Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

1 hour ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Good riddance if he leaves, hes the only good player they have.

He is an awsome player when on the field. He is also a pain in the ass of the field to them and is injury prone.

Not sure which is more inflated, his desired contract number or his ego....I pick ego.

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Re-read the post dude.  It's the contract he got with the Bears not the one he signed with us.  LOL

Definitely jumped the gun there. I've also been itching to reference Milhouse, so there's also that...

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Not going to lie...I checked the schedule and was pleased we don't have to play Suh and Aaron Donald.  The Eagles do though.

Me too, was very thankful to not have to meet that duo....

edit: And LA sure seems all in this year....

30 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think that pretty much shuts the door on Cravens being a Redskin.  Again, I think he's more than likely dealt sometime during the draft.

Not surprising that no one has talked to Sua since the collective bargaining agreement agreed to in 2011 "dictates that until the offseason program begins, players and coaches are not allowed to talk football, hold meetings, look at a playbook, watch film or do any other football-related activity. Players can’t work out with the team strength coach even if he’s standing at the bench press next to him."

Interesting move by the Rams, but I wonder if they will be better this year? 

They were a 11 win team with a slightly unique offence (McVay making audible calls) and they were pretty stacked on defense. They lost both of their 3-4 OLBs (Quinn and Barwin), An ILB (Ogletree) and a good corner (Trumaine Johnson). 

They added Peters and Talib, but both are head cases and I think they only upgraded one corner spot (with the loss of Johnson). I agree that Suh with Donald will be a nightmare, but that's really all their pass rush. 

Give NFL defensive coordinators an offseason to watch tape and they will come up with something for the offense. I'm also not sold that they be a better defense if they aren't playing with a lead. 

Monday’s signing of former Chicago Bears outside linebacker Pernell McPhee is one example of the team’s targeted approach: identifying quality commodities while refusing to budge from its budget. The goal is to improve the roster within reason and not overpay for production.

“The personnel department, with the coaching staff, will come to a final grade and then we’ll put a value on the grade,” Allen said. “Because you’re the best player at a particular position in free agency, it doesn’t mean you’re the best payer at that position in the league. So there’s a value put on each one of those players that we feel that fits in our locker room.”

The organization’s free agency focus was simple: Find “the right mix” of players for the 2018 season, Allen said, which includes the assortment of guys returning from injured reserve and the prospects the team will draft next month.

But that perfect blend of talent doesn’t need to break the bank.

“The flame is hot,” Allen said, when asked about the internal pressure he feels as president. “There’s an urgency. There’s an urgency to get something done every day, and there’s a way to improve your team. We met earlier this morning on some things and a way to improve our football team. It’s exciting. There’s a vibe inside Redskins Park. And the preparation for the draft — [Senior Vice President of Player Personnel] Doug [Williams] and his group — is off the charts right now. And as soon as these are over, we can’t wait to get out to some more pro days.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2018/03/26/jay-gruden-on-free-agency-redskins-being-selective-not-cheap/?utm_term=.fa400873433e

1 minute ago, redrobert said:

With Suh signed I’m betting Hankins will be signed within the week by somebody...

I dont agree with this, they are no where near the same players.. Hankins is only a 2 down player. Suh is a beast in both run and pass..

2 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Interesting move by the Rams, but I wonder if they will be better this year? 

They were a 11 win team with a slightly unique offence (McVay making audible calls) and they were pretty stacked on defense. They lost both of their 3-4 OLBs (Quinn and Barwin), An ILB (Ogletree) and a good corner (Trumaine Johnson). 

They added Peters and Talib, but both are head cases and I think they only upgraded one corner spot (with the loss of Johnson). I agree that Suh with Donald will be a nightmare, but that's really all their pass rush. 

Give NFL defensive coordinators an offseason to watch tape and they will come up with something for the offense. I'm also not sold that they be a better defense if they aren't playing with a lead. 

Dont forget who is leading that defense though. There isnt a better defensive mind on the planet than Wade Phillips. He will get the most out of that DL. Also, It appears the Rams are all in for right now. They have gotten significantly older I believe in free agency.

I still have faith that Suh will be a Redskin (when he is 35 years old or so and on a major decline).

There is no guarantee that Suh and Donald will work out but its a smart move for the Rams. This is how you use free agency. You sign dominate players still in their prime. 

Much better than signing mediocre players.

1 minute ago, dyst said:

I still have faith that Suh will be a Redskin (when he is 35 years old or so and on a major decline).

There is no guarantee that Suh and Donald will work out but its a smart move for the Rams. This is how you use free agency. You sign dominate players still in their prime. 

Much better than signing mediocre players.

Talib is 32, Suh is 31 It's not like the Rams are signing spring chickens here.

Archived