Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

Admiring the multiple statements that loosing the election does not in any way disqualify her, but winning a different election means it had to be her. 

Also wondering if this means that the person who lost the election will now be senior to the person who won it. 

3 hours ago, Larry said:

Also wondering if this means that the person who lost the election will now be senior to the person who won it. 

Could have been but Ducey thought that would be a slap in the face of Sinema, so Sinema will be sworn in first.

21 hours ago, nonniey said:

Laws governing succession or succession appointments should always be followed just as any other law. We start getting away from that and the end result won't be pretty.

How’d you feel about the GOP refusing to consider an Obama SCOTUS nominee?

edit: and I don’t get the outrage over McSally.

21 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

How’d you feel about the GOP refusing to consider an Obama SCOTUS nominee?

edit: and I don’t get the outrage over McSally.

Hard nose politics but not outside the law on the succession appointment (maybe the law should be changed giving time limits to bring nominations/legislation to the floor but not sure how this would work as that is a tool the majority has used for many things for a very long time) .    Two of the (3) ideas that Visionary proposed would be outside the law. 

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Meaning, they're moderate Republicans?  :) 

Probably what used to be a moderate Republican. Interesting thought to think of what really makes one a Democrat these days. What issues should be the basic tenets and which issues have lots of flexibility.  

20 hours ago, Larry said:

Meaning, they're moderate Republicans?  :) 

Did you know there was a wing of the GOP called Liberal Republicans until the 1960s? Not sure how it factors into any of this thread, but it just came to me now reading this thread, and it reminded me how much political parties change over time. 

28 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Maybe we need a separate thread for all the midterm Rs that are already under investigation or have been charged.......

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gop-candidate-who-drove-deportation-bus-indicted-on-insurance-fraud-charges/ar-BBReU9U?ocid=sf

I had thought about making a "Some More Politicians That Need To Be Fired" thread similar to the one for police.  Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Just in case anyone forgot what an idiotic piece of **** Gov. LePage of Maine is..........

Gov. Paul LePage certified the election results for Maine's 2nd Congressional District after a recount and legal battle dragged out the final result in the race for almost two months, cementing a Democratic victory.

But, LePage -- a Republican firebrand -- made one last jab at the drawn-out process when certifying the election, writing the words "stolen election" next to his signature.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/28/politics/maine-governor-certifies-congressional-election/index.html

On 12/20/2018 at 11:23 AM, Hersh said:

The expectation should be they are embracing a large part of the Dems platform

No reason to ever think they'd sell anyone out, or compromise their principles entirely to harm their opposition.

I mean, other than the massive pattern of doing exactly that when members of the GOP.

Never forget any of these people. Ferrying scorpions through the flood they caused is a bad idea.

~Bang

Archived