Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

20 Greatest Skins in 20 Years of Snyder

hail2skins

And who could forget Keith Eloi and the infamous pool video.  Championship!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/08/AR2009060802842.html

Or how about when we bet on Mike Williams being able to lose over 100 pounds, become a starting lineman, and regain his first round status in just 1 offseason.  Solid front office decision making there

"It's an audacious experiment. Take a former No. 4 overall draft pick, one who hasn't taken a snap in an NFL game since New Years Day of 2006, and watch his weight drop from 450 to 342 -- then count on him to be a possible solution along an aging offensive line.

Yet front office chief Vinny Cerrato was so bullish on Williams in the spring that he didn't draft an offensive lineman. The team then released Jansen in May, essentially making the right tackle job a two-man battle between Williams and Stephon Heyer, a third-year player who went undrafted but has started 12 games in two seasons.

"I find it hard to believe that after almost three years that I can still be able to do this," Williams said."

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/sports/The-Redskins-Former-450-Pound-Man-52425317.html

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jun/28/a-weighty-matter/

In 2015, the big quote from Scott was not that we were going to be winners but that teams would know they played us. Since the second half of the 2016 season, I feel we are going back to that team you could smack in the mouth early and pretty much be certain to dominate.  It is like a child that expects to win easy and when they find out that they can't, they pout. The loss to the Giants in the final game last year encapsulates it.  After getting no traction in the run game, they pop a big run and it looked to me like we just quit at that point.

6 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

In 2015, the big quote from Scott was not that we were going to be winners but that teams would know they played us. Since the second half of the 2016 season, I feel we are going back to that team you could smack in the mouth early and pretty much be certain to dominate.  It is like a child that expects to win easy and when they find out that they can't, they pout. The loss to the Giants in the final game last year encapsulates it.  After getting no traction in the run game, they pop a big run and it looked to me like we just quit at that point.

There was a quote early on in Snyder's tenure where some reporter said that watching opposing teams play the Redskins on Sunday was like "a pack of wolves being unleashed on pampered house pets." 

I don't think we're back to that point yet, but sure doesn't seem like we're trending in the right direction.

My word this list is depressing.

Its akin to me and the lottery; every once in awhile i'll get lucky and win my 2 bucks back, but for the most part I'm just giving my money away.

Personally the Redskins draft should be re-named to the Redskins Roulette or the Redskins Crap-Shoot. It resembles it much more accurately...

This thread has really got me looking hard at the full history -- especially the Skins poor record with running backs they drafted. For a franchise with historically tough, dangerous running backs -- the Skins have found/developed very few during Snyder's tenure.

Davis was drafted before Snyder, Portis was a trade.  Most others (Manuel White, anyone)  didn't stand out 

Thompson and Morris were the few clear gems.  Morris was the classic Skins tough "Riggo-like" grinding RB, and even so, the Skins let him go

On 2/25/2018 at 9:26 PM, I Love The Skins said:

1.Shane Matthews

2.Danny Wuerffel

3.Ade Jimoh

4.Mike Barrow

5.Tony Banks

Fun fact: Tony Banks, Todd Collins, and Brad Johnson are the only QBs in the Snyder era with a winning record as a Redskins starter.

So let's cut TB some slack.  lol

• 1. Dan Snyder
  • 2. Dan Snyder 
  • 3. Dan Snyder
  • 4. Dan Snyder
  • 5. Dan Snyder 
  • 6. Dan Snyder
  • 7. Dan Snyder
  • 8. Dan Snyder 
  • 9. Dan Snyder
  • 10. Dan Snyder
  • 11. Dan Snyder 
  • 12. Dan Snyder
  • 13. Dan Snyder
  • 14. Dan Snyder 
  • 15. Dan Snyyder
  • 16. Dan Snyder
  • 17. Dan Snyder 
  • 18. Vinny Cerrato
  • 19. Bruce Allen
  • 20. Jim Zorn
  •  

How can anybody forget Colt Brennan. Several hundred page thread on a dude who never once took a snap. :rofl89:

Oh and Sultan McCullough and Marko Mitchell. :headbang:

How about the list of DONE guys that we brought in "just in case" like Larry Johnson, Shawn Alexander, Willie Parker, Christian Fauria, Adrian Murrell, Byron Chamberlain, Nolan Harrison, Irving Fryar, James Francis, Jacquez Green, Warrick Holdman, McNugget, Joey Galloway, Tyronne Drakeford, Everette Brown, Greg Toler, Cullen Jenkins, on and on and on. 

On 2/26/2018 at 9:00 AM, Reaper Skins said:

Honorable mention to QB Connor Halliday, who decided he'd rather retire than play for us after we were the only team to offer him a contract.

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/01/29/connor-halliday-former-football-star-416717.html

I would not have been able to pull Connor Halliday if he was standing in a lineup surrounded by the Supremes.

14 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

How about the list of DONE guys that we brought in "just in case" like... Jacquez Green

TWO-time Madden Bowl Champion Jacquez?

Had to give Spurrier the proper weapons for his Fun 'n Gun offense baby. 

I don’t really think Colt Brennan deserves to be on the list, IIRC he was one of the best QBs during the preseason whatever year that was but never really got his chance due to injury. Still leads the FBS with touchdowns in a season and I think top 10 in passing yards in the FBS. I’d say Malcom Kelly over him. Jason Taylor, Adam Arculeta. 

23 hours ago, maxspruill21 said:

I don’t really think Colt Brennan deserves to be on the list, IIRC he was one of the best QBs during the preseason whatever year that was but never really got his chance due to injury. Still leads the FBS with touchdowns in a season and I think top 10 in passing yards in the FBS. I’d say Malcom Kelly over him. Jason Taylor, Adam Arculeta. 

My God.  And I thought the Cult was gone.

My everloving God.

Archived