Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

46 minutes ago, max21 said:

So I assume Reirden likes the grit and play of Dowd, Boyd and Jaskin type players over Burakovsky and Stephenson? Andre has been good for us at times, particularly game 7 in TB. Bad year in his final contract for him. 

Stephenson plays gritty. Just hard to get in the lineup with the 4th line playing so well. He'll probably get a start in DSP's spot before long. Burt needs to grasp team play better. All his stuff is one on one, solo variety. They need to trade him by the deadline or he'll end up walking for nothing. 

2 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I love that they gave Carolina hope and snatched it away like a bully.

I was busy, saw it was 4-1, tuned out.  Checked again, it was 5-5.  Holy ****!  Watched the end of the game, the overtime and that nail biting shootout.  Man that was awesome.

This team has the offense.

13 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

It’s amazing how winning a Cup loosens everything up. This team thought they were confident before last season. Now they KNOW they can win every game. Starting to play like those Detroit machines from the late ‘90s...

Ovi right now kinda reminds me of Elway the year after they won that first Super Bowl. The Broncos were an absolute machine that year tearing through everything and it was largely led by Elway. Obviously Ovi isn't retiring next year though.

Archived