Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

Fun fact:  The Speaker of the House doesn't have to be a member of the House:

As the Constitution does not explicitly state that the speaker must be an incumbent member of the House, it is permissible for representatives to vote for someone who is not a member of the House at the time, and non-members have received a few votes in various speaker elections over the past several years

Link

41 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i love those people

one of the few disciplines in academia that even the psych and sociology phd's can look down upon

it's a jungle out there

Man... you just double dissed me.  LOL.  I have a Ph.D in clinical psychology.  I attended a University that only accepted 6 of 120+ applicants for the program.  So, after a decade in school, I earned my Ph.D in Clinical Psychology.  Also, PH.D stands for doctor of philosophy. It does not say what subject you earned your doctoral degree in.

I think that idiot is an English literature doctor.   Don't you feel silly now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Maybe you could psychoanalyze the former CIC:

As Trump readies summer rallies and speeches, allies worry he's stuck in the past

A cadre of aides and advisers working to tame Donald Trump's obsession with the 2020 election, including his fixation with debunked voter fraud theories and ballot audits, are realizing the task at hand is much tougher than they thought.

Over the past few weeks, Trump has faced pleas from inside his orbit to move the ball forward as Republicans approach the 2022 midterm elections, when the party hopes to regain control of both congressional chambers, and brace for his high-profile return to the campaign trail. Several former advisers and allies still close to the 45th President said he is under mounting pressure to concentrate on promoting GOP policy priorities and defining his successor, rather than re-litigating his failed reelection campaign.

But the former President has brushed those voices aside, choosing instead to listen to a crowd of characters both on television and in his wider circle who have encouraged him to keep his focus on the 2020 election.

Sources familiar with Trump's thinking describe him as bored by the issues his advisers wish he would focus on -- from threats to America's energy infrastructure to increased inflation and other economic concerns. He is so obsessed with his unsuccessful quest for reelection, one ex-Trump official said, that he has been moving himself toward irrelevance.

"It's like a slow leak of a balloon that is now laying on the floor," is how the ex-Trump official described it.

Lately, Trump's obsession with 2020 has also led him to indulge unhinged and false notions about being "reinstated" as commander-in-chief, according to three people familiar with these conversations, one of whom said he has been constantly watching the conspiracy-laden TV channel One America News and intensely following an ongoing Republican-demanded audit of votes in Arizona's Maricopa County.

Click on the link for the full article

Trump doesn’t have to be speaker of the house. Hell, he’s too lazy to do the job. When the gop regains control in 22; the first agenda on their list will be impeaching Biden. Their master Trump will demand it and they will probably impeach Kamala also. Item #2 is endless investigations of Hunter.

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Trump doesn’t have to be speaker of the house. Hell, he’s too lazy to do the job. When the gop regains control in 22; the first agenda on their list will be impeaching Biden. Their master Trump will demand it and they will probably impeach Kamala also. Item #2 is endless investigations of Hunter.

Removal requires 2/3 of the Senate. So the QOP can try to do something if they regain the House, but it's a nothingburger. 

8 hours ago, China said:

I thought Trump’s justice department led by William Burr, was mandated to work tirelessly to find something incriminating on the Bidens.

What are they going to find out now that they haven’t unearthed already.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jumbo said:

i love those people

one of the few disciplines in academia that even the psych and sociology phd's can look down upon

it's a jungle out there

Recall a scene from a book. (I think it was one of Arthur Clarke's 2001 series). 

A university chancellor is venting to some coworkers about how he's constantly being badgered by the various schools for new buildings and equipment and laboratories and funding. 

They want supercomputers and proton accelerators and holographic magnetic body imagers and DNA sequencers and on and on. 

"Why can't they all be like the mathematics department?  All they need is a chalkboard and a trash can.  

"Or philosophy?  They don't need a trash can."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, China said:

Maybe you could psychoanalyze the former CIC:

As Trump readies summer rallies and speeches, allies worry he's stuck in the past

A cadre of aides and advisers working to tame Donald Trump's obsession with the 2020 election, including his fixation with debunked voter fraud theories and ballot audits, are realizing the task at hand is much tougher than they thought.

