Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

8 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Iffy writing but amazing screen play. 

Just rewatched. Guys. I think Arya may actually be dead. That scene was beautiful but so out of place and very dream-like. And then the white horse. 

Jon needs something besides “you went CrZy” to just kill Dany. If he finds aryas body ... 

LOL, I don't think she's dead.  At least not yet.  😓   She's in the next episode.  Unless she's a ghost or they continued her dream sequence between episodes...which would be really weird.  

5 hours ago, max21 said:

Arya is definitely 100% not dead 

Maybe this near death experience will remind her that she’s an agent of the many faces god.  She seems to have forgotten all about it this season.  She even went after the queen without a disguise, despite the fact that she could have gone in as someone else entirely.  A magical assassin that can infiltrate any place by wearing the right face, just walked in the front door with the hound.  I was expecting it to turn into an action movie and that they were just going to fight their way through everyone.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, visionary said:

That’s probably a scene from season 6.  The creation of the Night’s King, I think?

I believe Naomi Watts is starring in the pilot though, unless that’s changed.

Yeah apparently the whole spinoff is about the children of the Forrest and the first men/creation of the white walkers. 

2 hours ago, max21 said:

Yeah apparently the whole spinoff is about the children of the Forrest and the first men/creation of the white walkers. 

Now that the WW's turned out to be nothing, it's not an interesting story any more.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Destino said:

Maybe this near death experience will remind her that she’s an agent of the many faces god.  She seems to have forgotten all about it this season.  She even went after the queen without a disguise, despite the fact that she could have gone in as someone else entirely.  A magical assassin that can infiltrate any place by wearing the right face, just walked in the front door with the hound.  I was expecting it to turn into an action movie and that they were just going to fight their way through everyone.

Right, she travels what....3 months by horse to get to KL. Get through all the guards and people to only turn back at the last second because the hound told her to? And then Cersei and Jaime literally walk through the exact area she was. 

The number one person on her list for the entire show basically she just walks away from. That was extremely frustrating and goes against everything her character has been built up to be. Basically D&D needed someone to follow through the hell that Danny created so they used her because shes someone most people like the most. 

13 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

A positive post: From a cinematic stand point, the shot of Arya just before she walks to the white horse was beautiful.

@ 1:05

It really is which is why it’s still so frustrating because every other aspect of this show is still pretty incredible with the lone exception being the writing. 

Hell i went back and watched The Long Night on my phone and it’s basically a completely different episode from what I could tell was actually happening during the battle. I could see everything clearly which wasnt the case watching it live or the next day and that was my only production complaint from this season.

10 hours ago, kfrankie said:

Is that Ryan Gosling? I thought this fantasy universe would try to stay away  from casting the big stars.

How dare you disrespect Ryan Gosling like this  

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

13 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Okay well never mind on that one. Then the ending was just a cool scene. But man she got beat up

It would have been really cool if she was dead and that was how they portrayed it. That horse and her survival didn’t make sense anyway. 

I dont even know what they were trying to do there if she wasn’t going to die. Why do I need to see her beaten up like that? Those scenes would have all been better if it was Jon on the ground tying to save people and nearly dying and seeing Dany’s destruction first hand. We know he saw it but we saw Arya go thru that and it would make more sense for a Dany Jon conflict next episode for us to see Jon go thru that and see directly the devastation he experienced 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It wouldn’t be the same thing every week like that and it wouldn’t always be Jon or the NK. The hardhome reference was simply that it was a pretty entertaining 20 minute end of an episode. We don’t need to have full episode battles like TLN or BOTB or Blackwater. 

These are legitimately terrible ideas and it's ok for you to admit it as such.

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I dont even know what they were trying to do there if she wasn’t going to die. Why do I need to see her beaten up like that?

Because if the perspective is Dany burning the city, a part of your brain is thinking, "Bad ass!!!"

Because if the perspective is a bunch of extras running for their lives, your brain is thinking, "Wow...that looked real!"

Because if the perspective is Arya - possibly the most popular character on the show at this point - you are thinking, "Holy ****! Get the **** out of there! Why is this happening?"

I honestly feel like it's possible GOT is your first exposure to tv or movie storytelling. You need to go to the Nickelodeon more often.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

These are legitimately terrible ideas and it's ok for you to admit it as such.

