Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harvey Weinstein, Fired Amongst Sexual Harassment Allegations


Spaceman Spiff
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

 

I suspect the dam is about to burst and more allegations against Spacey are coming out. May be Netflix getting ahead. 

 

They shouldnt cancel House of Cards. Robin Wright is good enough to carry the show.

 

Yep, could definitely be waiting it out to see if anything else involves Spacey.  Robin Wright is great and given where her character is in the show now.....Frank could disappear and not all would be lost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now actor Jeremy Piven accused of sexual assault. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/31/jeremy-piven-accused-sexual-assault-by-reality-star-ariane-bellamar.html

 

Something I don't like about Piven, I can't really put my finger on it. I think its "middle aged guy trying to be a young hipster" vibe I get

from him that I find annoying.

 

Anyway, bad news for him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I agree completely.

 

I don't think her luggage testing positive for drugs is a smear campaign.

 

Nor do I believe that this should silence her advocacy on the work around stopping the predators in Hollywood.

 

Agreed.  I mean it's not a shocker that a hollywood star is taking drugs.  There's no smear campaign there, she made a poor decision.  

 

49 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Now actor Jeremy Piven accused of sexual assault. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/31/jeremy-piven-accused-sexual-assault-by-reality-star-ariane-bellamar.html

 

Something I don't like about Piven, I can't really put my finger on it. I think its "middle aged guy trying to be a young hipster" vibe I get

from him that I find annoying.

 

Anyway, bad news for him. 

 

I can see that about Piven, but I thought he was great as Ari on Entourage.  Couldn't see anyone else playing that role better.

 

I have a feeling that there are whole bunch of dominos that'll fall in coming weeks/months/years.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to ask this in the confidence of a forum that I've been a part of for over a decade. You guys know me, I've been very open, and I hope you all trust my intentions are positive.

 

Is it incredibly naive or passive for me to assume that these 20-30 year-old stories of abuse might not apply to the current actions or attitudes of these men anymore? Could, feasibly, they be completely different people decades on? And, if so, how am I supposed to read into these confessions? In the 70s, my father was an alcoholic womanizer with a violent streak who spend some time in prison, but in 1980 he started turning his life around and he's been a model citizen ever since. I have the utmost respect for him. If he was famous? Stories like this would be released about him weekly. He would be persona non grata. 


Generally, I don't look up to celebrities. It's a bad idea. Lots of emotions tied up in flawed individuals. And I'm sure there are plenty of things Hoffman has done that are vile and inexcusable. But jeez, 32 years? Am I supposed to assume he's this person now? In the 70s, David Bowie used his influence to creep on young teenage girls, but I don't believe that's the man he grew to become after he kicked the cocaine habit. So how do I view him besides what he was, a flawed man that had a positive character turn?

 

Now, obviously, this doesn't apply to all of the stories that have come out. Some of these men continue to be creeps and the narrative supports it. Some of the stories give me a little room to accept growth on the part of the individual. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I'm going to ask this in the confidence of a forum that I've been a part of for over a decade. You guys know me, I've been very open, and I hope you all trust my intentions are positive.

 

Is it incredibly naive or passive for me to assume that these 20-30 year-old stories of abuse might not apply to the current actions or attitudes of these men anymore? Could, feasibly, they be completely different people decades on? And, if so, how am I supposed to read into these confessions? In the 70s, my father was an alcoholic womanizer with a violent streak who spend some time in prison, but in 1980 he started turning his life around and he's been a model citizen ever since. I have the utmost respect for him. If he was famous? Stories like this would be released about him weekly. He would be persona non grata. 


Generally, I don't look up to celebrities. It's a bad idea. Lots of emotions tied up in flawed individuals. And I'm sure there are plenty of things Hoffman has done that are vile and inexcusable. But jeez, 32 years? Am I supposed to assume he's this person now? In the 70s, David Bowie used his influence to creep on young teenage girls, but I don't believe that's the man he grew to become after he kicked the cocaine habit. So how do I view him besides what he was, a flawed man that had a positive character turn?

 

Now, obviously, this doesn't apply to all of the stories that have come out. Some of these men continue to be creeps and the narrative supports it. Some of the stories give me a little room to accept growth on the part of the individual. 

The question isnt about the perpetrators, but how the victims are dealing.

 

Clearly it has always bothered most of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's the thing. Yes, people can change, and if they've changed for the better, then good for them. 

 

The larger story, and let's not get sidetracked, is this abuse is endemic of people in power abusing those they consider lesser, and using sex as one their vehicles of abuse. 

 

As we know, the people in power are mostly men and the people they abuse are mostly women and children. 

 

It doesn't matter the industry or situation, and that's why it's endemic.

 

In patriarchy, women and children are mostly powerless to put a stop to this vile epidemic. The only way to put a stop to it at all levels is to shine the brightest lights upon it. And for men to stop it. That's right, in patriarchy, only men can put a stop to it. 

 

If individual men aren't part of the problem, they must be part of the solution. Call it out, stop making misogynistic statements in internet fora. Call out men at work, even if the man being called out is above in rank. Go to HR, go to police.

 

Zero tolerance for this abuse across the board.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who could possibly habe guessed it?  All of these cocaine fueled, vampire culture hollywood parties filled with narcissists, sociopaths, and beautiful men and women desperate to make it involved inappropriate touching?

 

Next you will tell me that politicians are for sale

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, zoony said:

Who could possibly habe guessed it?  All of these cocaine fueled, vampire culture hollywood parties filled with narcissists, sociopaths, and beautiful men and women desperate to make it involved inappropriate touching?

 

Next you will tell me that politicians are for sale

 

Won't stop them from self righteously preaching to the rest of us at the next awards show.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

And here's another problem.

 

 

FB_IMG_1509561255167.jpg

 

Oh come on.  Spacey said he didnt remember, and if he did he was drunk, and sorry, even though he didnt do it... and btw Im gay

 

This is a ridiculous stretch

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, no one gets a pass. I haven't seen that Ellen tweet before because I don't read Twitter. That's very offensive to me. 

 

I hope you realize that I have said "people" are offenders, and that includes women. Just because she's Lesbian she doesn't get a pass in my book, nor most of my friends. 

 

As too your post previously, Spacey doesn't get a pass because he was drunk, closeted, or abused by his father. We are all responsible for our actions as adults. 

 

And I want to point out that you are the one who raised the creepy statement about the two women sailors being Lesbians and your creepy mind went places and you actually articulated those creepy thoughts in public here on this board. How juvenile is that?  

 

So I consider you part of the problem. I see so much on here that's beyond the bounds, and I keep my thoughts to myself because of the pervasive misogyny and I would get called out instead of the men who are shielded from being called out.

 

Christ, it's just as sick in here sometimes. 

 

And I stay because some conversations are worthwhile. But I could complain every single ****ing day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...