Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

@Momma There Goes That Man The best resolution to the night king plot is if he took a bad step, fell on his own ice spear and turned into ice cubes after Jon and Danny met to get out of the way for the plot 90% of the fans of the show care about. 

Then we would have had plenty of time to sort out the whole Danny goes mad thing, and we wouldn’t have had a pointless battle episode.

I didn’t care for this episode because they didn’t set up Danny “snapping” we’ll enogh. I think minus the whole useless Night King/WW plotline which they needed to wrap upon some meaningful way, they just didn’t have enough time in the season to let it breathe. 

10 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It really is which is why it’s still so frustrating because every other aspect of this show is still pretty incredible with the lone exception being the writing. 

Hell i went back and watched The Long Night on my phone and it’s basically a completely different episode from what I could tell was actually happening during the battle. I could see everything clearly which wasnt the case watching it live or the next day and that was my only production complaint from this season.

How dare you disrespect Ryan Gosling like this  

Looks like the Goz to me. Either it's him or Josh Rosen.

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

@Momma There Goes That Man The best resolution to the night king plot is if he took a bad step, fell on his own ice spear and turned into ice cubes after Jon and Danny met to get out of the way for the plot 90% of the fans of the show care about. 

Then we would have had plenty of time to sort out the whole Danny goes mad thing, and we wouldn’t have had a pointless battle episode.

I didn’t care for this episode because they didn’t set up Danny “snapping” we’ll enogh. I think minus the whole useless Night King/WW plotline which they needed to wrap upon some meaningful way, they just didn’t have enough time in the season to let it breathe. 

I think every problem with writing of the last two seasons can be traced back to there just not being enough time and things being rushed or shortcuts being taken. 

This is the biggest show in the world, the flagship program for a generation. I really can’t believe HBO didn’t demand at least two full length final seasons. It’s stunning they even took the chance of letting the end of this show be rushed which always opens the door to lowered quality 

https://deadline.com/2019/05/game-of-thrones-creators-david-benioff-db-weiss-shop-global-overall-deal-1202615764/

‘Game Of Thrones’ Creators David Benioff & D.B. Weiss Shop Global Overall Deal

While millions will be tuning in to watch the Game of Thrones finale Sunday night that they wrote and directed which decides once and for all who sits on the Iron Throne and rules Westeros, Deadline hears David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have six studios waiting on a cliffhanger over what they do next. Those companies are vying to be the place where the duo next creates, writes, directs and produces film and television projects going forward.

Game Of ThronesDeadline hears that Benioff and Weiss have met with six big media companies that want the duo to sign an overall global deal with them for film, TV and streaming projects. They’ve met with HBO/WarnerMedia, Disney, Comcast, as well as the streaming companies Netflix, Amazon and Apple.

Edited by visionary
  • Haha 1

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have six studios waiting on a cliffhanger over what they do next. Those companies are vying to be the place where the duo next creates, writes, directs and produces film and television projects going forward.

tenor.gif?itemid=9828637

• Like 1

Count me in with those disappointed with this season due to the execution. I’m just curious how they could possibly end it that would add any satisfaction?

i think we are stuck down the Jon kills Danny route and he sets the kingdoms free. Unsure how they even factor in Sansa. 

Had a friend who is convinced that Gendry will rule and Arya will be his hand. I about died of that thought if it goes down that path. 

30 minutes ago, hockeysc23 said:

Count me in with those disappointed with this season due to the execution. I’m just curious how they could possibly end it that would add any satisfaction?

Kingdom burns with whoever is the final victor watching the flames.  Scene cuts to early summer morning in Winterfell.  Zoom through the window to the bedroom.

Ned: "Oh man, I had a really vivid nightmare."

Catelyn: "What was it?"

Ned: "Let me brew up a cup of joe and tell you all about it.  Btw, I'm thinking we should probably pass on going to King's Landing"

Edited by bearrock
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I really don't think the majority of people have an issue with the actual plot points and/or whatever the end game is going to be.

The problem is it really seems they became bored with the project the past few seasons and, if that was the case, should have handed over the show to someone else to properly finish over another full season or two.  Going from the first 4-5 seasons to the last few is extremely jarring - almost like reading full novels for 75% of the series and then inexplicably switching to cliff notes to finish.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Kingdom burns with whoever is the final victor watching the flames.  Scene cuts to early summer morning in Winterfell.  Zoom through the window to the bedroom.

Ned: "Oh man, I had a really vivid nightmare."

Catelyn: "What was it?"

