Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

4 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

There's still a lot of hockey left... We have a favorable game tonight, and some upcoming games against bad teams.  Senators, Rangers, Flyers, Devils, all good matchups and no more back / backs for a month.  

Last night was a favorable game too. Need to get a win tonight. 

Just now, Hersh said:

Absolutely

Any word on Oshie btw?  Did anyone see the injury?  I didnt get to watch the game cuz they're on the west coast, just saw the injury notification on my phone when I woke up this morning.  

19 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Last night was set up for an emotional win for the Ducks.  Ceremony for their best defenseman who captained them to their only Cup, after a brutal beat down by Boston. The Ducks were going to be flying...

1 minute ago, Popeman38 said:

Last night was set up for an emotional win for the Ducks.  Ceremony for their best defenseman who captained them to their only Cup, after a brutal beat down by Boston. The Ducks were going to be flying...

Come on. At this time of season their is no need to make excuses for losing to the team that had the 4th fewest points in the NHL. Not after this team just dominated the best team in the west points wise. Caps were rested and ready. Missed some golden opportunities to score and played terrible on the PK. 

8 minutes ago, zskins said:

You should be feeling well and smiling now. Taking two of Ovi always makes one feel better.  :)

Um.....there is some unintentional meaning thread this belongs in. 

57 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Ovechkin is gangster af

I was just thinking how weird it’s gonna be watching the Caps PP some day without Ovechkin. 

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

^ oh yeah sure laugh at the one that doesn’t follow hockey and doesn’t care enough to google the stuff. I come here for a reason guys, to ask you😂:P 

heres another question: is it rare to score more than 60 goals, like ovi with 65? Doesn’t feel like something that happens too often

Stamkos is the only other player to break 60 in the the last 20 years.

7 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

heres another question: is it rare to score more than 60 goals, like ovi with 65? Doesn’t feel like something that happens too often

It's basically unheard of at this point.  As PokerPacker mentioned, the only two players who managed 60 in a season since 2000 were Ovi once and Stamkos once.  It used to be a more common occurrence back in the day when goalies used an inferior playstyle, but since the introduction of the butterfly style, it pretty much doesn't happen.

If Ovi were playing in the era of the stand-up goalie style, he'd probably have 1,000 goals by now.  No joke.

33 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

It's basically unheard of at this point.  As PokerPacker mentioned, the only two players who managed 60 in a season since 2000 were Ovi once and Stamkos once.  It used to be a more common occurrence back in the day when goalies used an inferior playstyle, but since the introduction of the butterfly style, it pretty much doesn't happen.

If Ovi were playing in the era of the stand-up goalie style, he'd probably have 1,000 goals by now.  No joke.

What’s inferior playstyle? I thought old goalies used more of the stand up style and since the introduction of the butterfly style it’s now a hybrid between the two. Not to mention the pads used back then were not nearly the same. 

Archived