Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Sorry, but Ocasio-Cortez is the left-wing version of Sarah Palin. Photogenic, flirtatious, and terrific at cheerleading the favorite slogans of the hardcore ideologues, but with no understanding or grasp of policies. Just as with Palin, anyone who points out that she's clueless with the intellectual depth of a post-it note gets slammed as misogynist, intolerant, etc., as people who espouse her views will vehemently insist she is being unfairly maligned.  I will at least give her credit for not being the horrible human being and hypocrite that Palin is, but she's still dumber than a bag of rocks...though probably still not as stupid as our GOP President.

I think AOC is much smarter than people give her credit for.  She graduated with honors from a top-50 college.  I think you may be reading too much into the desperate attempts by the right wing to smear her, with the main tactic being: she's young and pretty and a woman and must therefore be a clueless ditz.  

She's also a freshman congresswoman, whereas Palin was running for VP, an old man's heartbeat away from the big job.  

Just now, twa said:

Who would you rather as POTUS.....Palin or Trump?

Caligula or Nero?

Stalin or Pol Pot?

Dumb or Dumber?

Constipation or diarrhea?

Ray Rice or Rae Carruth?

It really boils down to who would run the US better - the WH hairstylist, or Vladimir Putin?

It is still not clear how those registrations will be treated in the state capitol. Gov. Ron DeSantis said on Monday that he believes the Legislature still needs to pass an implementing bill spelling out the restoration process.

“There’s going to need to be guidance for that. It’s not delaying it. The people spoke on it. It’s going to be implemented, but I think it needs to be implemented the way people intended, and I don’t think that they wanted to see any sex offenders fall through the cracks,” he told reporters.

🙄

Was looking for something else and came across this.  Seems like it might beinteresting:

https://statmodeling.stat.columbia.edu/2018/11/10/2018-what-really-happened/

"In fact, if you look at the graph carefully (and you also remember that we’re excluding uncontested elections, so we’re missing part of the story), you see the following:
– In strong Republican districts (D’s receiving less than 40% of the vote in 2016), Democrats gained almost everywhere, with an average gain of, ummm, it looks something like 8 percentage points.
– In swing districts (D’s receiving 40-60% of the vote in 2016), D’s improved, but only by about 4 percentage points on average. A 4% swing in the vote is a lot, actually! It’s just not 8%.
– In districts where D’s were already dominating, the results were, on average, similar to what happened in 2016.

I don’t know how much this was a national strategy and how much it just happened, but let me point out two things:

1. For the goal of winning the election, it would have been to the Democrats’ advantage to concentrate their gains in the zone where they’d received between 40 and 55% of the vote in the previous election. Conversely, these are the places where the Republicans would’ve wanted to focus their efforts too.

2. Speaking more generally, the Democrats have had a problem, both at the congressional and presidential levels, of “wasted votes”: winning certain districts with huge majorities and losing a lot of the closer districts. Thus, part of Democratic strategy has been to broaden their geographic base. The above scatterplot suggests that the 2018 election was a step in the right direction for them in this regard."

The point being that a lot of "safe" Republicans seemed a lot less safe after this election.

It is pathetically apparent how terrible these people are at trash talking compared to AOC.  It's cringe-worthy followed by sheer delight.  All they are doing is making her more comfortable to release her full savagery as it seems people like it.  I'm glad she's made the decision not to waste it on Trump.

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

It is pathetically apparent how terrible these people are at trash talking compared to AOC.  It's cringe-worthy followed by sheer delight 

You have to remember that "pathetically apparent" isn't apparent enough. Trump supporters are some mindless mother****ers. It's amazing how spectacularly idiotic they really are.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/south-carolina-congressman-stopped-from-entering-house-floor-with-beer-in-hand.amp

South Carolina congressman stopped from entering House floor with 6-pack of beer in hand

Rep. Joe Cunningham, a newly elected Democrat from South Carolina, was barred from walking onto the House floor Friday as he tried to bring a six-pack of beer with him.

“Making friends when you’re a freshman is hard and I thought I’d grease the skids with some Lowcountry beer,” Cunningham said on Twitter

Love this guy. 

On 1/10/2019 at 11:36 AM, twa said:

Who would you rather as POTUS.....Palin or Trump?

Honestly Trump is Palin but with the mitigating factors of being male and rich to get him over the top.

"Yeah, he says idiotic things, but he's rich and has a big plane so he must be smart. Duhrrr"

@Jumbo

As the OP, since the 2018 election is over, maybe consider closing this thread so we only have one thread about Congress.  The other is the one titled "U.S. Congress Part 115 (GOP still rules the roost - barely)" which should be edited to reflect that we are now in the 116th Congress (and the GOP no longer rules the roost, at least in the House). 

Respectfully  :)

Archived