Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GAME DAY THREAD- REDSKINS vs VIKINGS

TK

I simply don't like our stiff ass QB against tough defenses. I just don't. He rarely does well. He "thinks" too goddamn much when he needs to be playing with "football" instincts, not some ****ing scientific analysis bull****. Listen to his interviews!! Its clear that he spends time in the pocket "thinking". You're playing football man!!!

I say if it ain't natural, it ain't making plays. And Kirk doesn't "make plays" often enough for me to say its natural which is way it takes an act of congress for him to tuck and run or do anything off schedule. Defenses don't give a **** about what Kirk can do. Its scheduled and nothing comes as a surprise. 

7 minutes ago, SlinginSammy HOF '63 said:

Jay needs to be gone. Cousins can be decent if he has star receivers. He can't make things happen with just anybody like Brady. The thing is, if Kirk wants the kind of money he wants, we ain't paying for great receivers.

I don’t need Kirk to be Brady. Brady is a once a generation player for a reason. Not everyone can have a player like that. Kirk is a good but inconsistent quarterback. If your benchmark is Brady (and that’s fine if it is), you’re going to be disappointed all the time because no one else in the nfl is brady. 

The Doctson twerk route along with Kirks INT is the difference, the defense played poorly but they've played winning football most of the year.

It would have been nice for the offense to step up and win a game, can we say they have done that at all this season?

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Im gonna hang that last one in the 1st half on Kirk.  So should you.

I'm not.  The Vikings got the ball on the 23 yard line, and I see absolutely no reason to assume a defense can't force a field goal i that situation.  Neither offense nor defense is expected to only perform in ideal situations.  

Sorry to keep repeating myself but said we would have a 7-9 or 8-8 season and lose Cousin's in FA, That part I'm not that bothered about because Cousin's in no way is a top 5 QB. But more importantly we will possibly end with a draft pick between 13-20 In the draft, which means unless we move up then drafting one of the top QB's is out of the question. 

HTTR 

Kirk played good enough to win today. But he also played bad enough to lose. I still say we get it just before and after the half. Yup, Kirk was a part of that with the INT. But crap 3 possessions and three TD'S??? even one FG out of those three, we probably win this game.

1 minute ago, Destino said:

I'm not.  The Vikings got the ball on the 23 yard line, and I see absolutely no reason to assume a defense can't force a field goal i that situation.  Neither is expected to only perform in ideal situations.  They gave up 38 points.  

Follow your heart, brother.  I trust my eyes.

3 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

The Doctson twerk route along with Kirks INT is the difference, the defense played poorly but they've played winning football most of the year.

It would have been nice for the offense to step up and win a game, can we say they have done that at all this season?

What the defense did the rest of the season doesn't matter.  How many teams can give up 38 points to the Vikings and win?  Name them.  

5 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Anyone talking about the offense when the defense gave up nearly 40 to Case ****ing Keenum doesn't get it. At all.

Once or twice a year there are games that don't play out as you'd have thought... winners find a way. This wasn't the game I would have predicted, no, but it became obvious early that this was going to be a shootout. We made the first big error, twice settled for FGs under 30 yards, failed to convert a fourth and one, missed a wide open WR for a TD... that's what I will remember re: this one.

2 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

I guess determining that is up to the super smart fans, it's beyond me apparently. 

if you think you've correctly identified the situation then perhaps, as I predict the rest of the mod staff would affirm, you should read more and post less :)

Archived