Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

I have a theory about these hits and the punishment. It's a little conspiratorial so get your tin foil hats on before you read this. Ever since Steckel hit Crosby in the Winter Classic in 2011, it seems the Caps are punished for hits they make much more than hits made against them. I think the league was upset that they couldn't punish Steckel since you can't even tell if it was a hit. It eventually knocked the leagues biggest star out of action for close to a full season. Most people could see it wasn't intentional and wasn't punishable. Also, Crosby took a much worse hit a few games after that game that was his last game that season. But if you ask anyone what knocked out Crosby for almost a year, they will say the Steckel hit. Anyway, my overall point is I think the league is still taking it out on the Caps since they couldn't punish Steckel for that hit. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I mean, I don’t see much difference between this and the his Wilson made on Seney, that didn’t get even a hearing.

Wilson tried to avoid Seney and Reaves intentionally does not try to avoid Wilson. But other than that there isn’t much difference. 

Seriously, that’s a HUGE difference.

With regard to the game, Caps should already be planning on how to retain Vrana long term. He’s so much better than Bura. 

Gotta keep 7 forwards three years from now and you can already mark down Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wilson, Kuzy, Vrana and probably Oshie.

I’m under the assumption Ovechkin and Backstrom are Capitals for life.

That’s what I get for praising Vrana. I did not think a player could pull the puck backwards like he attempted on that terrible penalty shot attempt.

10 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

The Cop looked sharp!! Rest of em', so so.. NOW it's time to look at Columbus! 

You know when he gloved that puck and dropped it with an empty net, he was thinking about launching it towards the goal. I was hoping he did but he probably didn't have the confidence to elevate it enough down the middle. 

9 hours ago, Hersh said:

You know when he gloved that puck and dropped it with an empty net, he was thinking about launching it towards the goal. I was hoping he did but he probably didn't have the confidence to elevate it enough down the middle. 

I thought the same! LOL Him or Holts will get one, one of these days. 

I'm watching my 5 Stripes try to win a championship, my first soccer game ever watched beginning to end, so forgiveness is necessary. I'm still #ALLCAPS. 👍

( I live in what has become a very Latino area, and both sides of my street are packed, I'm guessing watch parties?) 😁

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Need Holtby to start looking like Holtby again. He's given up too many 4+ goal games. Last night was a good start to the rebound.

I don't think he had any shutouts during the regular season at all last year.

As long as he looks like Holtby come playoff time then I'm a OK with him having a pedestrian regular season.

After yesterday's Redskins debacle(another in a long line I know), we should all take the time to appreciate the Capitals again. Not just because they're THE DEFENDING STANLEY CUP CHAMPS, but just because of how well they're run from top to bottom. Ownership, FO, coaches, players et al.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

After yesterday's Redskins debacle(another in a long line I know), we should all take the time to appreciate the Capitals again. Not just because they're THE DEFENDING STANLEY CUP CHAMPS, but just because of how well they're run from top to bottom. Ownership, FO, coaches, players et al.

True that. Even when we lose, you can still see "it".. We might have lapses in concentration/energy, but you still know what they're capable of. There's only a handful of teams in the league who operate as smooth on/off the ice as the Caps.. But you watch other football teams and shake your head. It's depressing how sorry we are..  

Archived