Ned: "Let me brew up a cup of joe and tell you all about it.  Btw, I'm thinking we should probably pass on going to King's Landing"

And people would still defend it and argue it was a great ending.  

Im hoping Jon Snow suddenly turns evil and murders all remaining major characters.  It would fit with the rest of this laughably bad season.

• Haha 2

I think we can all agree that the season hasn't been as good as it could be (theoretically).  The difference is I see where we are as a team winning a championship game in a bit of a sloppy but fun manner, with some key players underperforming, and others doing better than expected.

The Super Bowl is next and it’s unclear whether the team will be able to win it after the way they’ve gotten through the last few games.  That said just getting this far one last time before a lot of the key players retire and the coach goes to another team has been a treat to watch.  

• Like 2

This would have been a great season if it had been ten instead of 6 episodes. Whereas season 5 dragged on intolerably while the writers tread water waiting for GRRM to provide reference material (every episode - arya ninja training, dumbass "open the fighting pits..."), the last season and a half have had too many plots badly rushed, and most of all too many absurd scenarios, beginning with Beyond the Wall Gendry running back and getting a raven dispatched fast enough for Dany to send dragons. I would have preferred Brandon's mark providing the ability for the Nightking to breach the wall, or some other plot device.

No reason for Euron to wash ashore in time and place to duel Jamie, other than cheap fan service.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

No reason for Euron to wash ashore in time and place to duel Jamie, other than cheap fan service.

Anything with Euron can't be fan service because he has no fans. Maybe if they launched him from a scorpion it would be fan service. 

• Haha 6

34 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

In one of the shots of Kings Landing and the Red Keep you can see the Iron Fleet burning in the background. They are ****ing miles away. They are on the damn horizon. Yet Cersei for some reason thought they’d be able to shoot a dragon still and also, Euron swam all the way back there in the exact 15 second window that Jaime walked by lol 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, visionary said:

I think we can all agree that the season hasn't been as good as it could be (theoretically).  The difference is I see where we are as a team winning a championship game in a bit of a sloppy but fun manner, with some key players underperforming, and others doing better than expected.

The Super Bowl is next and it’s unclear whether the team will be able to win it after the way they’ve gotten through the last few games.  That said just getting this far one last time before a lot of the key players retire and the coach goes to another team has been a treat to watch.  

This entire season has pretty much been Seattle deciding to throw the ball instead of handing off to Lynch. 

• Haha 6

Rory McCann: I’m probably the same as most actors [when we get scripts]. First thing we do is find our bits — to hell with everyone else, when am I going to die? What the hell is going to go on? — but I was aware of quite a few actors who said they didn’t do that. I didn’t actually believe them, but when we got together for the read-through I could see by the tears and shock some of them really didn’t know what was going on. Particularly Kit Harington [who plays Jon Snow]. That was funny. He had no idea, he was just in shock. But I’d read my bits, so it was very exciting. I remember bringing a big trumpet and keeping it underneath the table; I told [writer] Bryan Cogman, who usually does all the narration in between the dialogue with great passion, to take a pause when Gregor and Sandor meet for the final showdown. I brought the trumpet out and blew it with the whole cast in the room. I don’t think they knew what was going on but it was me pretending that Clegane Bowl is on.

Rory McCann: Am I going to ever have a greater written story or character that’s so perfect for me? The amount of different directors was a great opportunity too. Working with the best of the best. They all work differently, so I learned a lot from that. I still haven’t watched the whole show, but I may try to set up a projector on my boat and play Game of Thrones on my main sail as I go. One of my sails has a dog on it as well. It’s just a little nod.

I felt like [creators] David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss] knew me so well that when I opened up the scripts in the last few years it was almost the way I talk, and my mannerisms. They used parts of me big time. It’s never going to be the same again. They understood us. We were having dinner at David and Dan’s house in Belfast and I cracked open a beautiful bottle of whiskey. And it was late, and I was doing the main part of my fight with the Mountain the next day and Dan stood up and said, “You have a big day tomorrow,” and took my glass away. And I sounded like a little boy saying, “But I don’t want to go home!” I had to leave the party early. It was like a family thing. Course, the next day when I was getting tossed down the stairs I said to him, “Do you not think it would have been better if I had been still drunk?” 

I’ll miss all of that, but I’m glad it’s over as well. I won’t miss the hours of makeup and hulking around the armor, I can see myself when we started, I’ve got no gray in my beard, and now I do and I’m hobbling around like an old man. But happy memories. I’ll heal soon. It’s never going to be as good as Game of Thrones, it can’t be, but boy were we lucky. 

Edited by visionary
  • Like 5