Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

Trump Now Fundraising Over the Possibility He’ll Die in Prison

As Donald Trump was arraigned in federal court Tuesday, the former president’s communications team began fundraising off the fact that he could actually die in prison.

Emails went out around the time Trump and his aide Walt Nauta were scheduled to appear in Miami.

Under the heading of “Trump: Make America Great Again! 2024,” the email began, “Friend, Reports state that I could receive a maximum sentence of 400 YEARS IN PRISON despite being a totally and completely innocent man.”

I honestly cannot believe I just typed those words to you.

It sounds like something Stalin or Mao did to eliminate their opposition.

But instead, it’s happening here in America. Communism has finally come to our shores.

We are no longer living in the country of Washington and Lincoln.

For the first time in American history, the federal government has used its prosecutorial powers to charge the leading opponent of the current regime.

While today is certainly grim and dark, do NOT lose faith!

As I said once before…

“With a dark cloud over our beloved country, I have no doubt, nevertheless, that we will Make America Great Again.” 

Then came the monetary ask.

“Please make a contribution to peacefully stand with me and SAVE the greatest country in history – for 1,500% impact.”

The email may have given a hint as to the Trump legal team’s strategy against the 37 federal charges facing the former president. Claiming that the federal government “has used its prosecutorial powers” to persecute President Joe Biden’s leading political opponent seemed to be the talking point of the day.

Click on the link for the full article

🎶And the grift goes on...🎶

• Haha 1

In the Fray With Hundreds of Pro-Trump Streamers

By noon on Tuesday, everyone waiting outside the federal courthouse in Miami in the 90-degree heat was hot. Everyone was emotionally heated. And everyone, it seemed, was livestreaming. The right-wing content creators who had gathered in great numbers for the occasion—carrying high-quality cameras, wearing helmets and flak jackets, and thrusting microphones into the faces of sign wavers and T-shirt wearers and counterprotesters—were all there to build their audience, on any number of social media platforms. Almost no one wanted to give me their real name, but everyone wanted me to subscribe to their YouTube or Rumble channel, check out their meme page, and follow them on Instagram.

There is a notion, which has sprung up around Trump coverage over the past couple of years, that a large portion of the frenzy around the former president is driven by the media. This was the final word on Trump’s Manhattan indictment in April, in which, according to New York magazine, supporters “were outnumbered by reporters.”

And yes—there were lots of legacy outlets with journalists beneath white tents and behind yellow caution tape. But the predominant participants in the scrum, which spanned three sides of the courthouse, were the right-wing protesters themselves. And they were sure acting as if they were some kind of members of the media; some were even wearing official-looking credentials.

Wielding iPhones, cameras, and plug-in microphones, they would ask questions of fellow protesters along the lines of Why are you here? Where did you come from? Why do you support Trump? Then, often, both the interviewer and interviewee would burst into chants of “Trump! Trump! Trump!” One exemplary exchange, a three-minute interview I watched one content creator conduct with a supporter, ended with the “reporter” saying, “Let’s get a ‘Let’s Go, Brandon’ chant started!” And chant they did. A separate tandem ended with a rhythmically harrowing incantation: “We are not a democracy, we’re a constitutional republic.” This was jarring to witness until it was repeated a fifth and then a 10th time, and somehow it got kind of tedious.

The effect of all that content creation and interviewing and chanting and streaming was that it made the scene outside Trump’s arraignment impossible to parse: Every action was being performed for a greater audience at home, somewhere. Maybe it was totally ironic, maybe it was sincere, but it was definitely not for attribution. Commodify your politics, build your brand: It is, most certainly, the way of Trump.

• Haha 1

Republicans privately acknowledge Trump's legal woes are serious this time

It’s long been Republican orthodoxy that no matter what Donald Trump does, the GOP base will stick with him. After his last indictment in New York, the party rallied around him. 

But this time, privately, Republicans aren’t so sure. 