There is no world that exists where these ideas are worse when the garbage that we were actually given.

I get that you have an anti-fantasy bias and only got interested in the show because you saw baby dragons crawling on some tits while you were flipping channels, but it is a letdown to the actual story, not your own personal

intersts which are clouding your judgement. I think an objective look at the story that was setup over 7+ seasons shows that they should have been a bigger part of the story before conclusion. It’s the greatest Chekhov’s gun in history. You repeatedly say something is important, is a massive big deal, is the greatest thing you’ll face for an entire decade and then it’s actually not. 

26 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Because if the perspective is Dany burning the city, a part of your brain is thinking, "Bad ass!!!"

Because if the perspective is a bunch of extras running for their lives, your brain is thinking, "Wow...that looked real!"

Because if the perspective is Arya - possibly the most popular character on the show at this point - you are thinking, "Holy ****! Get the **** out of there! Why is this happening?"

I honestly feel like it's possible GOT is your first exposure to tv or movie storytelling. You need to go to the Nickelodeon more often.

well judging by the large amount of people still thinking it was just badass Dany doing badass stuff anyway, showing Arya didn’t do much. 

And yes, lol, I know why they showed Arya. My point was that nothing they accomplished showing her couldn’t have been done better by showing Jon and it also serves the future story more since you show him as part of that carnage and nearly dying. 

Currently, all we were shown that Jon experiences is the Lannister’s being butchered and north men trying to rape innocents. Sure we know he saw more than that but it always happens off screen and we are left connecting our own dots of character motivations lately. 

If you are setting up conflict between the two, let Jon be the one to try to save a mother and child while they turn to ash in front of him. Let him be the one that a building crumbles on. Those are stakes and Jon is every bit as popular as Arya. Arya living or dying doesn’t change the world in any meaningful way but Jon does given his current importance to the throne and Varys writing other lords to buy-in on his claim. But instead we got Arya so we can get a kickass cinematic shot of her against the sunlight and behold a pale horse. Which is just more of the same with this writing, all show and no substance.

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Currently, all we were shown that Jon experiences is the Lannister’s being butchered and north men trying to rape innocents. Sure we know he saw more than that but it always happens off screen and we are left connecting our own dots of character motivations lately. 

If you are setting up conflict between the two, let Jon be the one to try to save a mother and child while they turn to ash in front of him. Let him be the one that a building crumbles on. Those are stakes and Jon is every bit as popular as Arya. Arya living or dying doesn’t change the world in any meaningful way but Jon does given his current importance to the throne and Varys writing other lords to buy-in on his claim. But instead we got Arya so we can get a kickass cinematic shot of her against the sunlight and behold a pale horse. Which is just more of the same with this writing, all show and no substance.

Your take on this show is amazing.

Jon is Ned Starke's son. His true son. He believes in honor above all else - in face of all logic and reason sometimes. He saw the true horror of Dany the moment the first dragon blast was fired after the troops surrendered. He could have been on a hill watching this and the impact on him would be the same. This was wrong and he rights wrong - again in the face of all logic and reason. He fights for the greater good. He would sacrifice Winterfell if it saved lives elsewhere.

Arya doesn't do that. Arya fights for herself and for her family. Frankly, she's much more like Cersei than she is Jon. In order for Dany's genocide to impact her, she needed to be in it - to be impacted by it. I don't think she would be indifferent if she watched this from a hill. But I can't see her going out of her way to avenge it either. I still think she is done with this madness, but if you want to leave the possibility of her killing Dany out there, she has to be impacted by it personally.

Jon fought the Night King to save the world. Arya did to save the Starkes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Also, at the end of the day, Jon being a Targaryan does nothing to Jon's character. Jon was worthy of being King of the Seven Kingdoms years ago. The name he discovered makes it a possibility for other characters to accept that, but it doesn't change Jon or whether he even wants the job.

There is no guarantee that Jon killing Dany or Arya killing Dany makes Jon king. Hell, I think my wild card idea as weird little boobie sucker Arryn as king is kind of interesting since there is literally no one else alive who people could agree on at this point.

(I still think the King should have been Tywin Lannister. I mean, seriously).

• Like 1