Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYMAG: Who is QAnon? The Storm Conspiracy, Explained

No Excuses

4 minutes ago, China said:

Clearly he took a few too many shots to the head.

Maybe his girlfriend as well.

Ortiz, who has twin sons with adult film star Jenna Jameson, has been a controversial figure in the Orange County enclave.

His sons were sent home from an Ocean View School District middle school on May 18 after they arrived without masks, the Orange County Register reported.

Ortiz’s girlfriend Amber Nichole Miller posted videos on Facebook showing the boys walking barefaced into school with a note saying they qualified for a “religious exemption.”

17 hours ago, Chachie said:

It's one thing for Trump to misuse the military while he's president. It's entirely another to oppose a now Biden-controlled military. I welcome this "coup" because it will definitely erase the MAGA/Q problem in short and immaculate order.

Everytime one of these idiots talk about a civil war, coup, sedition, etc, they seem to think they're going to be fighting people like myself. Don't they realize that they would be going up against the force of the US military and all of their technology? I'm with you, I say quit ****ing and go ahead and start a war. Just like Bull Run, I'm going to grab me a picnic basket and watch this "tragedy" happen live.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Everytime one of these idiots talk about a civil war, coup, sedition, etc, they seem to think they're going to be fighting people like myself. Don't they realize that they would be going up against the force of the US military and all of their technology? I'm with you, I say quit ****ing and go ahead and start a war. Just like Bull Run, I'm going to grab me a picnic basket and watch this "tragedy" happen live.

And there's the crux of it, they have built this fantasy wherein they are the tough guys, the true warriors, the __________ (fill in the blank) whatever cartoon John Wick touch yourself delusion they foster.

They're not

There is a small % that might put up a fight but they are huddled in a crowd of fat, old, stupid assholes that are only a threat to groceries. I am so goddamned tired of hearing them prattle on, as far as I'm concerned let's go, stop talkin and walk the walk you ****s.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Simmsy said:

8 hours ago, LD0506 said:

And there's the crux of it, they have built this fantasy wherein they are the tough guys, the true warriors, the __________ (fill in the blank) whatever cartoon John Wick touch yourself delusion they foster.

They're not

There is a small % that might put up a fight but they are huddled in a crowd of fat, old, stupid assholes that are only a threat to groceries. I am so goddamned tired of hearing them prattle on, as far as I'm concerned let's go, stop talkin and walk the walk you ****s.

Yea, just like those Neanderthals living in caves in Afghanistan could never be able to put up a fight against the money and technology of the armies of the US or Russia.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/2/2021 at 12:35 AM, China said:

Trump is Reportedly Telling People He Will Be Reinstated as President By August

Former President Donald Trump is telling people that he expects to get reinstated in the White House by August, according to New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman.

Haberman shared this rather stunning detail in response to a CNN segment from Donie O’Sullivan.  The video features a number of QAnon followers lauding a Myanmar-style coup of the U.S. government to replace President Joe Biden with Trump.

Click on the link for the full story

Maggie Haberman Is Right

Donald Trump really does believe that he, along with two former GOP senators, will be ‘reinstated’ to office this summer.

Two days ago, the New York Times’s Maggie Haberman reported that Donald Trump “has been telling a number of people he’s in contact with that he expects he will get reinstated by August.” In response, many figures on the right inserted their fingers into their ears and started screaming about fake news.

Instead, they should have listened — because Haberman’s reporting was correct. I can attest, from speaking to an array of different sources, that Donald Trump does indeed believe quite genuinely that he — along with former senators David Perdue and Martha McSally — will be “reinstated” to office this summer after “audits” of the 2020 elections in Arizona, Georgia, and a handful of other states have been completed. I can attest, too, that Trump is trying hard to recruit journalists, politicians, and other influential figures to promulgate this belief — not as a fundraising tool or an infantile bit of trolling or a trial balloon, but as a fact.

