Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

Remember that caricature of Snyder as the devil which he sued the Examiner over claiming it was anti-Semitic. Someone needs to Photoshop the imagery onto Allen with the caption "Brucifer." He can't claim it's anti-Semitic...I mean he could since his mother was secretly Jewish, but he and his brother have tried to obscure that aspect so thoroughly that they wouldn't dare claim it in public.

Also, can one of you Photoshop geniuses please crop Dan and Bruce's faces on the poster pic of Dumb and Dumber.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Bruce/Dan are mostly insulated from fan views of them and the team -- that's Hoffman's take.

This man ... its this. These guys don't care enough to really feel the pulse of the fan base.  They are so brutally disconnected. 

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I feel terrible,  but in my head all I can hear when I think of that story is "Stupid American, so stupid, why so stupid?"

I want to believe few people :unsure: are just ready to sell their soul to the devil. We've got some over here letting sell our land and properties to the evil empire Emirs.

if there is a little glimmer of hope where if Grant and Loverro's sources are right in that Bruce isn't totally safe.

Best case scenario is they get blown out this Sunday and people keep doing this below.  On twitter, people seem very organized.  People leaving messages to Dan's wife is perfect.  I see some are leaving messages to Bruce -- what's the point of that if he's the target?

31 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Maybe those guys can help...

Dan Snyder cannot be harder to beat than Thanos, right?

@Skinsinparadise you're getting me pumped! I'll probably leave them a message in french tomorrow just for the fun of it. It won't be unnoticed :D

I'll leave them a message myself tomorrow.  I was just listening to Sheehan's podcast.  He has a different take on the Lafemina firing but I was more interested to hear him think Bruce is going to go -- but he admitted that's more gut that anything and his sources don't know on this front.

Between all of that (Loverro's source/Grant's source), the Redskins message board flooded with firebruceallen hashtags, firebruceallen trending on twitter, voice mail messages left at Redskins Park -- and hearing multiple times if this Sunday is ugly there is a chance it might anger Dan enough to bring change - all of that has given me a sliver of optimism

Not saying its going down but there is enough noise to make me think there is at least a chance even if its a small one.  Loverro's and Grant's sources didn't tell them that Bruce is gone but its not out of the question that he will be gone -- so am hanging on to that...

Edit:  As I am listening to Sheehan's podcast, he said he learned from people who know Bruce and Dan that they'd hate to see the Vikings in the playoffs for the most obvious reason.  So Dan's nightmare day would be being blown out by the Eagles AND the Vikings win.

10 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Vinny?  Zorn?  Spurrier?

I had a conversation on this earlier today. Possible it's Louis Riddick or Charlie Casserly. Dan needs that "cool hire splash to recharge the fanbase". Casserly fits that. Charlie's also come across more in his tv spots as towing the company line when discussing the team. Dan's running out of nostalgia hires to make, but Charlie fits the bill better the Louis Riddick. Riddick came from the Vinny learning tree & when he went Philly he did the exact same stupid **** Vinny did here. Over paid for FAs, tried to buy a SB, etc. But whoever is, provided it's a FO move, will end up being Bruce's scapegoat the following year when the wheels fall off.

37 minutes ago, carex said:

if they're so insulated then how does do they feel that Bruce is unjustly hated, want to prop him up, like some of the earlier posts said?

I venture a guess he’s not actively pursuing the pulse of the fanbase nor our opinions.  However I’m sure that stuff is reported to Snyder.  Literally every time the Redskins post on social media, the fan response is always trashing Bruce and/or Dan.  The amount of it varies contingent upon current events but it’s always there.  It would be impossible for them not to know fans hate them.  

2 minutes ago, TK said:

I had a conversation on this earlier today. Possible it's Louis Riddick or Charlie Casserly. Dan needs that "cool hire splash to recharge the fanbase". Casserly fits that. Charlie's also come across more in his tv spots as towing the company line when discussing the team. Dan's running out of nostalgia hires to make, but Charlie fits the bill better the Louis Riddick. Riddick came from the Vinny learning tree & when he went Philly he did the exact same stupid **** Vinny did here. Over paid for FAs, tried to buy a SB, etc. But whoever is, provided it's a FO move, will end up being Bruce's scapegoat the following year when the wheels fall off.

If that’s their idea of a big splash, I have news for them, neither guy will even ripple the water.  

The big big splash is cleaning house.  The fanbase already fell for their facade of a GM in Scot.  Won’t happen again and certainly not for guys like Casserly or Riddick.  The only guy that might do the trick would be Joe Gibbs.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If that’s their idea of a big splash, I have news for them, neither guy will even ripple the water.  

The big big splash is cleaning house.  The fanbase already fell for their facade of a GM in Scot.  Won’t happen again and certainly not for guys like Casserly or Riddick.  The only guy that might do the trick would be Joe Gibbs.

I think Gibbs as president who hires GM and HC would work as a splash.

Gibbs isn’t coming back as a coach, and he isn’t a great personnel guy,

43 minutes ago, TK said:

It's just a peg better to me than brining back Vinny.  Tough for me to see how Casserly fits a splash hire.  His drafts in the 90s I think were even worse than Vinny's.  He presents himself well on TV and he's a cool guy.  But if I could have a dollar for every time (and yeah Vinny did have some defenders back in the day though not me) Vinny's defenders would say hey at least he drafts better than Casserly -- and they had something to their point except Vinny would trade away so many picks whereas Casserly would keep picks. 

