Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

Just now, joeken24 said:

I'm a bit livid about the Redskins not going after Demerius Thomas after what the trade looked like with Houston. And Golden Tate to Philly. WTF!!!!!

Yeah, I'm annoyed as well. A 4th rounder is nothing for his talent.

I'm pretty sure the reason why we didn't pull the trigger is due to his salary. He's on the wrong side of 30 and will count $14M next year. That's a big chunk of change.

Lake Lewis Jr makes a good point... Redskins are playing with chemistry. Bringing in new players at the halfway mark when already in 1st could disrupt that. 

On the other hand... Rams are 8-0 and i'm sure aren't worried about chemistry when trading for really good players.

Can we trade Preston Smith and bring back Galette on a cheap contract? We already have McPhee as a run stuffer. Galette offers more as a pass rusher. Go in to this pass rushing heavy draft? 

22 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Really? You were screaming for Richardson and they got him. They re-signed Zach Brown, signed Swearinger. Given the available cap space, I'm very happy with what they did and would give it much more than a "meh." 

I wanted Richardson but that wasn't my whole wish list in the off season.  ?  If you want to go crazy hey i liked the McPhee signing, too.  But I found the FA crop paltry, I typically do.  Only FA class I liked was 2017 on the aggregate.  I don't feel like reliving all my posts to you about FA but I've made plenty about it and the FA approach overall here for years and in detail.   If you enjoy Bruce's approach to FA, have at it.  To each their own. 

22 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I honestly don't recall anyone saying that we're in win-now mode... 

When you are trading for a 34 year old QB -- its pretty rare to look at that as anything other than that.  If you feel otherwise, cool, you can interpret it anyway that floats your boat and makes sense to you.  I am explaining what makes sense to me -- and I am not exactly going with some outlandish position -- I've heard the same point echoed incessantly. 

It doesn't matter who we have playing WR, Alex Smith refuses to take chances and throw them the ball.  The commentators said last week that Jay Gruden has been begging Smith to throw the ball downfield.  When does a head coach have to beg his quarterback to throw the ball!?  So it doesn't matter who is playing WR, oh and the last 2 games Doctson has caught every ball thrown his way.  So idk how anyone can say he isn't playing well...

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Ravens are a mess. How does trading for a messy player make the messy team less messy? Ty isn't even all that great, I'd rather have Robert Kelley as my RB, and that's saying something.

10 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Volume matters. I suppose a nobody receiver who has 5 targets and 5 receptions would be better than any receiver with a high volume of targets and even 1 drop? Kind of hard to drop the ball when your QB doesn't throw it to you. My point being it's a bit disingenuous to say our WR's as a group are fine because they don't drop the ball, without taking into consideration they are the least targeted group of WR's in the league.

Regardless, using drop rate as a lone metric for WR effectiveness is silly. Anybody who has working eyes can see our WR's, as a group, are one of the weakest units in the league. There is no big play ability, they cannot get separation on a regular basis, etc. 

1. Volume matters if there are large variances. IS our target rate much lower? Do the research and then use that as part of the conversation here. Thats how we improve the level of debate on this board. Have a point of view? Support it with facts. Who knows you might be right.

2. Who is using drop rate as the ONLY measure of WR effectiveness? I certainly did not. This is what is known as a straw man argument. As for your eyes if you want to make a statement like 'one of the weakest units in the league' support it with some evidence. Because, frankly, I don't know if your eyes can be trusted or not.

At worst I think you can say that our receivers are being efficient with the targets they get. And I can show you cut ups of them being wide open and not targeted as well.

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

Redskins get Clinton Dix from Packers according to NFL Network

GTFO... If that's true... we have the two highest rated safeties in the league, by PFF. After the Adum Schefter tweet, I'm hesitant to believe.

This is a guy who will get PAID after this season if he's not re-signed and will generate a nice comp pick. Win/win... as long as we didn't give up a 1st rounder.

Archived