It will be tempting for weary conservatives to dismiss this information as “old news” or as “an irrelevance.” It will be tempting, too, to downplay the enormity of what is being claimed, or to change the subject, or to attack the messengers by implying that they must “hate” Trump and his voters. But such temptations should be assiduously avoided. We are not talking here about a fringe figure within the Republican tent, but about a man who hopes to make support for his outlandish claims “a litmus test of sorts as he decides whom to endorse for state and federal contests in 2022 and 2024.” Conservatives understand why it mattered that the press lost its collective mind over Russia after Trump’s fair-and-square victory in 2016. They understand why it mattered that Hillary Clinton publicly described Trump as an “illegitimate president” who had “stolen” the election. And they understand why it mattered that Jimmy Carter insisted that Trump had “lost the election” and been “put into office because the Russians interfered.” They should understand why this matters, too.

The scale of Trump’s delusion is quite startling. 

Click on the link for the full article

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yea, just like those Neanderthals living in caves in Afghanistan could never be able to put up a fight against the money and technology of the armies of the US or Russia.

Hardly a good comparison. The Afghanis have been fighting for millennia, they still talk about kickin Alexander the Great's ass. Guerrilla warfare is in their DNA, hell, it IS their DNA. Just like the Vietnamese who have been holding the Chinese at bay forever. 

Are we seriously going to draw parallels between them and Meal Team 6? They might be able to bump off grandma's bingo game but send their asses into the hood, they won't come out.

10 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Hardly a good comparison. The Afghanis have been fighting for millennia, they still talk about kickin Alexander the Great's ass. Guerrilla warfare is in their DNA, hell, it IS their DNA. Just like the Vietnamese who have been holding the Chinese at bay forever. 

Are we seriously going to draw parallels between them and Meal Team 6? They might be able to bump off grandma's bingo game but send their asses into the hood, they won't come out.

There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent.   -Lao Tzu

It’s fun to laugh and call them Gravy Seals and whatever.  But there is a scary amount of people who we should actually be concerned about that actually have training, dedication, and willpower to cause problems.  The concern isn’t a blue vs grey civil war.  But home grown insurgents practicing guerilla war tactics is a very real and scary possibility.  How many combat vets are full blown trump-nutters?  Active duty military?  Red states national guard?  

Remember, Michael Flynn was the DDIA.  You think he was the only crazy **** to pass under the radar?

• Like 6

Not to get too far off topic, but the Afghan warrior mentality actually goes back to the Mongol invasion. Afghanistan used to be a wealthy urban society benefitting from its position along the Silk Road. When Hulagu and company came in, they burned all the cities down and massacred their inhabitants, leaving the fighting mountain men as the only survivors, which produced the warlord society that lives on ever since

Afghans  (Bactrians) I believe fought alongside Alexander.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

It’s fun to laugh and call them Gravy Seals and whatever.  But there is a scary amount of people who we should actually be concerned about that actually have training, dedication, and willpower to cause problems.  The concern isn’t a blue vs grey civil war.  But home grown insurgents practicing guerilla war tactics is a very real and scary possibility.  How many combat vets are full blown trump-nutters?  Active duty military?  Red states national guard?  

Remember, Michael Flynn was the DDIA.  You think he was the only crazy **** to pass under the radar?

And you're right, there is a hard core of people with real training and skills willing to go to war against this country because of whatever the hell that derangement is. But in numbers, or percentages, they are relatively small. Even if gathered together (effectively leaving everywhere else stripped bare of effective fighters) they would/could only constitute what, a division? And that's not going to be possible, so you'll end up with four guys that know WTF they're doing trying to turn the Jan 6 dregs into the Wolverines.

Start adding up all the vets that are not going to be traitors, all the vets who are minorities, their families and friends (because we know that support/logistics is where it's at), all the old guys like me who kinda figure hell, I'm gettin old, I've lived a decent life and if I gotta go I'm gonna take some of them with me (a sentiment I've heard a surprising number of times tbh), etc, etc, and the number/power imbalance is staggering. 

Would it be quick/easy/painless? Oh hell no, dumbasses can always inflict a lot of damage even when they're undirected but would the ultimate result seriously be in doubt? 

It's like this, IMO their strength of being diffuse and infiltrated into the populace is also their great weakness, they have no coherent concept of structure or higher purpose. If you asked them to count off you'd hear "1...1...1...1...1...1...1........"