Over the past few weeks, Trump has faced pleas from inside his orbit to move the ball forward as Republicans approach the 2022 midterm elections, when the party hopes to regain control of both congressional chambers, and brace for his high-profile return to the campaign trail. Several former advisers and allies still close to the 45th President said he is under mounting pressure to concentrate on promoting GOP policy priorities and defining his successor, rather than re-litigating his failed reelection campaign.

But the former President has brushed those voices aside, choosing instead to listen to a crowd of characters both on television and in his wider circle who have encouraged him to keep his focus on the 2020 election.

Sources familiar with Trump's thinking describe him as bored by the issues his advisers wish he would focus on -- from threats to America's energy infrastructure to increased inflation and other economic concerns. He is so obsessed with his unsuccessful quest for reelection, one ex-Trump official said, that he has been moving himself toward irrelevance.

"It's like a slow leak of a balloon that is now laying on the floor," is how the ex-Trump official described it.

Lately, Trump's obsession with 2020 has also led him to indulge unhinged and false notions about being "reinstated" as commander-in-chief, according to three people familiar with these conversations, one of whom said he has been constantly watching the conspiracy-laden TV channel One America News and intensely following an ongoing Republican-demanded audit of votes in Arizona's Maricopa County.

I mean, it’s pretty clear that this approach serves two purposes: 1) continues the grift; and 2) sets up an unfit  to stand trial approach.

And the media takes the bait again because they have shareholders to appease.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mistertim said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b761137326d8b8fc5f1fc73ccdaab6f4cf088fd4d36fe&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

137827970_images(4).jpeg.e2227d803af7ceb30b50d788b836163c.jpeg

33 minutes ago, mistertim said:

But on a serious note...what branch of physics?

Complex emergent systems.  Its a tweener field that means I have papers ranging from turbulent phenomenon to infrastructure analysis.  Hell...even slummed it with some economists for a while and have a published economics paper or two (who doesn't).  Currently working a number of directions including Machine Learning and AI.

4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Removal requires 2/3 of the Senate. So the QOP can try to do something if they regain the House, but it's a nothingburger. 

Dunno...the democratic party isn't exactly known for its backbone.  At the very least we can count Joe Manchin in for removal.

AlertQuerulousIndianringneckparakeet-size_restricted.gif

Edited by Jabbyrwock
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

He definitely has his pants on backwards lmao. And they  are gonna tell me every day at work that Biden is senile (and he may be) but look at this ducking fool. 

I somehow doubt he has his pants on backwards.  How would he zip them and button them up?  More likely is he has elastic banded pull up pants (like sweatpants) made out of suit material.  They probably fit better over his diaper.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, China said:

I somehow doubt he has his pants on backwards.  How would he zip them and button them up?  More likely is he has elastic banded pull up pants (like sweatpants) made out of suit material.  They probably fit better over his diaper.

Ahhh ok that makes sense. I never even considered something like that. 

Trump's chief of staff pressed the Justice Department to investigate the bizarre conspiracy theory that people in Italy meddled in the 2020 election using military satellites

Mark Meadows, who served as chief of staff in Donald Trump's White House, pressed the Justice Department to investigate several conspiracy theories about the 2020 election, according to reports.

The New York Times first reported Saturday that in emails between December and January to then-acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen, Meadows pressed him to investigate the baseless theories that the presidential election was stolen from Trump due to mass fraud or foreign meddling.

Among the claims, Meadows pushed was the bizarre 'Italygate' conspiracy theory. Its supporters invented a narrative that allies of Joe Biden in Italy could flip the result of the election using military satellites.

In other emails, Meadows discussed unsubstantiated claims of mass fraud in New Mexico and Georgia, pushed by Trump's personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani.

The report was later confirmed by CNN and The Washington Post.

The emails were recovered as part of a Senate Judiciary Committee probe into whether the Justice Department had been involved in Trump's attempt to overturn the election result.