Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GAME DAY THREAD- REDSKINS vs VIKINGS

TK

14 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

If Gruden owns up to the play calls on 3rd and 4th and 1 then I will forgive.  But guarantee he spews some bull****

Remember when we roasted Gruden for running on 2 3rd and 1s?  I think I’m the second Philly game?

he passed on both of those with bad results and then he ran on 2 (one was a 4th down) today to bad results.

maybe we need a better plan in short yardage al together?  

And, fwiw, having CT run in short yardage isn’t really his strength.  I know Rob Kelley, the 32nd best starting running back in the NFL is out. Perine is bigger and stronger. Maybe try that?  

Gruden gets stuck on guys he likes and forgets that other guys might be better in certain situations.

1 minute ago, jschuck12001 said:

So the defense plays 1 bad game and we scald them but the offense has underachieved all year and we give them a pass.

Sounds fishy.

We are only talking about one game.  In this one game the defense got their doors blown off and allowed a mediocre Vikings offense to set a season high in points.  The redskins offense, as bad as they may have looked, managed the most points the Vikings have surrendered all season.  There's just no getting around it.  

Skins are just an average, mediocre, team in the middle of the pack ... what is so hard to figure out.

The Homers on this web site are blinded by their burgundy glasses.

Skins need a complete overhaul if they ever want to compete.

This includes coaching and QB-ing.

Check out the Rams and Iggles to see how easy it is.

8 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

The Redskins.  They left 15 easy points on the field.  The TD pass that wasn't to Thompson ended in a FG in the second quarter and the two lost TDs in the third quarter where they only got one FG.  30 + 15 = 45.  They should have won the game 45-38.

So if the offense avoided all major mistakes, but the Vikings still made their own... the Redskins would have won.  Is there a single loss this season where that "logic" wouldn't be true?  Hell, just tell me what game the redskins would have lost if only they'd scored 45 points!  lol

6 minutes ago, sebestian said:

This. 

But how can any self respecting coach see Compton and think “yeah he should play”

How can we all see it and yet the guy who decides who plays can’t?  

Will is either connected to Dans family, or he has dirt on Dan

it used to be about coaches but this obviously goes all the way up to the top

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Remember when we roasted Gruden for running on 2 3rd and 1s?  I think I’m the second Philly game?

he passed on both of those with bad results and then he ran on 2 (one was a 4th down) today to bad results.

And, fwiw, having CT run in short yardage isn’t really his strength.  I know Rob Kelley, the 32nd best starting running back in the NFL is out. Perine is bigger and stronger. Maybe try that?  

Gruden gets stuck on guys he likes and forgets that other guys might be better in certain situations.

This. It seems like when we get to short yardage on critical plays, we never play it on our terms. We never spread it out wide and then run it up the gut with a clearer field in front of us. We default to three plays: Run up the gut with literally everyone at the line, we stretch to the side with Chris Thompson in with other receivers stretched out, or we pass with receivers stretched out. We never manipulate them, we never try to take advantage of them.

9 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

if you think you've correctly identified the situation then perhaps, as I predict the rest of the mod staff would affirm, you should read more and post less :)

Alright brother, I ain't too stupid to realize I am being called stupid. However politely it was worded nobody enjoys it. I had enjoyed being a contributor, I guess like any season, the weather changes. I will post less and try reading more. You guys can take down my pic on the dart board now. 

26 minutes ago, Destino said:

My tip, if your offense scores 30 points and your QB is bad you should be able to name other offensive players that played amazing.  Feel free to do so.  

You remeber how when Kirk took over for RG3, all of a sudden our offensive line got better?

If we had a better QB, we might extend drives more, keeping the opposing team off the field. We might get timely first downs to extend plays. A better QB might even get us TDs instead of FGs.

Kirk is a good QB but 3 years in, he is not improving. Before we make excuses. Vikings also had injuries but Keenam got TDs not FGs. And Kirk had issues in the redzone last year when the team was healthy and with two good WRs.