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Haha! Gravy Seals! I haven't heard that one before.

These people are dangerous, but their danger doesn't come from their weapons cache, military knowledge or physical prowess (if there actually was any). Their threat level comes from how incredibly stupid and completely gullible they are for any "false prophet" to lead them to believe and do anything. Doesn't mean they can or will do it well, like we saw on Jan 6. They come to overthrow the government and all they managed to do was barely scale a wall, get lost and smear **** on the walls. They only made it that far because of their sheer numbers and the lack of resistance by the proper authorities.

Can they cause some damage? Sure. Am I worried about these mouth breathers? Nope. In fact, I say let all of the ones charged with a crime out of jail. Ship them to the Capitol when Trump is supposed to rise again and give them a second chance to do what they failed to do the first time. Only this go around, the police have proper numbers and aren't afraid to shoot to kill. Now that, I would love to watch.

3 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

And you're right, there is a hard core of people with real training and skills willing to go to war against this country because of whatever the hell that derangement is. But in numbers, or percentages, they are relatively small. Even if gathered together (effectively leaving everywhere else stripped bare of effective fighters) they would/could only constitute what, a division? And that's not going to be possible, so you'll end up with four guys that know WTF they're doing trying to turn the Jan 6 dregs into the Wolverines.

Start adding up all the vets that are not going to be traitors, all the vets who are minorities, their families and friends (because we know that support/logistics is where it's at), all the old guys like me who kinda figure hell, I'm gettin old, I've lived a decent life and if I gotta go I'm gonna take some of them with me (a sentiment I've heard a surprising number of times tbh), etc, etc, and the number/power imbalance is staggering. 

Would it be quick/easy/painless? Oh hell no, dumbasses can always inflict a lot of damage even when they're undirected but would the ultimate result seriously be in doubt? 

It's like this, IMO their strength of being diffuse and infiltrated into the populace is also their great weakness, they have no coherent concept of structure or higher purpose. If you asked them to count off you'd hear "1...1...1...1...1...1...1........"

I think we can have a really good discussion on how this would/could play out but this probably isn’t the thread for it.  I started a Civil War-ish thread a while ago that would probably be better for this.  But I’ll end the conversation in this thread by saying I’m no saying the people could “win” some type of war.  And who even knows what the definition of “winning” that would be.  But just laughing them off as Meal Team-6 is a mistake.  For every fat-**** cosplay who couldn’t survive the trip up the stairs from their mom’s basement, there is some one who could put together a little training and planning to make things bad.  Pair that person up with a dozen half-way physically capable people and a few hours worth of planning, combine that with a gun collection and ammo supply put together after decades of being scared of “big brother coming for me”, and you have a group that is quite formidable.  This stuff isn’t even in my background but I’m sure I could come up with a decent plan in a few hours.  Especially since we don’t know the definition of “winning”, their concern may not be to beat the government forces but to make life difficult enough that the government has to come down with a heavy hand over a whole area.  That is how to start pulling in the hearts and minds of others.  Mix in a few attacks on supply lines and **** gets bad quick.

• Like 3

LD0506:  All of the gravy seals in America would get swiftly annihilated by the US military on an actual field of battle. 

Judge’s ruling:   TRUE!

Great Buzz:  Some of those folks are trained and motivated and could cause lots of problems *in the US* if they decided to be conduct an insurgency.

Judge’s ruling:  ALSO VERY TRUE!

You are both right, but you are having different conversations. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

LD0506:  All of the gravy seals in America would get swiftly annihilated by the US military on an actual field of battle. 

Judge’s ruling:   TRUE!

Great Buzz:  Some of those folks are trained and motivated and could cause lots of problems *in the US* if they decided to be conduct an insurgency.

Judge’s ruling:  ALSO VERY TRUE!

You are both right, but you are having different conversations. 

"You are both right, but you are having different conversations."

Judge Tim's ruling: WRONG! THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN ON ES. EVER.

• Haha 6

The Fauci email leak stuff is another head scratcher of a thing, but I have come to the conclusion that the people thinking they are a smoking gun of any sort consist of two groups

1) Right-wing media being purposely dishonest, once again

2) People who get all their news and opinions from right-wing media and never actually listened to Fauci's own words in full and only ever heard them clipped, edited, and with right-wing commentary thrown in. You know the types, the ones who think Rand Paul really "toooooold" Fauci. LOL.