Casserly to me the nicest guy among the GMs we've had but as for competence I'd give him a slight edge over Vinny and Bruce at best.  And if that's Dan's move, wow, cringe worthy to me.  

But if he hires Casserly like the Jets hired him to make the next move as for hiring a GM/personnel staff -- I am ok with that.  Not that his hire for the Jets has been great, rumor is that GM could be canned this off season.  Casserly as for comments (maybe its been to protect his status at the park) from what I recall is pro Dan and pro Bruce.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/redskins/daily/july99/24/redskins24.htm

,,, he also was involved with the head coaches in the team's decisions to use first-round draft choices this decade on a number of disappointing players, including Bobby Wilson, Desmond Howard, Tom Carter, Heath Shuler, Michael Westbrook and Andre Johnson.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/47641/whos-been-wrong-more-than-charley-casserly

The Charley Casserly news probably elicited a great big laugh from the New England Patriots' bunker in Foxborough, Massachusetts. Bill Belichick, we know, isn't a member of the Casserly fan club.

Belichick doesn't fire off too many candid responses, which made it stunning almost five years ago (January 2010) when he ripped Casserly for reporting on CBS that Tom Brady was playing with three broken ribs.

"Who's been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins? His percentage is like a meteorologist," Belichick said during his weekly spot on WEEI radio. "He has no relationship to this team. I'd say less than zero. Based on what? He's never at a practice, never at a game. ... At least he put his name on it, which is more than a lot of guys. But, like he usually is, he was 100 percent wrong."

Long time lurker who is very social media savvy. There are around 600 employees on LinkedIn. Jessica Gilles Social Media Manager, Doug Williams, Eric Schaefer, Larry Michael, Rachel Engelsob Senior Director, Alexander Truitt Senior Director Coorperate Partnerships Email them tell them how fans feel. Contact the corporate sponsors. Just food for thought 

2 minutes ago, Rypienskinz said:

Long time lurker who is very social media savvy. There are around 600 employees on LinkedIn. Jessica Gilles Social Media Manager, Doug Williams, Eric Schaefer, Larry Michael, Rachel Engelsob Senior Director, Alexander Truitt Senior Director Coorperate Partnerships Email them tell them how fans feel. Contact the corporate sponsors. Just food for thought 

Within that group I think Schaefer might be the best target.  Doug from what many have said is very close to Bruce and has has back.  I like Larry but I doubt he'd rock the boat and I don't blame him for it -- Bruce is his boss. 

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think Gibbs as president who hires GM and HC would work as a splash.

Gibbs isn’t coming back as a coach, and he isn’t a great personnel guy,

In hindsight, he never should've come back to coach, he should've gone straight to president and done exactly what you said (though I'm sure you meant the GM he hired would hire the coach)

1 hour ago, carex said:

if they're so insulated then how does do they feel that Bruce is unjustly hated, want to prop him up, like some of the earlier posts said?

On that one I said its sort of a muddled message if you combine narratives, only one said that Dan wants to improve Bruce's image and help him come out on top -- forgot whom.  All the others speculated that Dan is insulated and may or may not know about the level of hatred towards Bruce.   

I posted an article awhile ago that quoted a staff member saying Dan doesn't even do emails.  He apparently isn't a social media guy.  And some who know him doesn't think he listens to talk radio.  But they say he reads the WP even though he doesn't think much of them.

Brewer and Keim among others have said Dan has a very tight circle of close people he trusts and they speculated that enables Bruce to have a lot of say since he's the lead dog of that small circle so Dan is constantly bombarded with Bruce's worldview take of the Redskins as opposed to everyone else.   Multiple people also said their business relationship extends to friendship off the field where they go drinking together.

Heck when I went to training camp, I was eating outside at an Irish pub across the street from Mortons in Richmond.   Some Redskins fans were at a table near by heard them mention the thought Snyder was there.  Minutes later, Bruce walks right by our table -- and goes right into Mortons.   I was eating outside for a good hour and I didn't notice anyone else from the team head there.   

24 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Like I said, he's running out of nostalgia hires.

And the only ones that'll continue to fall for it are the casual, not as educated about the team, rah rah fans. You can find them in a bunch of those Facebook fan groups or at the Redskins Rallys for away games.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

In hindsight, he never should've come back to coach, he should've gone straight to president and done exactly what you said (though I'm sure you meant the GM he hired would hire the coach)

Im not exactly on the GM hiring the coach bandwagon.  I like an executive in charge to hire both the GM, who has roster control, and the coach.  The reason being is I don’t think the person who has roster control should have the ability to scape goat the coach if he fails to put together a good roster.

Think of it like a CEO who hires a CFO to run finances and COO to run operations.  They both report to the CEO, and have to work together, but have defined roles. 

The key is to have a really good football guy at the top so he can evaluate the roster and he coaching separately and determine if either side is lacking.  

I watched Casserly today on Redskins 100 and if he is poised to return he is doing a good job of acting otherwise -- Finlay was asking him questions like what are they going to do about Norman and he goes he has no idea what they would do...he had that tone in that conversation where he didn't come off plugged in at all -- not that he should be but if he is returning either they haven't briefed him yet or he is protesting too much.

Archived