Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

I don’t know what tender interference is if a player in the crease, in contact with the tender when the initial shot is stopped, is deemed to be legal. Calvert was clearly in the crease and contacting Copley, and Copley had no chance since the puck was batted directly out of the air into the net. 

Missed double minor for high sticking Orlov and blatant trip on Ovie. Bad officiating. 

Just now, SkinsFanRob said:

Dont know how you don’t call a penalty when orlov is down on the ice and bleeding from the lip

Watch the replay. Ref is watching, and the Avs player raises his hands and starts to complain to the ref. Arm never moves and the player turns to look at other ref. No call. When a player starts complaining about a call before he knows there isn’t a call, the arm should go up. File under the “thou doest protest too much” file. 

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

Its a W tonight. Copley is getting in a rhythm. Ovie, Ellers, Niskanen and 4th line player get goals. 

I mean, I guess that is a "positive" in all this.. They're getting their backup G some solid ice as well as others stepping up. It's kinda forced them to dig in. Hope they keep it up! Last 2 games they've played really well, even with the loss to Winnipeg, they looked good until they ran out of gas..  

My concern for Oshie (especially) is how long it took for him to recover last year. 

6 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

I mean, I guess that is a "positive" in all this.. They're getting their backup G some solid ice as well as others stepping up. It's kinda forced them to dig in. Hope they keep it up! Last 2 games they've played really well, even with the loss to Winnipeg, they looked good until they ran out of gas..  

My concern for Oshie (especially) is how long it took for him to recover last year. 

Oshie's a great guy to have on the team, but the last few years of his 8 year contract may not look great. 

14 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Don't care; won the cup.

5 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Win 2 more Cups and worry about contracts later. 

Chill. It's not criticism. Damn, don't make this place a thread like that where we can't talk about the team. 

46 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

4th line goal: check. 

Ovechkin goal: Check

2 minutes ago, c slag said:

Who doesn't think that Wilson wouldn't get involved after the Orlov Domi bout 

Caps need a second Wilson type. Someone that can win fights so Wilson doesn't have to do it all the time. He's too valuable on the ice now. 

15 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Caps need a second Wilson type. Someone that can win fights so Wilson doesn't have to do it all the time. He's too valuable on the ice now. 

Wilsonses don't grow on trees.  He cost us a mid 1st round pick and years of development.  Of course, if it's just a tough guy you want, there's always Liam O'Brien.  I always wanted to see a bit more of him; was a cool story how he made the opening night roster as an undrafted free agent.  And he's a cheeky lad.

35 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Wilsonses don't grow on trees.  He cost us a mid 1st round pick and years of development.  Of course, if it's just a tough guy you want, there's always Liam O'Brien.  I always wanted to see a bit more of him; was a cool story how he made the opening night roster as an undrafted free agent.  And he's a cheeky lad.

I don’t mean a first line Tom Wilson, just someone that can drop the gloves effectively from the 4th line so the Caps have more than one enforcer type. 

Archived