The emails basically just repeat what the man has been saying for over a year now, stuff like masks are to help stop the spread by stopping a sick person from giving it to others, not the other way around.  Another example is that a symptomatic person is more likely to spread the virus than an asymptomatic person.   All these FB & Twitter posts captioning these emails with "A-ha....knew it!"  I am just like....knew WHAT?  The things Fauci said in 2020?   Oh what, because his emails to colleagues aren't as professionally worded and written out it somehow changes the content of what he saying?  Huh?   

Edited by NoCalMike

The people going nuts about the Fauci emails are the same people who believe the conspiracies about how he was part of a group who created AIDS (seriously) and how he was also part of COVID being made (again, seriously)...this guy must be the most assuming supervillain in world history.

So they already have the "truth" of the matter in their heads. Anything they can find that can be twisted to support that truth they'll howl about. And also...holy moly is this stuff being amplified by the RWNJ media. If you go to places like Breitbart or Gateway Pundit they have headlines screaming about how Fauci is "caught" and how his arrest is imminent. 

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

The people going nuts about the Fauci emails are the same people who believe the conspiracies about how he was part of a group who created AIDS (seriously) and how he was also part of COVID being made (again, seriously)...this guy must be the most assuming supervillain in world history.

My hairdresser was babbling this exact nonsense last time I was in her chair, months ago.  It took everything I had to keep my blood pressure in check. 

• Confused 1

The Far-Right Paramilitary Wannabes Feeding Mike Flynn’s Conspiracy Machine

When QAnon conspiracy theorists descended on a Dallas event hall in late May for their convention, they were met at the door by members of 1st Amendment Praetorian, a tough-talking new volunteer group devoted to running security at MAGA events, assembling “intelligence” dossiers on perceived Trumpist foes, and foiling threats from “antifa” protesters, real or imagined.

Decked out in black shirts bearing their group’s Roman-helmet logo, the self-proclaimed Praetorian members soon found that Dallas was light on antifa. Instead, they helped to bounce a few reporters, including one from The Daily Beast.

The QAnon conference marked a new high-profile stage for the group. Its co-founder, former Green Beret Robert Patrick Lewis, tweeted a photo of himself unfurling a Pine Tree flag—a Revolutionary War-era emblem appropriated by the far right—with disgraced former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and then-Texas GOP Chairman Allen West.

In an interview with The Daily Beast, Lewis tried to take a tamer tone, insisting he has never wanted to see political bloodshed—and accused leftists and Democrats of trying to provoke it.

“It does seem like there are groups in this country that very much want to see any number of outcomes of violence,” he said. “I am surprised and happy—pleasantly surprised—that the American public has been able to manage their temper, for the lack of a better word.”

Lewis reported in his YouTube and Facebook Live streams that he was in contact with Walkaway founder Brandon Straka. Months later, Straka—who once opened rallies for Trump—would be among those arrested for allegedly breaching the Capitol building on Jan. 6 to stop the certification of President Joe Biden’s victory.

In the lead-up to the presidential election, Lewis appeared on several right-wing media outlets to make dire predictions about looming antifa violence. In one appearance on a QAnon online show on Nov. 2, Lewis claimed that he had evidence that antifa agents planned to attack the suburbs, and agreed with a host’s claim that antifa activists were getting lists of Trump voters from corrupt government officials with plans to carry out some kind of nationwide purge.

Click on the link for more

• Like 1

Late to last week's conversation, but the Afghan analogy is correct, because you don't need generations of fighting to learn how to load a bomb in a coffee can and put it on the side of the road, or put a bomb around some frothing idiot's chest and send him into a supermarket to be detonated remotely.

Besides, we now have a full generation of people who fought against them, and the tactics used by terrorist forces have been on full display to them. Of course there is a percentage of them who are now firmly in the nutter's corner, and they have learned. 

How many people do you need to have a war?
Not an army. You need some fanatics, and some more fanatics just waiting to be fanatical, and you need fanatics in training.

