Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Kirk Cousins breaks his silence after Redskins trade for Alex Smith

TK

1 hour ago, Taylor 36 said:

Not true at all.  Fact that people seem to just want to forget...The Vikes only got their one playoff win due to the inexplicable bone-headed play of a NO DB.  If that idiotic play doesn't happen, Keenum, who by no means looked good in that second half, the entire narrative of this postseason possibly changes for the better.  Keenum then looked like complete ass in the NFCC game.  Horrible.  

Funny how the narrative is of Keenum being a great QB, even a very good QB.

Truth is, Minny's season was defensively led, with an average at best offense. Keenum wasn't this superior leader whose excellent play throughout the season gave him the ability to throw the team on his back; no, he was a good game manager. People will scratch their heads as to why he will not be nearly as effective in 2018, and the same may just apply to the other QB whose been getting a lot of attention.

KC is getting what he wanted, more money, but now he will have a new adventure, and that is appreciation. The ball is in his hands now [ so to speak ] and right now everything is daisies and butterflies.

Now, there is nothing to fall back on. There is no one else to point a finger at. There will be no scapegoats. Granted, he and the Vikes may win the first 2 or 3 games, but as we all know, teams with a lot of talent or attention gets the most out of their opponents, and they will be coming hard after KC.

I will go on record and say the Vikings will end up a 9-7 team. Yes, you read it right, 9-7. Thing is, Cousins can change teams but he cannot change habits. The pressure to perform, with all of the hoopla surrounding him all off-season will begin to weigh down upon those shoulders, and as the weight increases, so will his desperation to overcome it, and that's where he will begin to decline. The mind is much more mysterious than anyone knows, and that self-applied pressure to prove naysayers wrong will build and build, until eventually he will crash.

I was always pulling for him especially when he was first drafted, I knew he could do some good for this team and provide the stability this team has been lacking, and when he got his chance he did pretty good, but greed, coupled with an inept FO, made this a big mess.

No player is bigger than a team, but KC believes he is. Now, he will have to back up his little showboating drama, and karma bows to no one.  No one.

I mean he has everything he needs now. He should succeed if he is what he thinks he is. I would have loved to keep him but at that price and for that long I just can't see how anyone can say we should have made the deal. We ****ed this up 2 years ago but I don't think we could have known then what we do now.

I heard a cat say today Minny has no Oline. That true? 

2 hours ago, Taylor 36 said:

Not true at all.  Fact that people seem to just want to forget...The Vikes only got their one playoff win due to the inexplicable bone-headed play of a NO DB.  If that idiotic play doesn't happen, Keenum, who by no means looked good in that second half, the entire narrative of this postseason possibly changes for the better.  Keenum then looked like complete ass in the NFCC game.  Horrible.  

BUT KEENUM HAS WON A PALOFF GAME AND KIRK COUSINS HASN'T SO HE IS BETTER THAN COUSINS!!!

40 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Just curious, with their respective contracts, which player do you think made the bigger commitment to his team.

Alex Smith to the Redskins or Kirk Cousins to the Vikings ?

Or...you could say which team made the bigger commitment to Cousins?   There are two ways to look at it.  In this case I tend to side with Cousins.  For better or worse Cousins wanted out....to escape the dysfunctional asylum called the Redskins...and to play for a well-managed team that had a chance to win Super Bowls.  I for one do not blame him for that nor begrudge him the opportunity.  After 47 years of following the Redskins, I will officially become a Vikings fan once Cousins signs with the 49ers right up there with them.  It is a new era where fans no longer need to blindly follow the local geographical team.  

10 minutes ago, XtremeFan55 said:

Or...you could say which team made the bigger commitment to Cousins?   There are two ways to look at it.  In this case I tend to side with Cousins.  For better or worse Cousins wanted out....to escape the dysfunctional asylum called the Redskins...and to play for a well-managed team that had a chance to win Super Bowls.  I for one do not blame him for that nor begrudge him the opportunity.  After 47 years of following the Redskins, I will officially become a Vikings fan once Cousins signs with the 49ers right up there with them.  It is a new era where fans no longer need to blindly follow the local geographical team.  

Farewell and good luck. 

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Farewell and good luck. 

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

and don't come back. Fan = Fanatics. That may be another upside to the FO..cleaning out the chaff.

25 minutes ago, XtremeFan55 said:

...to escape the dysfunctional asylum called the Redskins...and to play for a well-managed team that had a chance to win Super Bowls.   After 47 years of following the Redskins, I will officially become a Vikings fan ...... with the 49ers right up there with them.  It is a new era where fans no longer need to blindly follow the local geographical team.  

Smith continued by saying the culture from the 49ers wasn't healthy, and that he knew it wasn't right

"Forget the coaching changes, I'm talking just the culture of the building was not (good). Unhealthy. Completely dysfunctional.

As for the 49ers, one could argue they haven't learned much in the time since Smith left the franchise

http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/news/alex-smith-san-francisco-49ers-news-graham-bensinger-chiefs-nfl-stats/14h9ftmoxuurm1hbkz1byiqdn2

12 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

That may be another upside to the FO..cleaning out the chaff.

Lol dude, they are getting close to having as many local fans as the 1983 Colts before they made their move.

But yeah they're just taking out the garbage and will soon commence another 20 year run of greatness sparked by getting rid of the best Redskins Qb since Sonny Jurgensen and replacing him with Alex Smith (for almost the same guaranteed money) 

:rofl89:

5 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Lol dude, they are getting close to having as many local fans as the 1983 Colts before they made their move.

