Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

10 minutes ago, JWB said:

It's simple, Skins don't have the draft capital to move ahead of the 5-6 teams looking to draft qb's and the free agent qb's have way to many question marks. It was a great move to solidify the most important position in any sport. 

I'm not sure if we make any more important moves in FA. 

I'm still torn on this. Alex Smith is not Drew Brees. Not sure he's that much better than Case Keenum. So, there were plenty of opportunity to 'solidify the most important position'. Anyway, I'm fine with the move, but blow out salary cap and 'F' the comp pick debate. Add players that will help us win

Not sure why everyone is dissing on the medical staff. Grant got ****ed over by the Ravens for Crabtree. Breeland ****ed himself. 

Can Roullier play guard? If so, we could try make a run at Pouncey and kick Chase out to LG. I'd like us to chase Honey Badger too, love his play style. Also think Blount would be perfect for us to pair with CT. His experience could rub off on Perine and help him improve as well. Might give us some options in the draft.

4 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

Guys what is with all failed physicals? Do our team doctors cut corners. Or is this new level of playing with our emotions. 

Our team doctors have nothing to do with it. The Ravens said that Grant had an ankle issue 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/974779630409388032

If you click the link the details are all there. Grant could play if a game was held this weekend. Ravens knew about the ankle and rushed to sign him. Once Crabs became available suddenly they fail the physical and rush to sign Crabs

what Baltimore did to Grant was as Warren Sharp said there, one of the slimiest moves ever done to an NFL player by a team this century.

Absolutely screwed up Free Agency, Smirk screws the league with his contract and Ravens do that to Grant.

Agree with Bang, if this means Bree comes back then I will look past that nonsense. However will say that was messed up too. Breeland is hurt by this as is Grant value. Almost like payback for what Kirk did to the league to these guys. Make no mistake Kirk’s demand being met of three years guaranteed screwed every team too. No more friendly deals, just mercenaries and greedy players and agents. Once Pandora’s box was opened contracts will never be the same again

6 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

I'm still torn on this. Alex Smith is not Drew Brees. Not sure he's that much better than Case Keenum. So, there were plenty of opportunity to 'solidify the most important position'. Anyway, I'm fine with the move, but blow out salary cap and 'F' the comp pick debate. Add players that will help us win

And a lot of us would disagree with you about where Smith ranks as far as starting QB's go. Although this isnt the thread to debate that. I am with you a little bit that we should have been aggressive in FA with a 3-4 year window after the Smith signing. But the team set their numbers on what they were willing to spend on players and held fast when those numbers were exceeded. Fine. They signed one of the top 3 WR's on the market and resigned Brown. Both good moves. And lets not forget we are 2 days into free agency at this point.

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am with you a little bit that we should have been aggressive in FA with a 3-4 year window after the Smith signing.

One thing Phily did last year was fill holes. We have 2-3 holes that we can restructure deals and get high impact players. Disappointed we aren't being 'rumored' in some top DL players or DB players.

We aint getting it done with current roster

Did anyone read the article "Don't answer your phone," in WaPo today? It's a must-read for those who thought Doug Williams had any bit of say in personnel decisions, or was even involved in the conversations for that matter... 

I guess that I assumed it was like this, I just had no idea it was this bad.

6 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I guess our boys were injured even more than we knew.

Shame to see Breeland wronged?

Check the link I just posted if you think things are what they are being said to be. If a game was played this weekend Grant could play. He missed no games this past season and the Ravens knew about it prior. They just used it as an excuse to get out of a deal they made when Crabs became available. In the process them doing that screwed us for a comp pick

4 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Did anyone read the article "Don't answer your phone," in WaPo today? It's a must-read for those who thought Doug Williams had any bit of say in personnel decisions, or was even involved in the conversations for that matter... 

i usually agree with pretty much everything you say. But i think you missed the point of the article. Williams and the rest of the scouting team helped make the decision that they wanted to trade for Smith. Bruce made the trade happen and was warning Williams not to answer his phone because they couldnt talk about the trade until yesterday. That was all I took from the article?

8 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Wait what? I read the article and listened to Doug introduce Alex this week. The article clearly says that everyone in the building including Doug was asked who they wanted and gave input. In the presser this week Doug said that every one on the team separately met in thier groups and they all came up with the same decision. Alex was the best choice. 

The way I read what you posted you make it sound like Alex was a decision only Bruce made which isn’t the truth at all but maybe I misunderstood you

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

i usually agree with pretty much everything you say. But i think you missed the point of the article. Williams and the rest of the scouting team helped make the decision that they wanted to trade for Smith. Bruce made the trade happen and was warning Williams not to answer his phone because they couldnt talk about the trade until yesterday. That was all I took from the article?

Same, the two references I made above 

1. That article

2. What Doug said in the introduction 

Should end any speculation that this wasn’t a team decision. It was but maybe I’m not reading that quote above right?

