Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

13 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Free agency is a disease.  I want to know how many people, prior to this free agency period, had ever been in such awe of Hankins skill set. 

You are picking the wrong player to make this point.   Hankins got pages and pages of worship in 2017 let alone people out of the blue recognizing him now.  He was the top want for many of us a year ago.  I don't think there is a player in FA here that's been more vetted than Hankins in a long time.  Doesn't mean people are right about him but he's definitely not a new discovery.

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You are picking the wrong player to make this point.   Hankins got pages and pages of worship in 2017 let alone people out of the blue recognizing him now.  He was the top want for many of us a year ago.  I don't think there is a player in FA here that's been more vetted than Hankins in a long time.  Doesn't mean people are right about him but he's definitely not a new discovery.

Not sure if "pages and pages" on ES really means much.

One of my favorite ES memories was a bunch of fans here going crazy over Jesse Lumsden (2006), a CFL player we signed.  They were ready to give him the rushing crown... one guy was bragging about how much of a steal he was, mistakenly calling him Lumstead...

Guy didn't even make the 52 roster 

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Its not about being in awe of Hankins or how great he is.  He always stood out against the Redskins when he played for the Giants although. He is the best out there at our most needed position that allows us at 13 to go in a lot of different ways and not being tied down to fill the needy big man in the middle position we do not have now. Our other young lineman would benefit with him there.

1 minute ago, skinsfan66 said:

Its not about being in awe of Hankins or how great he is.  He always stood out against the Redskins when he played for the Giants although. He is the best out there at our most needed position that allows us at 13 to go in a lot of different ways and not being tied down to fill the needy big man in the middle position we do not have now. Our other young lineman would benefit with him there.

You never should feel tied down to fill a need in the draft.  If you don’t sign Hankins, it doesn’t mean you have to draft Vita or Payne in round 1.  

Just now, -JB- said:

You never should feel tied down to fill a need in the draft.  If you don’t sign Hankins, it doesn’t mean you have to draft Vita or Payne in round 1.  

Its what I would do, draft Vita.  There is not a blue chipper (not including the QBs and a couple other top 5s) out there who could help the team more in my opinion. Vita is a blue chipper.  Like I said I would most likely take Vita even if Hankins were signed

42 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Yea maybe a LG will just fall from the sky!  You would go into the season with Kuandijo as the starter, Really?  Nothing wrong with home grown talent. I would take Vita even if we sign Hankins if he was there.  Take Guard in second rd.  RB would have to wait till the next pick.  Cannot run if you have no blocking anyway.    

Yes, I think many offensive linemen take up skydiving as a hobby.

There are several homegrown possibilities: guys on the roster or the guys in the upcoming draft. I'm not opposed to a free agent, but it'd be pretty cool if our lines were both good and draft based. That ought to be the goal. Realistically, I suspect we'll have to snag someone from the outside. Hopefully, they'll be better and more consistent than Lavaou was for us.

36 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

Not sure if "pages and pages" on ES really means much.

One of my favorite ES memories was a bunch of fans here going crazy over Jesse Lumsden (2006), a CFL player we signed.  They were ready to give him the rushing crown... one guy was bragging about how much of a steal he was, mistakenly calling him Lumstead...

Guy didn't even make the 52 roster 

OK, though what you said was:  "want to know how many people, prior to this free agency period, had ever been in such awe of Hankins skill set."

I answered yes it existed before just now.  He was arguably the most popular player that people longed for on the D line last off season.  Hankins is actually a rare case of being up two years in a row. 

As for whether it means much -- that's a different debate.  I get what you are trying to say but just saying as a guy who spent a lot of time and energy on the FA thread for years -- IMO you picked the wrong player to make that point about.  That's all. 

Hankins is a rare dude where we are going on the same rodeo again.  The hankering this time is almost identical to the hankering last time.  It all feels like deja vu.   It's tough for me to think of other examples of it but Hankins is rare almost total rerun as for posts this year from last year.  

36 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

We should have an All-ES team.

QB - Colt Brennan

RB - Jesse Lumsden

WR - Anthony "Tall" Mix

LB - Robert McCune

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

Free agency is a disease.  I want to know how many people, prior to this free agency period, had ever been in such awe of Hankins skill set. 

We wanted him badly last year as well, when he was a 24-25 year old run stopper. This didn't come out of nowhere 

3 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

We should have an All-ES team.

QB - Colt Brennan

RB - Jesse Lumsden

WR - Anthony "Tall" Mix

LB - Robert McCune

What about Marco Mitchell. One year he looked like the second coming of Randy Moss in Pre Season

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

Its really not, Hankins is clearly a quality player. And the notion to avoid FA is a classic skins fan reactionary opinion.

Alshon Jeffery was an FA, Gillmore was an FA. Both on superbowl teams. 

People can pretend not participating in FA is beneficial to the team, but the reality is that it is just handcuffing yourself from using one of the available tools to help build a team

You can build solely through the draft and still be stupid.... see the Browns. There should be a healthy mix between the draft and FA, and in both cases the right players

So Junior Galette tweets a so called cryptic message today (see below). I hope he got re-signed. I'd hate to find out that he got signed by the Giants (to somewhat replace JPP). I doubt it, but still. I'd be kinda pissed.  

Junior GaletteVerified account @JovaisG
FollowFollow @JovaisG
More

Been waiting for this Good NEWS Lawd I’m THANKFUL ??????????

5:36 AM - 22 Mar 2018

On 3/21/2018 at 4:31 AM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Can't believe what I'm seeing on youtube with football analysts saying Alex Smith can't be as successful here, because he doesn't have the weapons he had in KC.

What weapons did Cousins have when he put up those crazy numbers last year, which earned him the biggest contract ever ?

The same, but actually less weapons than Smith will have, now that we have Richardson.

I really have a hard time understanding how Cousins is in any way better than Alex Smith. There really is no amount of information that proves that. I heard Kevin Sheehan talking about Alex being a lateral move or a downgrade. Absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. In my opinion, Cousins is a mechanical systems guy. We all saw throughout his time here that when a play breaks down, **** hits the fan more oft than not with Cousins. The bottom line is the Kirk is a losing QB and Alex is a winning QB over the past 5 years. That's that only stat that matters. Everything else is an excuse.

Archived