Makaveli

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

 

 

 

Good call, 1-7 with the highest paid offense in the NFL, averaging 8ppg and still holding onto all of the players that they could trade away now like every other scrub team is doing.

 

What a ****ing moron charade.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

 

Good call, 1-7 with the highest paid offense in the NFL, averaging 8ppg and still holding onto all of the players that they could trade away now like every other scrub team is doing.

 

What a ****ing moron charade.

 

WTF!  Highest paid offense!  I didn't know that.  I thought Bruce was a genius at the cap.  Or frugal, whatever.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fans are seeing it.

Media are seeing it.

NFL is seeing it.

 

But still our FO doesn't see it... That's weird...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Fans are seeing it.

Media are seeing it.

NFL is seeing it.

 

But still our FO doesn't see it... That's weird...

And it's been 20 years of laughable idiocy.

 

There is nothing new going on in DC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mudpig said:

 

WTF!  Highest paid offense!  I didn't know that.  I thought Bruce was a genius at the cap.  Or frugal, whatever.  

I don't think we are, unless you count Alex Smith and Trent Williams, neither of whom is playing. Likewise a large portion of Keenum's salary was paid by Denver.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

 

Good call, 1-7 with the highest paid offense in the NFL, averaging 8ppg and still holding onto all of the players that they could trade away now like every other scrub team is doing.

 

What a ****ing moron charade.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Out of touch with reality? You don’t say.

 

According to Sheehan's podcast which I just heard (and wow you'd think this is made up comedy but according to him its real) Dan-Bruce came to the realization post Vikings game that they might not make the playoffs and Keenum might not be good.  So they are likely off the ledge finally that the 2019 team is bound for the playoffs.

 

I guess baby steps!

 

giphy.gif

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there no end to the depths of their stupidity? They're like a bottomless gas giant of retardation 

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

According to Sheehan's podcast which I just heard (and wow you'd think this is made up comedy but according to him its real) Dan-Bruce came to the realization post Vikings game that they might not make the playoffs and Keenum might not be good.  So they are likely off the ledge finally that the 2019 team is bound for the playoffs.

 

I guess baby steps!

 

giphy.gif

 

Better late than never? I knew this team was a non-playoff team in preseason.

 

If Case was so good, why didn't the Vikings resign him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Is there no end to the depths of their stupidity? They're like a bottomless gas giant of retardation 

 

Oh, it's possible that we haven't seen the depths. LOL I mean this guy hired an OC before hiring a head coach. If Bruce is fired I expect Vinny to be on a short list

Edited by SlinginSammy HOF '63
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

According to Sheehan's podcast which I just heard (and wow you'd think this is made up comedy but according to him its real) Dan-Bruce came to the realization post Vikings game that they might not make the playoffs and Keenum might not be good.  So they are likely off the ledge finally that the 2019 team is bound for the playoffs.

 

I guess baby steps!

 

So you mean paloffs is not now???

 

gfsPCJfyMJ1Pd83FOMtt-Uhy_J4q8wwrjGGDwco5

Edited by Wildbunny
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

I don't think we are, unless you count Alex Smith and Trent Williams, neither of whom is playing. Likewise a large portion of Keenum's salary was paid by Denver.

Yes, you count the people that actually count against the cap, whether they play or not is irrelevant.  You dont get your cap back from Jordan Reed because you were stupid enough to keep him for another year.

 

Thats like saying "I paid $100k for this car, but I didnt because the interior cost $20k and I took it out and dont use it, so I only paid $80k for it.  Except I paid $100k"

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Thats like saying "I paid $100k for this car, but I didnt because the interior cost $20k and I took it out and dont use it, so I only paid $80k for it.  Except I paid $100k"

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t understand why this is so hard to understand:

 

1. Bruce has convinced Dan the plan is working, they’ve been victims of bad luck (Injures) and stupidity of their HC. (Who Bruce selected, which seems to be conveniently forgotten.

 

2. Trading pieces for future draft picks essentially admits defeat and that were not close.

 

3. Bruce will not admit defeat, because that would give Dan a reason to start over with somebody else.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t understand why this is so hard to understand:

 

1. Bruce has convinced Dan the plan is working, they’ve been victims of bad luck (Injures) and stupidity of their HC. (Who Bruce selected, which seems to be conveniently forgotten.

 

2. Trading pieces for future draft picks essentially admits defeat and that were not close.

 

3. Bruce will not admit defeat, because that would give Dan a reason to start over with somebody else.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 8:26 AM, Wildbunny said:

Fans are seeing it.

Media are seeing it.

NFL is seeing it.

 

But still our FO doesn't see it... That's weird...

That’s good sarcasm.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ultimately, Snyder is the problem. He runs the team like a country club.

 

Cerrato? Racquetball buddy.

Allen? Drinking buddy.

 

Why does he make it a point to be friends with the person running football operations? In what scenario is that a good idea? It certainly makes it harder to look at the situation objectively. It’s probably the reason he stuck with Vinny so long and the same with Bruce. When you’re invested in something with a “close” friend you’re going to view it as “we’ll get through this rough patch together” rather than judging them on performance. You’ll only end up firing them when you’re backed up against a wall and have no other alternative.

 

Alex Smith in the owner’s box. Bowling with Griffin. Theismann. Son went to the same school as Haskins. Portis. Tom Cruise. Matthew Mcconaughey. More country club nonsense. It’s a social platform for him.

Edited by Makaveli
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t understand why this is so hard to understand:

 

1. Bruce has convinced Dan the plan is working, they’ve been victims of bad luck (Injures) and stupidity of their HC. (Who Bruce selected, which seems to be conveniently forgotten.

 

2. Trading pieces for future draft picks essentially admits defeat and that were not close.

 

3. Bruce will not admit defeat, because that would give Dan a reason to start over with somebody else.

I don’t blame Allen at all.  He’s collecting a paycheck.  Snyder owns the club- and this mess.

 

He’s not only height-challenged, he’s a mental midget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.