Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

On 10/16/2020 at 11:53 AM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Several of the elite TE's in the league that many people thought were "finished", are doing very well in their latest home...i.e. 35 year old Jimmy Graham.

So, in our situation, I'd definitely take a long look at Ertz

Jimmy Graham is still done.  What he's giving Chicago you can get from anybody.  He's only been marginally better than Logan Thomas has been this year. And frankly, better QB play and they'd probably be equal, since Thomas gets overthrown for a nice gain just about every week.

But I got corrected for not remembering this a couple weeks ago, but I had forgotten they were in heavy on Austin Hooper this year and he chose the Browns.  

Edited by justice98

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Here is a picture of CAM FREAKING SIMS catching the game-winning touchdown!

13D1DFFC-FCD9-465E-8599-73494A2E6634.jpeg

A nice big target for Allen would be nice to compliment Mcclaurin (obviously). The development of smaller mid sized WRs has not come to fruition on the field, so in a throw-away year, let’s see what the big fella can provide opposite of Mcclaurin. Some physicality on the outside— Let’s see if he’s ready to make the catches Inman has made (hes had some critical catches this far). 

I went back and rewatched parts of the game... our receivers run some really bad routes. They are part of the reason the spacing sucks. I’m curious what the hell the guys are teaching the receivers.

There was one play where Wright juked air 4 yards off the line. I think that was on the pick but I’m too depressed to go back and look. 

They get caught at the line of scrimmage way too ****ing often. 

Inman isn’t bad. AGG and Wright have zero idea what they’re doing. 

On the pick Inman and Wright were slow to the concept. Allen still made a horrendous throw, but move guys. Move.

I’m so intrigued by how these guys are being coached. We have a big need for a receiver.

Logan Thomas may be our second best receiver right now... right now this is how I’d rank our receivers...

1. McLaurin

2. Thomas

3. McKissick

4. Inman

5. Gibson

6. Wright 

7. AGG

I don’t know where I’d put Cam Simms but he can’t be worse. 

EDIT: had McKissick and Inman swapped from where I want them. Good now.

Edited by KDawg

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Logan Thomas may be our second best receiver right now... right now this is how I’d rank our receivers...

1. McLaurin

2. Thomas

3. Inman

4. McKissick

5. Gibson

6. Wright 

7. AGG

What about the new one, Foster ?

I think he might immediately become our 2nd best receiver.

This dude can catch long balls legit

Ron gettin ready for that Playoff Push now !

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

What about the new one, Foster ?

This dude can catch long balls.

Ron gettin ready for that Playoff Push now !

I watched him a lot with Buffalo but not in detail. He’s... okay. On the surface he seems like he’s be similar to Inman. Has some speed. Will help draw attention off of McLaurin.

37 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I watched him a lot with Buffalo but not in detail. He’s... okay. On the surface he seems like he’s be similar to Inman. Has some speed. Will help draw attention off of McLaurin.

I'm very hopeful. He appears to have had more big plays as a Pro, than any of our receivers not named McLaurin.

I think he's faster than Inman, and more of a deep threat.

Robert Foster is a really interesting signing. It’s never made sense to me that he totally disappeared after the hot streak he had to end his rookie season for them. He was a really highly touted recruit in college and even as an UDFA he showed he belonged in the NFL at least as a deep threat, then totally fell off the map for some reason. 

4 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Disappointed Gandy-Golden hasn't shown much.  He has like one catch this year right?  I'm too lazy to look up the stats.  With a receiving corps as thin as ours he should be on the field more.

It's not a good season for a rookie WR. First you lack the real off-season work to get on the same page as your QB. Second you lack the experience with your QB because we changed him. 

We tried to get him involved in a couple of games but he did not step up... I'm not sure if I can pull up the game tape of his snaps but will try that! 

12 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

@Malapropismic Depository

I wondered about that too, but then I remembered that they had him in Carolina as well. 

Well I guess the dude has struck out twice with Rivera, then. ;)
He's probably fortunate to have that many chances with Rivera, considering UDFA's don't get very long to prove themselves.

Also it may be worthy of note, that the guy who is replacing Baugh, was also with Rivera's Panthers last year.

• Thanks 1

On 10/20/2020 at 9:26 PM, KDawg said:

I went back and rewatched parts of the game... our receivers run some really bad routes. They are part of the reason the spacing sucks. I’m curious what the hell the guys are teaching the receivers.

There was one play where Wright juked air 4 yards off the line. I think that was on the pick but I’m too depressed to go back and look. 

They get caught at the line of scrimmage way too ****ing often. 

Inman isn’t bad. AGG and Wright have zero idea what they’re doing. 

On the pick Inman and Wright were slow to the concept. Allen still made a horrendous throw, but move guys. Move.

I’m so intrigued by how these guys are being coached. We have a big need for a receiver.

1. McLaurin

2. Thomas

3. McKissick

4. Inman

5. Gibson

6. Wright 

7. AGG

I don’t know where I’d put Cam Simms but he can’t be worse. 

EDIT: had McKissick and Inman swapped from where I want them. Good now.

That's probably to be expected with a roster full of rookie/inexperienced WRs.  You've got Inman and a bunch of dudes that haven't played very much.  There was a point before Inman showed up where Cam Sims was the most veteran wide receiver.  I lamented not having a veteran receiver.  Inman's better than nothing, but I don't know if precise route running was ever his forte.