Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And by thinking they are really really good -- the beat guys don't mean it by just extrapolating it based on their lack of aggression in FA -- but that its actually what they are being told.  That is the FO think this team is really good talent wise as is.   Will see.

To me it shows either a. how little Bruce knows about how to evaluate a roster, or b. how little the rest of us know how to evaluate a roster.  

I guess c. is that it's not the "put up or shut up" year that a lot of us (myself included) think it is.  

We will see.  If they go ~8-8, for any reason whatsoever, including injuries, and Dan doesn't clean house, we can pretty much speculate that Dan gave Bruce assurances before the season that his job was not in jeopardy and continue doing what he thinks is right.

I HOPE their right.  I don't think they are.  But I HOPE they are. 

They weren't last year either even before the injuries.  That was a 9 or 10 win at best and 1-done in the playoff roster under ideal conditions.  They had no playmakers offensively on the outside and no running game, and eventually when you play good defenses, you're just going to get shut-down.  A good defense will figure out how to limit CT and Reed, and force Doctson and Grant to beat you, especially late in the year, which they would not have been able to do. And to stave off the argument, yes, they were a play away from beating KC, but they still lost.  Because the defense couldn't get a stop and Doctson couldn't make the big catch, and Gruden didn't know when to call a time out.  None of those things were going to magically correct themselves last year, hence the ceiling.  

25 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

--The Redskins confirmed the signing of outside linebacker Pernell McPhee on Monday. Washington has mostly dipped its toe into the free-agency pool so far, but its biggest splashes in past years have come later, with players like DeSean Jackson and Josh Norman.

"We're hoping somebody cuts another good player," Allen said. "That'd be great for us."

http://www.richmond.com/redskins-xtra/redskins-president-bruce-allen-on-alex-smith-training-camp-a/article_dd5385d4-c1af-50ba-996f-e1e33be31e93.html

They did, idiot.  The Colts cut Jonathan Hankins.

That's what JP Finley should have told Allen when he made the statement in their interview.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:41 PM, dav87sc said:

Patriots safety Duron Harmon allegedly nabbed with pot in Costa Rica

Police at Juan Santamaría International Airport found 58 grams of marijuana inside a can of iced tea, along with other marijuana oil and paraphernalia, according to the Costa Rican newspaper, La Nación.

The Costa Rica Star, meanwhile, reported the paraphernalia included three pipes with cannabis oil, a THC candy and four glass containers of compressed marijuana weighing 4.3 grams. Harmon, who arrived from Fort Lauderdale, was briefly detained and then sent back to the U.S.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/the_blitz/2018/03/patriots_safety_duron_harmon_allegedly_nabbed_with_pot_in_costa

Any chance he gets released by Belichik?  and would we kick the tires?

I'm just catching up as I only post from work, but doesn't this bonehead know you can get that stuff in a bunch of states here in the US.  Moron.

Cant wait for the Skins to make playoffs next year and make all eat words. 

Yes, playoffs is all that matters to me—Just need at bats. 

Some actually are pinning the success of  the off-season on signing Hankins, because it aligns with what “they” know the FO should do. 

Getem Bruce & Eric!!

46 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I HOPE their right.  I don't think they are.  But I HOPE they are. 

They weren't last year either even before the injuries.  That was a 9 or 10 win at best and 1-done in the playoff roster under ideal conditions.  They had no playmakers offensively on the outside and no running game, and eventually when you play good defenses, you're just going to get shut-down.  A good defense will figure out how to limit CT and Reed, and force Doctson and Grant to beat you, especially late in the year, which they would not have been able to do. And to stave off the argument, yes, they were a play away from beating KC, but they still lost.  

To me I think this roster as its presently constructed is an 8-8 team.  Now the draft and another FA signing might elevate it.  So I somewhat agree with Cooley's take on the roster. 

The special teams was terrible last year and they lost their best special teams player.  Their run defense and running game were horrendous.  But they have an opportunity to fix it all.

I fall somewhere in between the FO gets everything wrong crowd and the FO kicks butt crowd.  Though I get labeled as a critic because I am not a fan of Bruce.  But I think they've mastered the formula for being competitive but not great.  A team that has a shot of beating anybody.  But they aren't consistent enough to mount a threat to any of the big time teams in the conference.  I'd add to that that if you can't run the ball or stop the run -- the odds that you are going anywhere if you make the playoffs (cold weather football) is almost zero. 

So my hang up remains -- running back and nose tackle or really good run stuffing tackle.  IMO they are likely pretenders unless they address those problems.  And the more I think about it -- with Bruce talking today about going BPA -- I recall doubt they go DT in either the first or 2nd round.   So if they don't go Hankins, they likely have to get lucky for another surprise release from some team.

1 minute ago, Unbias said:

Skins got McPhee signed to a $40M deal, 5 year deal. 

That's a lot more than I expected. Gotta see the terms of the deal. 

Last time we heard numbers like that the reality was very, very different. I do think the 'skins need an OLB who knows how to set the edge, keep contain, and plays with discipline, but that's elite money. Then again, I think those numbers are a mirage for the public to make him look good.

8 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Last time we heard numbers like that the reality was very, very different. I do think the 'skins need an OLB who knows how to set the edge, keep contain, and plays with discipline, but that's elite money. Then again, I think those numbers are a mirage for the public to make him look good.

It's not really Elite money. Tough to get a serviceable starter at a pass rush position for less thank $8M/year.

9 minutes ago, RWJ said:

No way.  Got a link?  

Added, then removed because it was the PFT one referencing his Bears contract. 

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

There's no way.  He has always been a situational player.  You don't pay that kind of money to an injured situational player.  Unbias, I think has mistakenly posted this.  IF the FO signed him for that they've lost their minds.  Any Skin fan would know this.  LOL

6 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Skins got McPhee signed to a $40M deal, 5 year deal

That's a lot more than I expected. Gotta see the terms of the deal. 

Unbias that's what he signed with the Bears.  Read it again.

Isn't that the contract he signed with the bears 3 years ago? 

I think someone got their signals crossed on this one. 

Yeah now that I've gone to the link I know that's what it was. 

It even says at that link that 5 years 40 mil is what he signed with the bears for. 

1 minute ago, skins4 said:

LOL imploding in 3,2,1

Here's the kicker - The contract might push out out of the Hawkins race. 

I'm becoming more at piece with letting Kirk walk. With all that cap space we can do things like overpay a #2 WR (career #4, but I'm hopeful) and sign a 30 year old run stuffer who's been hurt the last 3 seasons. 

Everything is coming up Milhouse!

h20FA3E48

Just now, Unbias said:

Here's the kicker - The contract might push out out of the Hawkins race. 

I'm becoming more at piece with letting Kirk walk. With all that cap space we can do things like overpay a #2 WR (career #4, but I'm hopeful) and sign a 30 year old run stuffer who's been hurt the last 3 seasons. 

Everything is coming up Milhouse!

h20FA3E48

Re-read the post dude.  It's the contract he got with the Bears not the one he signed with us.  LOL

Archived