But yeah they're just taking out the garbage and will soon commence another 20 year run of greatness sparked by getting rid of the best Redskins Qb since Sonny Jurgensen and replacing him with Alex Smith (for almost the same guaranteed money) 

There ya go! Glad to see you finally see the plan!! Welcome aboard! Tony Korny accepts all passengers!

kornybandwagon0112.jpg

Honestly I think what I hate the most about Kirk Cousins is to see a once great fan base leave with him. I don't think he's worth it. But whatever it's your life. Shame y'all are so in love with the dude that your years of fandom crumbled before his mighty awesomeness. 

At least you are happy :(

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Honestly I think what I hate the most about Kirk Cousins is to see a once great fan base leave with him. I don't think he's worth it. But whatever it's your life. Shame y'all are so in love with the dude that your years of fandom crumbled before his mighty awesomeness. 

I'm with you. no player, cousins included, is ever bigger than the team. however, if fans do depart its more like the final straw and camels back scenario. plus i don't expect many will truly abandon ship. its the offseason and the dysfunction is long and strong with this franchise, folks are simply exhausted from the never ending BS.

15 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Who exactly are you talking to?

Theres like 2 or 3 people on this board that have talked about moving on with Kirk.

For only one of them does it seem it has anything to do with being “so in love with the dude”.

For the last few months, I actually longed for the days where folks moved the goal posts about his play and dissected every pass.  Atleast that’s somewhat objective.  But all this crap about him being a lying con man and so be it is exactly that, crap.  Jilted ex lover crap mostly by folks that never liked him in the first place.  

Like I’ve said on numerous occasions, this has less to do with Kirk Cousins and more to do with where we currently are and how we got here.

I guess. All I know is I'm still rooting for the team to win and alot of the Kirk fans are doing the exact opposite. Makes me like him even less and makes me more disappointed than usual in this team/fanbase. 

Some of the exact stuff being said about Kirk you call crap you said about past players yourself I would bet. And if not you I know for a fact others have. I just think it's crazy that Redskins fans are rooting for the Vikings starting QB to succeed more than they are the Redskins. What kind of **** is that?

19 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Loving the Redskins is like loving your drug addict brother in law.  After so long, you just don't have any more love to give. The dysfunction and stupid can't be fixed.  Did you see we just gave 8M to a #3 receiver who has had an ACL and a hammy cripple a couple seasons and in his best year caught 44 balls? And he had the Great Wizard of Wilson throwing to him. Better or worse than 6M to a failed QB to play WR? I don't know.

I'm in a crappy mood. Can ya tell?

It can be the last straw if that's what you want to call it. But I think it's just an excuse to run away from something you weren't really committed to anyway. Honestly and I don't mean to call your fandom into question so don't take it that way. 

It just weak to me to be a quitter. But I get it. Couple home boys of mine are green bay fans now. Nephew was a skins fan but went eagles during the McNabb era. GF only watches the skins for me but roots for the Seahawks. 

I'm becoming a dying breed. Loyal Skins Fan. ****s wack to me. Makes me sad all honesty. 

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I guess. All I know is I'm still rooting for the team to win and alot of the Kirk fans are doing the exact opposite. Makes me like him even less and makes me more disappointed than usual in this team/fanbase. 

Some of the exact stuff being said about Kirk you call crap you said about past players yourself I would bet. And if not you I know for a fact others have. I just think it's crazy that Redskins fans are rooting for the Vikings starting QB to succeed more than they are the Redskins. What kind of **** is that?

I think there is a difference between rooting for the Skins to lose and expecting it. 

You’re right that I said some bad things about guys on their way out. But I also fully admit to previously being a naive dumbass fan that bought whatever these guys were selling.  

I simply don’t see what’s going on right now as anyone actively rooting against the Skins.  If anything, that’s been the easiest thing to do over the past couple decades.  Anyone rooting against the Skins should be a happy camper.  What I do see are folks that lack optimism for the team in its current state.

Just now, Fat Stupid Loser said:

45 years for me. Ain't nobody sadder.

You put way more in than Kirk Cousins. 

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I simply don’t see what’s going on right now as anyone actively rooting against the Skins. 

Multiple people straight up said it 

I want Cousins to succeed because I think that's the easiest way of getting rid of Bruce. If this all works out and we are a good team next year, then great. I'm skeptical of that. 

We're run by people that factor fan and media perception into their decisions way too much. How long has this team needed the true rebuild that is never going to happen because we always need to try and save someone's job? Bruce needs to save face so we give up a good young player and a 3rd for an older QB. If the rumor's true we don't trade Kirk Cousins last offseason to the 49ers because Dan doesn't want to be embarrassed by Kyle Shanahan.

I think we're headed for 7-9, 8-8 type seasons over the next few years. I want change and Snyder will lose his mind if Cousins gets to a Super Bowl.

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Multiple people straight up said it 

I believe there is always a caveat provided in that if the Skins fall on their face and Kirk kicks ass, Dan will be forced to clean house.

Its almost a cant lose scenario for someone like me.  Skins surprise me and play well, good for me.  Skins blow ass, and the fan apathy could be the nail in Allen’s coffin.

The only way I can lose is if we get more of the same middling, which in my opinion is most likely.  

Edit: I promise that I did not read PF Chang’s response prior to posting.  We pretty much said the exact same thing at the exact same time.

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Back to Kirk. He should do well. I hope we do better. Way better. 

This pretty much sums it up.  Hope.  Nobody is telling anyone not to hope.  If not for hope, this place wouldn’t even exist anymore.  I hope to win the Mega Millions and quit my job.  I also realize the odds of that happening are slim to none.

Archived