Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

Lake: “If you want to get to Trump, you’re going to have to go through me, and 75 million Americans just like me. And most of us are card carrying members of the NRA. That’s not a threat, that’s a public service announcement.”

Of course it's a threat. Hell the majority of what the MAGA folks do daily is threaten their opposition. It's straight outta Trumps bull**** authoritarian play book.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952ec844e54cd0bdfb4f

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Of course it's a threat. Hell the majority of what the MAGA folks do daily is threaten their opposition. It's straight outta Trumps bull**** authoritarian play book.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952ec844e54cd0bdfb4f

She's amazing. And feels like she'll get the Senate GOP nom and then lose because she'll spend her campaign defending Cheeto Jesus and not why she'd be right for the job. 

• Thumb up 1

These douchebags complaining about the flag code are the same ones that own all kinds of flag paraphernalia, clothing including speedos, stickers on their truck, the greyed out flag with the blue line through it for blue lives matters and on and on and on…..They don’t care about the flag code. They just want to be little whiny ****es.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I do think that the flag code point is a valid one. 

Yes, I'm aware that lots of people ignore it. 

(Including, at least as it was explained to me, the uniforms of our military. Since the way the Boy Scouts explained it to me, when the flag is displayed with only one side visible, the blue field must be top left.)

But. This is the White House. And this is not Donald Trump. I expect them to have people who double check these things. 

No, it is not worth all the fake outrage that the Right will pretend to. (They don't give a **** about the flag code. They're pissed that it exists at all.)

But yep, technically, it's a violation. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Isn't there a US Flag on top of the White House as well? If so, then nothing has been violated, correct?

Edit...yep there is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_at_the_White_House#:~:text=The U.S. flag that is,such as prominent political figures

I believe you are correct. Highest point in the middle of a group of flags. Seems to check all the boxes. 

14 hours ago, tshile said:

It’s a shame people don’t know the basics of the flag to even care much less do it right themselves. 

you’d think the white house would at least get it right. But apparently not. 

Fear not my dude! 

21 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Fear not my dude! 

Not sure that counts. Not sure “there’s an American flag somewhere else that’s higher” counts, but it’s been a while since I was truly up to speed on the flag rules. 

Pretty sure it’s a per-display situation 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

Not sure that counts. Not sure “there’s an American flag somewhere else that’s higher” counts, but it’s been a while since I was truly up to speed on the flag rules. 

I agree with you, but it is on the same building and when the general public gets a view of it from the street you will see one flag above all others. If it was on a separate building or the building was so large that the flag on top could not be seen, then I totally agree that this display is not appropriate. 

This is based on the assumption that the flag can be seen from the street above all other flags. If not, then yes, I believe The White House is wrong here. 

• Thumb up 2

20 minutes ago, tshile said:

I think you are going to have to dig into the case law here. :ols:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1