, but can't play during the appeal (seems dumb, since the league could drag it's feet and delay...).

Also, I love this quote from Oshie about Marchand:

At least Tom’s play was on the ice and he was hitting the guy that had the puck milliseconds before,” Oshie said, while pointing to Bruins forward Brad Marchand’s fight with Capitals center Lars Eller, who did not want to drop gloves, during the third period of Wednesday night’s game.

"And then you see tonight the sucker punches that Lars took in. So they kind of set the standard. Marchand has a history [with the Department of Player Safety], and we trust that they’ll do what they’re supposed to do and take care of business.”

Also, this tidbit from DSP lends credence to shoulder being the initial point of contact:

“They can’t just say, ‘Oh, because it’s him,’ " Smith-Pelly said. “If the hit is to the head, directly to the head, it is a suspension. I mean, just because it is him. I think we all feel that he went through [Sundqvist’s] shoulder; the guy has a separated shoulder. He went through his shoulder, just because it is him doesn’t mean you have to make a whatever statement or whatever. I mean I don’t want to say anything too crazy, but it’s garbage.”

BUT, in more important news, That was an awesome game. Hopefully more of the same tonight in ****tsburgh.

16 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Wislon is appealing, but can't play during the appeal (seems dumb, since the league could drag it's feet and delay...).

Also, I love this quote from Oshie about Marchand:

Also, this tidbit from DSP lends credence to shoulder being the initial point of contact:

BUT, in more important news, That was an awesome game. Hopefully more of the same tonight in ****tsburgh.

Love seeing those quotes/support for Wilson

18 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

On the metro now to head to the watch party! So excited!! 

I looked out the window during the 1st intermission and the watch party looked pretty light compared to the Finals ones. 

31 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

THe CaPiTaLs WiLl HaVe A ChAmPiOnShIp HaNgOvEr

I was at the game yesterday with my boot and kept having to stand up, the pain! :table2: 

I am curious though why don't they pipe Walton in the concourse? You can only hear him in the bathroom. Some of us leave our seats with 5 to go in the first to use the toilets before the line starts swarming at intermission. 

Watching last night and hearing the chatter on 106.7 all morning, I am really regretting not going to the game last night, regardless of the prices.  It would have been hard to swing with finding someone to watch my son but I probably could have figured it out.  FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

36 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I looked out the window during the 1st intermission and the watch party looked pretty light compared to the Finals ones. 

Yeah that’s what i thought too. I wasnt in town for any of the finals ones but i saw the pictures and it was a huge difference, for sure. I’d say that’s cause the first game of the season isn’t that big of a moment, whereas the finals are. 

But all in al, it wasn’t too bad :) 

Archived