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

This. It seems like when we get to short yardage on critical plays, we never play it on our terms. We never spread it out wide and then run it up the gut with a clearer field in front of us. We default to three plays: Run up the gut with literally everyone at the line, we stretch to the side with Chris Thompson in with other receivers stretched out, or we pass with receivers stretched out. We never manipulate them, we never try to take advantage of them.

To add to this, I will admit, we did manipulate them ONCE. That was when we got Chris Thompson lined up on an LB for a wheel route. That was the one play the entire game that I saw us take advantage of them.

3 minutes ago, Gregpeck99 said:

Check out the Rams and Iggles to see how easy it is.

Both traded multiple picks for their starting QBs.  

For now, it seems to be working for both of them.  

But it it’s not easy and you have to get a little lucky. 

We have no luck.  We trade picks to move up and get 1 awesome year, then an injury and head case.

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

So if the offense avoided all major mistakes, but the Vikings still made their own... the Redskins would have won.  Is there a single loss this season where that "logic" wouldn't be true?  Hell, just tell me what game the redskins would have lost if only they'd scored 45 points!  lol

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with these posts??

It’s like the offense is above reproach(and we all know why)

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I was pissed at the formations. If you want to run CT, fine, but do it from a 4-wide spread, where you have larger gaps to run through, and the threat of a pass. Both plays were with one receiver  split wide in a bunch formation, that allows the defense to stack the box without worry.

it was a frustrating game, but I'll be honest.  I didn't know anything about the Vikings.  I didn't know they were fast, I didn't know they had only allowed Keenum to be sacked five times.  The D was going in with troubles in that case.  I wonder if Allen and Ionnadis would have helped them at all.  Also didn't know they were assholes

7 minutes ago, dyst said:

You remeber how when Kirk took over for RG3, all of a sudden our offensive line got better?

If we had a better QB, we might extend drives more, keeping the opposing team off the field. We might get timely first downs to extend plays. A better QB might even get us TDs instead of FGs.

Kirk is a good QB but 3 years in, he is not improving. Before we make excuses. Vikings also had injuries but Keenam got TDs not FGs. And Kirk had issues in the redzone last year when the team was healthy and with two good WRs.

I didn't think our OL was bad in RG3s first year.  They had more trouble his second yea, but it's hard to protect a statue

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

I honestly don’t think this particular game should be a referendum on Cousins.  

I’m willing to make it a referendum on the offensive skill players we entered the season with. The idea of entering the season with Pryor/Doctson and Grant as your starting WRs and Keller as your starting RB was criminally stupid.  

The defense was awful for the first half and a drive .  But they did regroup enough to allow the offense opportunities to win the game.  So no referendum on defense either. That happens. 

1 minute ago, Dissident2 said:

The loss sucks obviously, but wow ... seeing the stadium practically overrun by Vikings fans was a real kick in the old twig and berries. I expect it from teams like the Steelers and Cowboys, etc., but the Vikings?? This may be a new low. 

They’re a good team, it’s a transient town, and tickets were cheap because our fanbase is jaded 

Not sure why anyone still gets confused by this when every other team in the city has the same problems even when they win a lot 

Just now, SWFLSkins said:

Alright brother, I ain't too stupid to realize I am being called stupid. However politely it was worded nobody enjoys it. I had enjoyed being a contributor, I guess like any season, the weather changes. I will post less and try reading more. You guys can take down my pic on the dart board now. 

well, i wouldn't call you stupid now for "realizing" something that isn't so (which coincidentally was a theme in some of my earlier posts) but i haven't posted anything like that to date---i was letting your own words hang out there and allowing the logical implication of your snark to have the space it deserves...but  a good idea at this point would be to just move on :)

19 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with these posts??

Killing time.  

19 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

It’s like the offense is above reproach(and we all know why)

Not at all.  Offense could have played better.  I'm just amused by the notion that scoring 30 against the Vikings is bad and the reason we lost.  

Archived