Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

1 minute ago, visionary said:

LMAO!  I didn't think we'd ever see him.  I thought his inclusion was cool.  I'm glad they brought back the Arryn kid and Edmure.

Edmure was soo close to parlaying that mill he won for Robb into ruler of the 6 kingdoms lol

Also, that Arryn kid got big. Maybe there is something to breastfeeding into your teens 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

They compromised and basically got the electoral college.

In all seriousness they didn’t really compromise being that the lords will always be the lords and the powerful. The small folk commoners will never have a say in anything just because the powerful get to pick the king doesn’t make anything better really. 

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

In all seriousness they didn’t really compromise being that the lords will always be the lords and the powerful. The small folk commoners will never have a say in anything just because the powerful get to pick the king doesn’t make anything better really. 

Well yeah, electoral college was a joke.

Really they just went from hereditary monarchy to oligarchic monarchy.

PROGRESS!

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

in this fanfic version its alright because the people we're supposed to like are now in power

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

One thing I’m slightly confused about is we were made to believe Jon was resurrected by the lord of light for a reason. What was it? 

Barrick dondarian was resurrected numerous times but died after saving arya and his purpose was fulfilled.

So so we are supposed to believe Jon’s purpose was to kill Dany and ride off into the sunset with the free folk? 

What should have happened:

Dany puts Tyrion on trial, a public spectacle to really humiliate/embarass him in front of whats left of Kings Landing. Jon agonizes over who to side with: his queen/lover or his Stark family. Jon shows up at the very last minute to save Tyrion, where he reveals to the people that he is of Targeryon blood and is the real ruler of the throne. The public side with Jon, confirming Dany's biggest fear(the whole "everyone loves you bit" she gave him after the battle of Winterfell).

Dany refuses this, and with whats left of the Unsullied/Dothraki try to fight their way out of King's Landing against Jon and the Northerners and remnant Lannister soldiers who side with Jon. Jon persues Dany and eventually kills Grey Worm in a 1v1. Jon struggles with what to do with Dany, when out of nowhere Arya shows up to assassinate her, Night King style. Drogon shows up, but Brann uses his powers to restrain him. It consumes him completely though, and he falls over in death, his spirit now essentially living through Drogon from here on out. The remaining Dothraki/Unsullied surrender, and are treated fairly by Jon's troops.

Jon is in a council with Tyrion and other high ranking people. Everyone wants Jon to be King but he refuses, and eventually gives the throne up to Sansa. Jon recommends Sansa name Sir Davos as her Hand. Lady Brienne stays on as Sansa's bodyguard/confidante. Tyrion returns to Castily Rock to rebuild, but is assassinated by Bronn. Arya and Gendry spend their days serving the people of King's Landing. Jon flies off with Drogon, where he gives Dany a proper queen's burial.

• Like 1

How come ep 5 it looked like the entire Red Keep came down on Jaime and Cersei.

Then Tyrion takes a nice leisurely stroll down there. And the only pile of rocks was the one Jaime and Cersei were under.....

See the source image

Edited by CRobi21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Arya spent all that time learning the dark arts and only used it once

what a waste

Once?  She used face changing multiple times and killed a ton of people with it, and also other skills she learned.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Regardless of how I feel about the ending (Bran?!?!), I think they needed way more episodes to flesh out the story.  It felt like a cliff notes version.

It's a shame we didn't get more with Bran early on.  In the books he was one of my favorite characters and was learning how to rule before Theon took over.  We got some great stuff with him in season six and great bits since then, but I really wish they had given us more. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

What should have happened:

Dany puts Tyrion on trial, a public spectacle to really humiliate/embarass him in front of whats left of Kings Landing. Jon agonizes over who to side with: his queen/lover or his Stark family. Jon shows up at the very last minute to save Tyrion, where he reveals to the people that he is of Targeryon blood and is the real ruler of the throne. The public side with Jon, confirming Dany's biggest fear(the whole "everyone loves you bit" she gave him after the battle of Winterfell).

Dany refuses this, and with whats left of the Unsullied/Dothraki try to fight their way out of King's Landing against Jon and the Northerners and remnant Lannister soldiers who side with Jon. Jon persues Dany and eventually kills Grey Worm in a 1v1. Jon struggles with what to do with Dany, when out of nowhere Arya shows up to assassinate her, Night King style. Drogon shows up, but Brann uses his powers to restrain him. It consumes him completely though, and he falls over in death, his spirit now essentially living through Drogon from here on out. The remaining Dothraki/Unsullied surrender, and are treated fairly by Jon's troops.

Jon is in a council with Tyrion and other high ranking people. Everyone wants Jon to be King but he refuses, and eventually gives the throne up to Sansa. Jon recommends Sansa name Sir Davos as her Hand. Lady Brienne stays on as Sansa's bodyguard/confidante. Tyrion returns to Castily Rock to rebuild, but is assassinated by Bronn. Arya and Gendry spend their days serving the people of King's Landing. Jon flies off with Drogon, where he gives Dany a proper queen's burial.

that was terrible too 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

One thing I’m slightly confused about is we were made to believe Jon was resurrected by the lord of light for a reason. What was it? 

To maintain the status quo in Westeros.  

36 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Barrick dondarian was resurrected numerous times but died after saving arya and his purpose was fulfilled.

So so we are supposed to believe Jon’s purpose was to kill Dany and ride off into the sunset with the free folk? 

Well, somebody needed to yell at the zombie dragon

• Haha 1