Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

9 hours ago, SWFLSkins said:

Do any of the players live in D.C.,..... or is this based on outlying counties? 

Same can be said with the nyc area. Also factor in the Bronx which property isn’t desireable for an athlete and also the nj area upper that is. Additionally, ct Fairfield county 

Before J. Allen went on IR, the Skins ranked #13 in yards per rush attempt allowed. They were allowing 3.9 ypa.

That was against teams who ended up ranking #1, #3, #7 and #11 in terms of rushing yards per attempt.

After J. Allen went on IR, The Skins ranked #30 in yards per rush attempt allowed. They were allowing 4.7 ypa.

That was against teams who ranked #1, #3 (two teams), #14, #19, #22 (two teams), #25, and #31

EDIT: I didn't count the 49ers on either side of J. Allen's injury because I believe Allen played the first half and then left in the 2nd half injured. If I got that wrong let me know.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Talib is 32, Suh is 31 It's not like the Rams are signing spring chickens here.

Also Marcus Peters. Again, it doesn’t guarantee wins but better than signing the likes of McNuggets and Pryor.

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Before J. Allen went on IR, the Skins ranked #13 in yards per rush attempt allowed. They were allowing 3.9 ypa.

That was against teams who ended up ranking #1, #3, #7 and #11 in terms of rushing yards per attempt.

After J. Allen went on IR, The Skins ranked #30 in yards per rush attempt allowed. They were allowing 4.7 ypa.

That was against teams who ranked #1, #3 (two teams), #14 (two teams), #19, #22 (two teams), #25, and #31

Nice gather of info, thanks!

I think dominant interior pressure is the hardest thing to stop so on paper the Rams look tough.  Will see.

Jason La CanforaVerified account @JasonLaCanfora
FollowingFollowing @JasonLaCanfora
More

The Rams have become the rare fantasy football defensive squad. If they can coral all of these personalities they'll be dominant

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

That was against teams who ranked #1, #3 (two teams), #14 (two teams), #19, #22 (two teams), #25, and #31

That's why teams with stacked D lines like the Eagles, Rams, Vikings add another.   If one guy has that much impact on your D line's performance -- you got a serious depth problem.  Especially in a rotational spot like that one.

Who knows if true -- but Burgandy blog claimed a pal of his sat next to Tomsula on a plane and among what he learned is Tomsula is concerned about Allen staying healthy.   He also learned that Tomusla loves Vea.  So if so maybe that's why they aren't feeling desperate to play with the other big boys in adding to the D line.

Man, McVay went from rags to riches.

Now that this Suh deal is over with, we can move on with our lives as Hankins surely goes elsewhere.

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Who knows if true -- but Burgandy blog claimed a pal of his sat next to Tomsula on a plane and among what he learned is Tomsula is concerned about Allen staying healthy.   He also learned that Tomusla loves Vea.  So if so maybe that's why they aren't feeling desperate to play with the other big boys in adding to the D line.

Lisfranc is always scary for big boys.  No telling if this thing is going to last a lifetime.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Man, McVay went from rags to riches.

Now that this Suh deal is over with, we can move on with our lives as Hankins surely goes elsewhere.

Lisfranc is always scary for big boys.  No telling if this thing is going to last a lifetime.

Moses Mogan had a Lisfranc fracture issue and he's doing well.  

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sure, that can happen.  I didn’t say it was guaranteed to go one way or the other.  Just makes sense that it would be a concern for Tomsula.

Absolutely. :)  Trying to see if from a positive standpoint.  We have him all year to heal after the injury and hopefully with the time he's had he will be fine. :) 

Let hankins sign eslwhere for $10M+. We draft Vea or Payne and either extend a guy or use that money to sign Safety(reid or Boston or Vacarro), OL, and LB depth(Bowman). Coukd get 2-3 for $9m.  Still need depth there people and would help our comfort come draft day to go DL and RB with our first two picks. 

13 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Let hankins sign eslwhere for $10M+. We draft Vea or Payne and either extend a guy or use that money to sign Safety(reid or Boston or Vacarro), OL, and LB depth(Bowman). Coukd get 2-3 for $9m.  Still need depth there people and would help our comfort come draft day to go DL and RB with our first two picks. 

It also takes some pressure off the rookies coming in to immediately preform-we definitely need quality depth on all fronts..some of our starters are already 2nd tier guys to start off with,at least if we stack up more behind em,the production don’t drop off as dramatically..gives us some flexibility at least!

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Now that Suh is signed watch the Titans and possibly Jets come into play.  

I'm not sweating it if Hankins doesn't sign here...I think Allen and Ionaiddis can do a nice job along with whomever else we add in the draft or free agency. I'd rather sign one of the remaining safety's in free agency. Supposedly there are some good, young ones available that we should be able to get. 

10 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm not sweating it if Hankins doesn't sign here...I think Allen and Ionaiddis can do a nice job along with whomever else we add in the draft or free agency. I'd rather sign one of the remaining safety's in free agency. Supposedly there are some good, young ones available that we should be able to get. 

I think a safety signing would be a surprise.   I recall a little talk earlier about a safety who could play the slot.  But I presume that's gone away after signing Scandrick.  I don't see how any of the big name safety types would play here since we already got two starters in play.  But I don't know maybe a cheap Jeron Johnson, Bruton type for depth?

I'd love to get Hankins, but if I had to choose between him and extending one of our core players' contracts, I'd choose extending a contract.  Our players need to know that they will be rewarded if they do well here.  That builds commitment and chemistry.  You can't extend everyone, but players like Scherff and Crowder need to be examples not only for how they play on the field but for how they are rewarded for that work.

1 minute ago, pjfootballer said:

I like that we are signing guys that have been released and not true free agents so they don’t count against the comp picks. Plus, the contracts are friendlier.

We’re definitely approachin FA a lil different the last couple of years..it’s taking a little of getting used to but looks like the office has seen that the BIG SPLASH,BIG NAME signings do not equal instant success..only cripples the team and sets em back for more years than the contract itself!!..I’m perfectly fine with draft smart and build thru that and add quality,team friendly deals to fill in the gaps..us gaining comp picks are Huge if we continuously use this strategy each year..we can’t sign every FA coming off their rookie contract so those picks we gain due to their loss keeps fresh,cheaper players to plug and play as the older,more expensive leave..the more they’re signed for,not only gives us more 3rd-4th round talent to bring in,but shows that we can actually coach the leaving ones up to get these high priced contracts,in return brings us better talent..and the wheel keeps repeating-I really hope that in the future that this is the philosophy that we will continue to use..isn’t an immediate fix but in the long run it’ll keep paying off..Just gotta remain smart about it!!!

Archived