4 hours ago, Rocky52Mc said:

I updated your list with who I like out of that list

Edit: Needs to be mentioned that Mike Pouncey is an absolute piece of trash human, but we need interior.

I've been hearing from Dolphins fans that Pouncey wasnt really all good last year.  Then PFF backed it up saying Mike Pouncey was actually graded as the 27th Center in the league last year.  I think people hear Pouncey and remember a few years back when he was good.

6 hours ago, skinny21 said:

@DC9 ^^

@jsharrin55Yeah, this angle has been a little... odd to me.  Sure, we want the pass rushing threat in addition to run stopping (and recognize the latter is more important), but then we say Logan isn’t worth a bunch of money, or we downgrade Vea (or whoever) because of the perceived lack of pass rush.  

Bottom line, we were 7th in the league at sacking the qb with Hood at NT, and we sucked at stopping the run.  

If we add a NT that isn’t a pass rusher, are they really going to be worse than Hood?

Sorry dudes.  I swear every time I go somewhere to do something it's apparently time to officially do something.

I'm snowboarding tomorrow so I'll bet we sign Bennie Logan.

2 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Sorry dudes.  I swear every time I go somewhere to do something it's apparently time to officially do something.

I'm snowboarding tomorrow so I'll bet we sign Bennie Logan.

I think that would make a lot of people happy!  :-)  

23 minutes ago, Cypress said:

Not sure why everyone is dissing on the medical staff. Grant got ****ed over by the Ravens for Crabtree. Breeland ****ed himself. 

I'll never watch another Ravens game, not that I watched them that much. What they did to a professional player was beyond the pale. 

I won't watch Vikings either. KC himself said that he and his agent came up with this strategy two and a half years ago. All that talk was...just talk. Actions speak louder than words, and his actions certainly didn't indicate that he wanted to be a Redskin.

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I think that would make a lot of people happy!  :-)  

Just so you know, if it's on twitter from a dude like Keim, Finlay, or Tandler or Russ, it's legit. 

****, TK usually knows about a day out too.

15 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

10 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Wait what? I read the article and listened to Doug introduce Alex this week. The article clearly says that everyone in the building including Doug was asked who they wanted and gave input. In the presser this week Doug said that every one on the team separately met in thier groups and they all came up with the same decision. Alex was the best choice. 

The way I read what you posted you make it sound like Alex was a decision only Bruce made which isn’t the truth at all but maybe I misunderstood you

The issue is that I thought Doug had more say than that. I expected that he would have been much closer to the discussion than getting a text and being disclosed the trade details the following day. 

22 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Ugh, that's upsetting but unsurprising.  I'll give it a read even though I hate giving them clicks.

1 minute ago, DC9 said:

Just so you know, if it's on twitter from a dude like Keim, Finlay, or Tandler or Russ, it's legit. 

****, TK usually knows about a day out too.

They're not breaking the bank for Logan. Though they were after him before. They're also after Jonathon Sullivan at Center. Personally, I still want Honey Badger though.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:
Mike Ortiz Jr. @OrtizDYST
FollowingFollowing @OrtizDYST
More

Sources: The New York Giants are making Tyrann Matthieu a priority right now. Many teams in the mix, but interest is mutual with Giants.

**** Mara! :) 

31 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Check the link I just posted if you think things are what they are being said to be. If a game was played this weekend Grant could play. He missed no games this past season and the Ravens knew about it prior. They just used it as an excuse to get out of a deal they made when Crabs became available. In the process them doing that screwed us for a comp pick

Yes a guy can play with a high ankle and we see it almost every year. This past year it was Beckham.  And they are always very ineffective.  Just terrible.

That was a smart move IMO by the Ravens. Why would they want Grant getting guaranteed money while injured. It's Ryan Grant.  DVOA said go get him and they learned DVOA aint everything after seeing him going presume less than 100%. So they backed out. Good for them, sucks for us. 

I wish our GM was smart enough to do things like that. Bruce probably didn't even know he was injured. I bet our player of personnel did, if anyone listens to him.

9 minutes ago, TK said:

They're not breaking the bank for Logan. Though they were after him before. They're also after Jonathon Sullivan at Center. Personally, I still want Honey Badger though.

**** Mara! :) 

I want Honey Badger, too.  But haven't heard anything about any activity on that front from the Redskins.  Giants are a few million over the cap but supposedly pursuing Honey Badger anyway -- if so wow.  Giants are quietly having an aggressive FA season -- like its 2016 all over again.  Sadly they kicked butt with their 2016 FA  crop.  

LG and a back up pass rusher seem like two needs we could fill with FA.  What does anybody think of Jonathan Cooper and Dee Ford?  I know Cooper is a FA and with LG being such a problem the last few years someone who can fill the role and play competitively should be alright.  And I'm not 100% sure but I think I read that Dee Ford is a FA he would be great as a situational pass rusher similar to how we used Junior Galette last year.  Thoughts? 

Archived