Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

9 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I think what might make me happiest with that would be Tom Wilson having two rings.

Can you imagine the salt.

My gosh the endless salt.

Its nice finally having the a-hole who everyone hates but wins all the time on our side for once. Its kinda like the Red Sox with Dustin Pedroia all those years or the Warriors with Draymond Green now.

I like being on this side of things.

1 hour ago, SkinsFanRob said:

I don’t want to be that guy but how is it possible we are playing better without Oshie and Kuz?

It's a very small sample, but the biggest thing is that Holtby is playing much better, and the PK has been much better. 

The good part is that Kuzy and Oshie don’t need to hurry back and shouldn’t be back until 100%. The Caps are playing well and getting some good breaks without being at full strength which is scary for the rest of the league.

15 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Were peaking too soon.  Needs moar sux

Caps are playing solid but not close to peaking. Only saw half the game and liked how MadBow was playing. He seems to be getting better with positioning and physicality.

He deserved a hatty!! lol

This isn't a peak.. It's the Cup championship team playing super focused.. Plus we're supposed to be winning these (most) games. Whether it's Wilson, injuries, etc., when they get engaged, this will be the product most nights! Another  < 3 ga That'll get ya a lot of W's..

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

Caps are playing solid but not close to peaking. Only saw half the game and liked how MadBow was playing. He seems to be getting better with positioning and physicality.

Bowey had a disappointing rookie season, but experience is paramount for defensemen.  His growth is promising.

Jonas Siegenthaler is going to be a STUD for the Caps in a few years. He already has an edge to him, plays the body, and moves the puck. I see him sliding into the Orpik role easily in a year or 2.

I think it has become fairly obvious that Boyd is the odd man out when Kuzy is healthy. Dowd is much better both at the dot, and in puck possession.

56 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Jonas Siegenthaler is going to be a STUD for the Caps in a few years. He already has an edge to him, plays the body, and moves the puck. I see him sliding into the Orpik role easily in a year or 2.

Did they finally play Siegenthaler and Bowey together? (I didn't even notice, which is a good thing I suppose) They've got a couple of young studs in the making! I guess they like Djoos' decision making, but I just think he's way too small. Coach may disagree..

1 hour ago, GoDeep81 said:

Did they finally play Siegenthaler and Bowey together? (I didn't even notice, which is a good thing I suppose) They've got a couple of young studs in the making! I guess they like Djoos' decision making, but I just think he's way too small. Coach may disagree..

Nope, they played Siegenthaler with Djoos.  Bowey was the scratch on Saturday against the Rags

I really love this Capitals team and they look as good as ever on offense. Two of our best players go down? No problem we will just win 6 straight. The defense could be better but we aren’t in that sacrifice the body to block shots mode because it’s November. In a time when all of our other teams let us down annually, at least we have one team that finally broke through and has one of the best players to ever play the game. 

Seeing Trotz get his ring was the last thing I’ve been waiting for since the Championship other than the title defense come May. Gibbs and Trotz are on a level of their own here in DC and I’ll forever be greatful to Barry for helping us get to the top of the mountain.

7 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

I've been really interested to see what we had in him since we drafted him.  Loved his measurables, and looked pretty good in the top Swiss league.

6 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

Let's not forget how critical Djoos was in the Stanley Cup run.  Size didn't seem to prevent him from performing in the playoffs when the game gets even heavier.

4 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Let's not forget how critical Djoos was in the Stanley Cup run.  Size didn't seem to prevent him from performing in the playoffs when the game gets even heavier.

For sure.. I don't have it out for the kid or anything, I just like my defenders with a little meat on their bones.. lol But he takes full advantage of his size/speed and hockey knowledge.. As I said previously, he'll probably be a prototypical NHL'r in a few years. I don't like that the game is going that direction, but I don't really have a say in the matter. 

17 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, i saw On the TV guide that tonight’s game is on NHL Network. I went To the channel, and they’re doing a top something countdown instead? Why have it on the guide listed as devils @ caps if the channel won’t actually be airing the game...?

because TV Guide is for some reason doesn't see local sports broadcasts.

20 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, i saw On the TV guide that tonight’s game is on NHL Network. I went To the channel, and they’re doing a top something countdown instead? Why have it on the guide listed as devils @ caps if the channel won’t actually be airing the game...?

Out of market it's on NHLNet. 

No. There was ZERO head involved in the hit. It was shoulder, and Wilson wasn’t trying to hit him. And Seney SOLD the head contact like a champ. Having watched multiple angles of the hit, Seney drifted into Wilson’s path and Wilson even moved to his right (away from Seney) a bit. He didn’t rise, he didn’t even brace for a hit, he glided towards the puck. 

If Wilson gets suspended for THAT hit, just make the league a no contact league like beer leagues. And then retroactively suspend the player who hit Kuzy DIRECTLY IN THE FACE and the player who SLAMMED OSHIE TO THE ICE HEAD FIRST. Wilson was playing hockey. He’s big. 

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I missed it, what happened?

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Yeah, main man just turned around and backwards skated right into the way of Wilson.  Shouldn’t have even been a penalty. Wasn’t a hit to the head.  The whole thing is a reputation bull**** call.

Yes, and he looked over his shoulder and saw Tom Wilson. He intentionally skated into him. 

Archived