Something like Qanon. Fox, OAN, Newsmax, Donald ****ing Trump. Theyhave been radicalizing the people whp pay attention to them, believe in them, are completely under their spell to the point that it has destroyed families, and marks them with an absolute detachment from reality to believe whatever they are told by these sources. And that is exactly what they are. Not all are violent, but you don't need them all to be violent.

You need people who will plant bombs, who will create terror. People who hate. And i don't think they are in short supply. There are people who willingly shoot up civilians by the dozens before pulling their own plugs. We've had them do it for their own reasons, but we've also had those who have done it as combatants against their perceived threats, like immigrants in Texas, jews and black people in church, gays in a bar, Asians in spas, etc. etc. etc. It isn't much of a hop-skip from targeted attacks where people of similar selves congregate, like churches, synagogues, etc. to indiscriminate attacks that are purely for terror and disruption.

Up above it said these clowns don't realize they will be fighting the US military, but the fact is they won't, they will be fighting law enforcement because we will investigate them as criminals and not enemies. And our leadership to quell fears will not treat any of it as warfare.

The last thing anyone should do is exactly what people like that want, and that is to think they don't exist, can't fight, are a joke, etc. Because they do, they can, and they aren't.

Be ****ing vigilant. I've said it before, and i know it sounds bombastic, but it is no joke. Be aware of what is around you. It's about the only defense you have when the inevitable starts to happen. Don't doubt it. Those who have pushed it this far,, what reason do they have to stop now? They suddenly going to come to their senses? What if whoever Q is said straight up to start planting bombs, what do you think would happen tomorrow?

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 7:54 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Pair that person up with a dozen half-way physically capable people and a few hours worth of planning, combine that with a gun collection and ammo supply put together after decades of being scared of “big brother coming for me”, and you have a group that is quite formidable

They were trying to put guns on a boat and bring an entire weapons cache to the Capitol. 

supposedly this was discovered after the whole thing went down.  

it’s already happening. 

we were lucky 1/6 went the way it went and need to wake the **** up

this unity **** is buying time, and it’s not buying it for us. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, China said:

The Far-Right Paramilitary Wannabes Feeding Mike Flynn’s Conspiracy Machine

When QAnon conspiracy theorists descended on a Dallas event hall in late May for their convention, they were met at the door by members of 1st Amendment Praetorian, a tough-talking new volunteer group devoted to running security at MAGA events, assembling “intelligence” dossiers on perceived Trumpist foes, and foiling threats from “antifa” protesters, real or imagined.

Decked out in black shirts bearing their group’s Roman-helmet logo, the self-proclaimed Praetorian members soon found that Dallas was light on antifa. Instead, they helped to bounce a few reporters, including one from The Daily Beast.

The QAnon conference marked a new high-profile stage for the group. Its co-founder, former Green Beret Robert Patrick Lewis, tweeted a photo of himself unfurling a Pine Tree flag—a Revolutionary War-era emblem appropriated by the far right—with disgraced former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and then-Texas GOP Chairman Allen West.

In the lead-up to the presidential election, Lewis appeared on several right-wing media outlets to make dire predictions about looming antifa violence. In one appearance on a QAnon online show on Nov. 2, Lewis claimed that he had evidence that antifa agents planned to attack the suburbs, and agreed with a host’s claim that antifa activists were getting lists of Trump voters from corrupt government officials with plans to carry out some kind of nationwide purge.

Click on the link for more

Gosh, where have we seen this before?
Oh yes. Germany, the early 30s.
the Nazis disrupted and fixed elections by claiming communist violence would occur at opposition events, then showing up as supposed protection, beating up everybody in attendance, which they then used their propaganda newspapers to blame on the communists. They showed up in trucks into neighborhoods prior to Nazi political rallies, claiming to protect people from the communists that had (not) threatened the event..
Those who stood against the Nazis stayed home or were assaulted, those who stood with the Nazis felt bolder and invincible.

Black shirts in Italy, brown shirts in Germany.. now black shirted "praetorians" .. the colors don't matter. The playbook is exactly the same.

Which election do we start to see violence at polling station?
2022, or 2024?

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1