An operative in Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ orbit, who requested anonymity to speak candidly without approval from higher-ups, said that “from an objective standpoint,” the federal charges Trump faces for his post-presidency handling of classified documents are far more serious than the earlier ones around hush money payments before the 2016 election. 

“I don’t know what’s going to happen in Georgia,” this person said, referring to the investigation into possible election interference by Trump and his allies. “But the man is going to prison. It’s happening. So at this point, where we are is ‘Who’s going to be the nominee?’ … Donald Trump broke the law, and frankly, I’m not a never-Trumper. I’m really not. But this is too much."

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, China said:

An operative in Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ orbit, who requested anonymity to speak candidly without approval from higher-ups, said that “from an objective standpoint,” the federal charges Trump faces for his post-presidency handling of classified documents are far more serious than the earlier ones around hush money payments before the 2016 election. 

“I don’t know what’s going to happen in Georgia,” this person said, referring to the investigation into possible election interference by Trump and his allies. “But the man is going to prison. It’s happening. So at this point, where we are is ‘Who’s going to be the nominee?’ … Donald Trump broke the law, and frankly, I’m not a never-Trumper. I’m really not. But this is too much."

I'm shocked that "an operative in Ron DeSantis' orbit" says that Trump is going to jail, and that the question is who will get the nomination, then.  

Trump lawyer Todd Blanche sued for malpractice

A lawyer representing Donald Trump in multiple cases is facing legal troubles of his own, New York Law Journal reports.

Todd Blanche and his former law firm, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft, are being sued for malpractice by twin brothers Adam Kaplan and Daniel Kaplan, who allege Blanche and Cadwalader forged their signatures on a retainer agreement and “severely” overbilled them while they were the subject of a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission probe.

The Kaplan brothers also reportedly allege their former attorneys are now refusing to turn over their case file to their new lawyers.

People Magazine reports that “Blanche's move to represent Trump came as the politician reportedly struggled to assemble a team of respected defense lawyers, the Washington Post reported in April. Retaining counsel for his arraignment on Tuesday appeared just as challenging, a trusted legal source tells PEOPLE.”

• Haha 2

On 6/1/2023 at 9:41 AM, PleaseBlitz said:

Pride month starts today. This thread is gonna be lit. 

Conservatives Facing Diminishing Food Supply As Their Boycott Of ‘Woke’ Companies Grows

Once again, we witness the familiar pattern of right-wing movements urging boycotts against brands that demonstrate even a hint of acceptance towards transgender individuals.

The latest target of conservative outrage is Frosted Flakes cereal, following a photograph of their iconic mascot, Tony the Tiger, alongside transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney at the Tony Awards last Sunday.

Sadly, Mulvaney has previously found herself at the center of far-right controversies. Back in March, she and Bud Light faced backlash over a campaign she participated in with the beer brand. Since then, a wave of right-wing boycotts has ensued.

Conservatives, however, seem to be depleting their options for dining, shopping, and entertainment. Notably, right-wing podcast host Joey Mannarino passionately announced his plan to discard his Frosted Flakes in protest of the association with Mulvaney, vowing to switch to Froot Loops instead. Ironically, he appeared oblivious to the fact that both cereal brands are owned by Kellogg’s, meaning his money would still support the same company.

Chick-fil-A is also facing a boycott due to the mere existence of its H.R. department. Similarly, Cracker Barrel has become an undesirable dining option after expressing support for Pride on social media.

Target, Walmart, and Kohl’s have drawn the ire of right-wingers due to their inclusion of Pride merchandise. Shockingly, Target even received bomb threats. Nike and Adidas are off-limits because they offer trans-inclusive athletic wear. The North Face’s campaign featuring drag queen Pattie Gonia has led conservatives to seek alternative shopping destinations.

The list of brands conservatives need to avoid continues to grow. Patagonia, due to its partnership with Pattie Gonia, should be skipped. Additionally, Ruger, Black Rifle Coffee, Home Depot, and Molson Coors, all committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, are likely to be abandoned by those on the far right.

Click on the link for the rest

• Haha 5