Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Djoos being scratched over Orpik is stupendously stupid. Djoos is the closest thing to Schmidt since Schmidt was exposed in the expansion draft. Drives possession; dictates shot numbers; keeps the puck out of the defensive zone. And he does all that while tied to the albatross that is Orpik. 

1 minute ago, Popeman38 said:

Djoos being scratched over Orpik is stupendously stupid. Djoos is the closest thing to Schmidt since Schmidt was exposed in the expansion draft. Drives possession; dictates shot numbers; keeps the puck out of the defensive zone. And he does all that while tied to the albatross that is Orpik. 

Im hoping that it’s just temporary and to get the new guy paired up with a veteran so he can get the scheme down more quickly.  

I think there is a marked difference when Djoos is in the lineup.

I don't know if I've ever seen such a one sided OT for the first 3 minutes. But the Caps D was keeping the Rangers from getting the shots they needed. A few times I thought the game was about to end, but no one was there or the Caps D kept them from being able to bury it. But what a turn of the tables that last minute of OT. And the Caps did what they needed to do and buried their chance. 

21 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

I don't know if I've ever seen such a one sided OT for the first 3 minutes. But the Caps D was keeping the Rangers from getting the shots they needed. A few times I thought the game was about to end, but no one was there or the Caps D kept them from being able to bury it. But what a turn of the tables that last minute of OT. And the Caps did what they needed to do and buried their chance. 

And the fact that one of our player was playing with no stick and I thought that was it it is over. But they held them with two sticks and a glove. Mad effort there. 

Archived